Premier League Results Generally Go Newcastle’s Way

The results in the Premier League this afternoon generally went our way.

Stoke lost 2-1 at home to Everton and West Brom lost again this afternoon – this time 2-1 at Bournemouth.

West Brom have 21 points to play for (7 games), and they are still 12 points behind Newcastle so not much chance they can catch us now – and we must beat them at home on 28th April.

So two of the sides below Newcastle in the league lost their games.

But Crystal Palace had a very good 2-0 win at Huddersfield, who Newcastle play at home in two weeks time.

Newcastle stay in 13th place in the league table on 32 points, but we are now 4 points above the drop zone.

Rafa Benitez – looks happy at the results

Here’s how Newcastle stand after today’s games.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
8Everton38-1449
9Leicester38-447
10Newcastle38-844
11Crystal Palace38-1044
12Bournemouth38-1644
13West Ham38-2042

It’s going to be even more important that we can get all 3 points against the Terriers in two weeks time.

In the Championship, Sunderland lost 2-0 at home to Preston and Fulham could only draw 2-2 at home to QPR after being 2-0 up – Mitro didn’t score today.

What do you think?

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Worth reposting:

Live stream

Newcastle United will endeavour to show the match online, subject to a satisfactory connection at Pinatar Arena.

Further information will be shown at http://www.nufc.co.uk and on the club’s social media channels in due course.

• beermonkey

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:14 PM

ron

cheers for the info

• RobLeenio

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Thanks Ron good news. Should be available later too for those like me who will be out while it’s on live.

• RobLeenio

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:37 PM

Looks like Stoke are going to join West Brom in the Champo. Can’t see them escaping now requiring minimum 10 points from 7 matches. That leaves the one place beckoning.

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:37 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

How’s the WX down there . Weather . Snowing heavy here near Humshaugh

Read you message ..

I didn’t mean to leave out the names of present day posters..it was just when I had a look back at all the posters who were active several years ago and early doors there was no names there that post today . I could only see Lesh . He was the only name I seen ..I couldn’t mention any others as I didnt see any present day names .

So no disrespect meant Bill. Hope yer well .

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:11 PM

Looks like Radio Newcastle have curtailed the calls from Whinging Mackems

They had a few on .. I find it hard to listen to the host who comes across as a whiny Whinging bloke from Scotland. He reminds me of someone .. Whinging .

Dialect issues.

Am I spelling Whinging correctly ? WHINGING ?

• Munster Mag

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Great win for Ireland today. Stuffed it to the picnic munching 4×4 merchants on St Patrick’s day and stuffed the chariot up the mouthy Aussie coach. Don’t call the Irish “scummy” again, you ignorant halfwit.

• Jib

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM

Eddie Jones has hardly covered himself
    in glory the last coupla weeks
    He also slagged off the Welsh
    He’s called Jones ffs
    A real classless Aussie

• bettyswallocks

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM

• Munster Mag

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM

Solid results for toon. I had said palace look too good to go down so might as well suck hudds deeper into it

• Munster Mag

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:45 PM

Jib where is our Aussie gone, expat mag? Did he fall into a vat of wallys hut?

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Hope yer well Munster ..good luck at the appointment mate,.

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Betty’swallocks

Thanks for the link . Your a thinker . Advice taken.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:47 PM

See Pardew breaking yet more club records. It shows the plight of the English National team when he was seriously considered for the job.

• Jib

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:48 PM

The Irish victory
    1 They wanted it more
    2 Their defence was heroic
    3 They had a bit of luck
    4 They took their scoring chances with aplomb

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Online Guy. The blogs very own Harold Shipman!

• Munster Mag

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Cheers Online. Having a drink anyway 🙂

• Jib

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Liverpool leapfrog Spurs
    Watford had better be careful
    getting sucked into the stramash

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:56 PM

Munster at #10

Agreed. I like David Wagner a lot more than I like Woy and so would prefer Huddersfield to stay up and Palace to go down. But Palace are too good to be relegated and their current precarious position is mainly down to a huge number of injured players, many of whom are returning to fitness.

So it looks like Huddersfield might be the team that joins West Brom and Stoke in the big bye-bye – though they will be fighting with West Ham and Southampton for the privilege. My preference would be West Ham. Thugs.

• Munster Mag

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:59 PM

Cheers jib. I think we have better skills under pressure and a better coach too. They are incredibly well drilled

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM

Nice one Jib. Word of the week – stramash (from north of the border).

• Jib

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:04 PM

lesh

It certainly does fugit!

Two great guitarists:

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Wadda mean Jail ?

Wasn’t he a mass murderer ?

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:08 PM

Pain in the blog

All this arguing the toss between us …what say we put it to bed and shake hands ?

I’m easy.

• jane

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:12 PM

“I had said palace look too good to go down so might as well suck hudds deeper into it”

you were right i hope Palace still go down though 🙂

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:14 PM

Ron

Not to forget Roy Vogt who is playing bass. Incredible player.

• jane

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:15 PM

4 for Salah

“Mo Salah is the first Egyptian player to score a Premier League hat-trick, with Egypt the 43rd nation overall and the 10th African country to provide a hat-trick scorer in the competition.”

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Is he a session player, Pain? It’s the only time I’ve seen him.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Ron

Cheers for the info, shall give it a go.

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:23 PM

EGB

I’m sure it’ll be great to watch if the technology is up to it.

• cyprus

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM

Did Mourinho dump Salah and De Bruyne? Maybe he ain’t the genius we -he- thought he was.

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:30 PM

Ron

Yes he’s mainly a session man and teacher. He produced a DVD course called ‘Teach Me Bass Guitar’ which I investigated many years ago but never actually bought. But I did check out his YouTube videos. He’s no Jack Bruce but I like his slap bass sound.

• Ron Knee

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:38 PM

Pain

I’ve just googled him. He worked with Dickey Betts, which links him to Jack Pearson, in the video.

• Readingmag

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:42 PM

Hate me now… I will say it…. its not good if they go down.

No proper North East derby for years ( fingers crossed ) not good for the North east as a whole.
    Nothing beats the pain of a win or lose. ,The pain or the pure joy.

Whilst I hate to admit it …its not right. ( really sorry ) I love the region.

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:45 PM

Could have sworn Birmingham had 33 points this morning before today’s results..maybe even I was looking at BBC sport football and the championship table before it was updated . Thinking out loud , thinking out loud , as Mike Parry would say wen he’s trying to fiddle the quiz on Talk Shite.

Have you noticed how they debate lies on there? Take something from the tabloids and debate it as though it was true ..it then turns out to be not correct .

Mike Parry is a scream though . Everton nut. Loves Northumberland . Same here.

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:53 PM

Do you play Ron?

• Online Guy

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:57 PM

Always loved Buffalo Springfield .. Met them all over the years…Stephen Stills gave me the first Ever pressing of the single ..Marrakesh Express …..For what it’s worth.

I’m mates with Peter Lewis ..Moby Grape… Jim Messina …had a few nights with the guys.. together. Joe Vitale is great company ..got some of his gear here.

Nils Lofgren is a great bloke ..natter on the phone now and then ..

Pain in the blog ..don’t come back to me on the above .. It’s a normal day for me ..

• Ron Knee