Player Describes How Difficult It Was Playing Against The Terriers

Martin Dubravka has not allowed a goal in at St. James’ Park yet, and in the three home games he has played in we have won all three of them.

Next up at home are Arsenal in a couple of weeks so it would be excellent if Newcastle and Dubravka can keep a clean sheet in that game.

A win against Arsenal will likely see us safe this season – given the excellent football the lads have been playing so farthis year.

Martin Dubravka – in action against Huddersfield

Dubravka arrived back last week from International duty after playing in Thailand.

The 29-year-old says he hadn’t slept properly since returning from playing in the international friendly games.

This is what the Slovakian International has said as reported in the Shields Gazette today.

“I couldn’t sleep! I still have it (jet lag). It was really difficult for me.”

“For the first two days, I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t use the sleeping pills. “It’s a bit better now.” “

I’m tired after the game, but I have friends and family here, so I’m happy that I can see them.”

“That’s how our defense is working,” “I’m very happy that they’re helping me. I’m trying to help them too.”

“It was very important for us. It was a difficult game for us. We tried to control the game.”

“But it was difficult to play against a team which was standing in front of the box.”

“For a keeper, it’s one of the worst games when you don’t have so much to do but need to be ready.”

“It was important that we won.”

“(When we scored) I was so happy. I was running, I thought that I would go there also with the players.”

“But then I realized I had to stay calm and be ready for the next 10 minutes, so I stopped the run.”

“That’s the worst for the keeper,” “You need to be focused for 90 minutes with not so much to do;  but the defenders made this game very easy for me.”

“Actually, the coach was shouting information, and I tried to explain it to the players who had been celebrating.”

“Then I tried to enjoy the goal a little bit with the fans.”

Newcastle are now handily placed in the league in 12th place after two successive wins against Southampton and Huddersfield.

In the last two games, we have gained 6 points on those two clubs, so we are starting to put some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone.

Let’s hope we can go on a good run in the last seven games of the season and then spirits will be sky-high this summer.

That’s when Rafa will try to vastly improve the Newcastle team.

He will likely start off by signing goalkeeper Martin Dubravka for a bargain €4M from Sparta Prague.

And then we want to see Mr. Benitez sign a new long-term deal to stay at Newcastle and make our fans even happier this summer!

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
8Everton38-1449
9Leicester38-447
10Newcastle38-844
11Crystal Palace38-1044
12Bournemouth38-1644
13West Ham38-2042

• Ron Knee

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Ian Wright:

“Even if he went into the Championship, which chairman is going to say I want Alan to come in and keep us in here?”

Wright, who played alongside Pardew at Crystal Palace, added: “He’s a friend and it’s sad to see the way it’s gone but I don’t see a route for him now.”

• Jib

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:26 AM

Jail for Ashley
    That was one Jib, you said more than half.

I said
    “but a lot of the stuff on that list is fair
    comment imo.”

It’s like being in a Monty Python sketch with Jail

We are Graham Chapman and John Cleese.

I argue and debate – Jail just contradicts all the time

The sad thing is a lot of posters will empathise with
    what I just said , and , Jail won’t have a footing clue
    what I’m on about.

• G

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Ron Knee, Wright is just saying what most people are thinking there. I mentioned yesterday that I think he will disappear into obscurity now.

• ronaldo aarons

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:31 AM

NUFC 360
    @NUFC360
    “CIES Football Observatory” have looked at all PL fullbacks in April & rated them up to an average score of 100. The scores are worked out according to the technical performance of players in each game. @yedlinny comes in 8th & @PaulDummett 6th in the rating. Well deserved! #NUFC

This was a mistake btw, not April but march games. So Liverpool, Southampton and Huddersfield.

• Ron Knee

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:31 AM

Man: (Michael Palin) Ah. I’d like to have an argument, please.

Receptionist: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

Man: No, this is my first time.

Receptionist: I see. Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

Man: Well, what would be the cost?

Receptionist: Well, It’s one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Man: Well, I think it’s probably best if I start with the one and then see how it goes from there, okay?

Receptionist: Fine. I’ll see who’s free at the moment.

• Jib

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Ron
    I think WBA had resigned themselves
    to the Champo and appointed Pardew
    for that situation but Carver’s contretemps
    with fans at the weekend was a camel
    back breaking straw.

• Ron Knee

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:36 AM

G

You think it’s a case of:

“Old soldiers never die, they simply fade away.”!!!

• Jib

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Ron
    I bet you’d enjoy fading away in Nouvelle-Aquitaine
    with €15 million in the bank.
    😛

• Ron Knee

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM

Jib

As long as it was euros and not pounds!

• Rotonda heights

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM

People still point out Pardew’s one good season with us against over 20 years of a managerial career of total mediocrity.

That one season the stars aligned, we got more reffing decisions than is normally ever the case with us, Ba and Cisse were scoring worldies every week, poor Ryan Taylor got injured and Pardew finally selected HBA in his place and we stumbled on a 433. For some inexplicable reason AP dumped it and the rest is history.

It’s a bit like Nile Ranger. Some other poor misinformed chairman will say well he had a good season at NUFC once and the gravy train rides again! Pardew, Lambert, Hughes, Moyes, all Brit managers in the bottom 5/6.

• G

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:01 AM

Ron Knee, as an old soldier myself I would hope that’s true. In his case, I think his relative success at Reading, and flukey 5th with CH’s team, being the only bright spots in a poor overall record I just cant see anybody else in their right mind hiring the man.

• Ron Knee

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM

G

I think WBA were hoping for the new manager effect – which P45 generally delivers – but it didn’t come to pass.

• lochinvar

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:56 AM

Papers still harping in about Lascalles being a target for Chelski.

New owners of NUFC have to make a statement of intent when they assume responsibility of the Crown Jewels.

Lascalles is going nowhere.
    Shelvey is going nowhere
    Merino is going nowhere.
    Dummett is going nowhere.
    Etc etc etc

“This is our ambition…we will not sell our top players, we will add to the squad and challenge at the top of the Premiership, expand the stadium, build a new state of the art training complex and attract a global fan base” .

• G

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:30 PM

If anybody thinks Pardew deserves any kind of sympathy, then have a read of this:

I would say everything said in the article is fair.

• lochinvar

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM

RonKnee@5
    I completely disagree with you
    What do you have to say about that then ?

( smileyfaceemojithingy )

• DubaiMicky

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Top find that “G”.

I was married to a mad baggies fan, as were all her family, they were decent hard working working class people – I had a lot of empathy with them, as usual it’s the bosses who take the piss – I wonder how much the ex directors took out of the club?

• c-dog

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:23 PM

On Merino, I think he’d be mad to leave provided Rafa is still the manager. He barely got a game with Dortmund and he’s been brought into the Newcastle fold at the highest level and got some quality experience. Is he good enough to start in the Premier League every week? Probably not. Will he be in the next couple of years after being guided by Rafa? Absolutely yes.

• Jib

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:38 PM

G
    Reading that article and especially the comments after,
    WBA’s plight really does sound similar to the Mackem’s.

Like most things in life the blame for their troubles is
    not attributable one factor.

Pardew take the majority of the blame but some of the players
    sound a right shower.

• lesh

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:42 PM

C-dog

The likelihood of players like Lascelles, Merino et al becoming unsettled depends wholly upon the direction the club seems to be going. Keeping them requires Ashley to be receptive to decent offers and not being greedy along with a willingness to conduct and complete negotiations quickly this allowing Rafa to do what he needs to do.

As ever, the future development of Newcastle United depends wholly on Ashley who can either make it or break it and we must hope that if PCP for example are genuinely interested, they too need to be willing to be realistic about the nature of the current owner – he gives not a twopenny toss about the club, its employees, players and fans.

Let’s hope that Ashley thinks beyond his bulging wallet.