Potential Newcastle Takeover Is Unlikely To Happen

Once Newcastle are safe in the league this season we may see some new bids for the club made to owner Mike Ashley.

Maybe Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Partners group will come back with a renewed offer to buy the club.

But there’s a strange report in the Star today that boxer Floyd Mayweather could be interested in a takeover bid for Newcastle United.

Floyd has made a lot of money in his boxing career and in 2016 Forbes Magazine had his net worth at £340M.

But it may be as much as £100M more than that after his last (comical) fight with Conor McGregor.

Floyd Mayweather – new owner of Newcastle – we doubt it

The news now is that Mayweather and McGregor could meet again – this time for a fight under UFC rules.

This stuff is only about making money, and it’s a little ridiculous.

Here are  some quotes in the Star said to be from Mayweather:

You better believe if I were to invest in Newcastle I would be back partying there often.”

“I love Newcastle. Those guys like to party as hard as any city I have been to anywhere in the world.”

“I met some of the players last year – and they are good guys.”

“I am always open to new business opportunities and I love all sports, but I invest with my head not my heart.”

“Investing with your heart is the quickest way to lose money.”

“But if somebody put together a business plan and my people looking over it and went ‘Floyd that can make money’ then I would invest.”

“Soccer might not be my game but I’ve got connections everywhere.”

“Cristiano Ronaldo has been a long-time supporter and buddy of mine, so I might even be able to get him to finish his career off at Newcastle.”

We would take this with a pinch of salt, and we would be (very) surprised if Floyd has actually said that.

But we’ve been wrong before.

There could be bids in the next couple of months but some could purely be publicity stunts.

We don’t expect Newcastle to have a new owner this summer, although it could still happen.

The main reason is that Ashley will be asking too much for the club – a club he’s let stagnate for eleven years now.

As long as Mike Ashley starts treating Rafa with some respect and dignity, and gets the Spanish manager to sign a long-term contract to stay on Tyneside – things shouldn’t be too bad.

But it all depends on Ashley.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Rob

Told ye so. 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Bullshit!!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Jail

Just a suggestion but why not run your next botanical screed through the English to Geordie translator, I might even read that. 🙂

• RobLeenio

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:22 PM

EGB, you defo called it lol

• G

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:22 PM

I could just see CR7 running up our wings, when he’s about 39 years old maybe…!

• TyneMouth

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:26 PM

Ronaldo at SJP. Wonderful, a proven penalty taker at last…

• RobLeenio

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:26 PM

Jeez, Ronaldo’s wages alone are more than the rest of the club’s wages put together, never mind the cost of his transfer fee. Would love to see him banging the goals in – what a signing it would be – but I’m realistic to know it’s never going to happen.

Can you imagine CR7’s reaction when he read these Mayweather quotes this morning? Cornflakes al owa the breakfast bar!

• A Pain in the Blog

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:28 PM

EGB at #32 on last thread

Another thing about speaking Geordie is the unique Geordie past tense.

All Romance languages have a present tense, a future tense and several past tenses. The past tenses in English are the imperfect, the perfect, the preterite and the Geordie.

Examples:
    Imperfect – I was going to Town. I was running all the way.
    Perfect – I have gone to Town. I have run all the way.
    Preterite – I went to Town. I ran all the way.

The perfect tense uses the verb ‘to have’ followed by the past participle of the active verb – ‘gone’ and ‘run’ in the example above. The preterite, on the other hand, is like the present tense in construction but uses a different form of the verb – ‘went’ and ‘ran’ above. The Geordie past tense substitutes the preterite for the past participle within the perfect tense construction:

Geordie – I have went to Town. I have ran all the way.

Got to get it right. It’s a dead giveaway of the pretend Geordie.

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:29 PM

“Kebab van found buried on the moon” should have stuck with that story.

• Tsunki

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:32 PM

For all you petty gamblers out there why not open up a book on which game (if any) Slim Pickens will appear in.

Guess the match Major Kong will drop in on and you are the winner. Bonus points towards your season prediction!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:33 PM

Tsunki

So who dug it up?

• bettyswallocks

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM

Or even , “Jeremy Corbyn involved in Russian Poisoning”.

• Geordie-john

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM

More shit to take the heat away from Fatman Cashley

• RobLeenio

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Is Oldgit1 Steve Wraith?

And wasn’t Steve Wraith connected to wor Mandy somehow?

• RobLeenio

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:12 PM

What? What did I say?

😉

• NUFCmagpie

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:37 AM

F&*CK Floyd Mayweather! He’d be an atrocious owners!