Goalkeeper Talks Of Newcastle Debut – It’s About The Passion – Didn’t Want To Leave Pitch

Martin Dubravka seems like a great find for Newcastle and it’s almost certain he will sign full time for the club this summer.

But that depends on Martin continuing the fine form he has shown so far in the final 8 games of the season.

He has brought in new skills to the side and Rafa has said both Rob Elliot and Karl Darlow have benefited from Martin coming in – and especially Karl Darlow.

Dubravka has good leadership abilities and controls his box very well and he’s also very good with his feet.

Martin Dubravka – confidently taking cross during his debut

He has been interviewed in tomorrow’s program for the vital game against Huddersfield – and that match may prove a more difficult challenge than we think.

Here’s some of what Dubravka has said in tomorrows program:

“You need to find a way to show yourself, to the fans, the club. But I didn’t think of it in this way, you know.”

“I thought, ‘just go on the pitch and play football’, what I love.”

“I’m happy that the debut against Manchester United was probably one of the best games I’ve played in.”

“It will stay in my mind forever.”

“I didn’t want to go off the pitch. You could see we were very happy. You can hear the crowd.”

“I didn’t want to go to the dressing room, but I wanted to celebrate with my teammates.”

“I wanted to stay a little bit longer and enjoy these feelings. That’s why you play football.”

“It’s about the passion.”

It’s been a very long three weeks since we beat the Saints and all that matters now is that we can get all 3 points tomorrow afternoon.

Anything less against Huddersfield will be a huge disappointment with over 80% of fans expecting a win.

This is the most important game of the season for us so far.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM

DeAndre Yedlin
    Played a full 90 minutes in N Carolina Tuesday evening
    I guess after his journey back to the NE he may be rested

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Looks to be a good keeper, whoever scouted him deserves a pat on the back. Being tall and athletic is a bonus too so wonder why he might not have been first choice back in the summer when we supposedly wanted caballero and Reina.

• Tsunki

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:36 AM

We are fantastically lined up for a disappointing result, aren’t we?

• DubaiMicky

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:43 AM

@Tsunki, that’s my worry too. Oh to be a Toon fan.

• Jib

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:46 AM

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:59 AM

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:01 PM

No Tsunki I don’t think we are, I think this is going to be the first real pasting we’ve given anyone this season, every team has at least one high scoring game and I think 5-0 tomorrow.

• giimps

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:04 PM

I’m just going to the game with an open mind, 3 points and we’re virtually safe, 1 point and it’s another game over with udders below us, and we have a better goal difference and a game in hand, a defeat however would see us drop back into the brown stuff ,I do think however, there is only one more place to take in the great relegation race, Stoke, Southampton and West Brom are pretty much doomed, at least 2 of them will sink imho, and probably( hopefully ) West Sham.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:09 PM

A win tomorrow makes us virtually safe, especially if West Ham beat Soton, that would put us seven points clear of the drop zone. We’d have to lose three while Stoke and Soton won those same three. Fingers crossed that tomorrow sees us safe.

• hibbit

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:21 PM

one job tomorrow get the 3 points and see where we are at 5 o’clock is probably the best bet
    let the others teams do the worrying

• Tsunki

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Aye Je…….. Jib – don’t say we haven’t been here before. 😐

I will bestow my definitive portent tomorrow ha ha. We should win of that there is no doubt. Should.

• jazzyp

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM

I’m with Jail on this one. Hopefully we have come good at the right time and a big win will go along way to instilling more confidence within the dressing room

• Tsunki

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Mind everyone at the bottom has tough games tomorrow compared to us. West ham and Southampton has draw all over it. If anything needs is awake to blow the final whistle.

• lesh

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:40 PM

Jail

Gan canny on Jiblets and his various egos, they’ve had a trying day so far what with Ed’s ‘next’ post indicator not being visible added to being a little err, tired, which won’t help coping with the day’s new adventure.

• toonincheek

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:49 PM

How many times over the years has a team that is,
    on the face of it, down and out produced incredible
    for and results.
    When you are faced with the big drop and the s**t is
    about to hit the fan, sometimes players find another
    gear.

5under1and did it two years ago, matching our late run
    with Rafa as manager and just edged us out/down.

Leicester did it and went on to win the PL the season
    after.

Just wondering who could do it this year.

• toonincheek

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:49 PM

form and results

• chicousa

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:54 PM

toonincheeck,
    I’m hoping the team to make the late season is already evident…..it is us!

• chicousa

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Late season “push”…

• barkel

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:02 PM

@toonincheek

Would have to say Swansea this year, they’ve turned it around big time and I reckon they’ll be safe in the next 3 games. I think we’ll be safe by then too. 35pts and a decent goal difference will be enough to stay up this season

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:35 PM

Toney scored again for Scunny

• sing in the corner

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:49 PM

I’m as confident about a toon win as I’ve been about any game this season. We have hit some form right at the business end of the dog fight, and you sense Hudders are faltering a bit. Everyone’s pretty fresh bar Yedlin but we can cope without him if necessary.
    Rafa won’t let any complacency creep in, I’m sure.
    I’m going for 2 nil to us.