Can Rafa Make It Three Wins In A Row At Leicester City?

When we won on Saturday 1-0 at St. James’ Park to Huddersfield Town that was three home wins in a row without conceding a goal and two successive wins.

That was only the second time this season that we have had two wins in a row.

Back in late August, we beat West Ham 3-0 at home, Swansea 1-0 away and Stoke 2-1 at home to register three successive wins – and we were flying.

We can match that win streak on Saturday, but it will be a tough game at Leicester  City.

Claude Puel – Leicester City manager

Newcastle are 12th in the league table with 35 points, and Leicester are 8th with 43 points – both having played 31 games.

It’s a good test for the lads and if we can get something out of this game – even a draw – it will be a decent result.

Rafa, of course, will be looking for another win.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:55 AM

I’m of the “a point would be tremendous” set
    of fans.

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Repost;

The worst case scenario would be Lascelles is sold for £40m against Rafa’s wishes, Rafa then decides he’s had enough of the fat lying cu*t Ashley and walks. Half of that money is reivested into the squad and we get another donkey as a manager to fill in the blanks.

Knowing Newcastle United and Ashley this is a very real and frightening possiblity. Let’s hope and pray it does not happen and Rafa stays and Ashley sells and we can all have one hell of a party.

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:04 AM

I think we can win against Leicester. We are in red hot form and Leicester aren’t playing that well tbh. They were rather fortunate against us last time.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:06 AM

JP,
    They’re sixth in the form table, we’re seventh mind.

• Munster Mag

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Jail , you call me a buffoon? That’s hilarious. The blog Ayatollah has sense of humour. Go back to talking about hating Ashley, your whole life meaning.

• Munster Mag

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Magscar, cheers for your opinion yesterday. Reason and debate doesn’t make sense in Jail’s black and white world. I remember that Grimsby game but not the crush so maybe I got lucky with timing or had consumed too much.

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Jail- I think we’re currently better than them in this form tbh. They aren’t the team they used to be without Kante and Brighton gave them a run for their money last game. Think we can nick a win by the odd goal. That would surely gurantee safety as I don’t see any of the bottom 3 catching us then. What worries me though is complacency, we can’t afford it not now.

• Munster Mag

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:17 AM

This will be a great test of where we are at performance wise and tactically . Leicester handed us our arse in the home game but rafa has improved us hugely since then as have the players themselves and the new loanees. I like what Puel has done there and envy their pace but we are getting there. A few speedsters in the summer who are happy to work defensively as well will be great for us.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Yes Munster, a buffoon, wading in to me after twelve pints of Guinness for something I never even said.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM

JP,
    That was another one that Scouser accused me of being deluded, when I said we were a bigger club than Leicester.

• Munster Mag

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM

Jp I wud happily take a draw but think we are safe. I reckon we can get a decent points total in the remaining games. Beating arsenal with lascelles and slimani terrorising their centre halves would be sweet.

• Munster Mag

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Jail you’re stereotyping again. And you give out to jib for same? Fwiw no booze last night due to hosp appt today. Fingers crossed etc .

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:27 AM

Can all the childish fighting on the blog stop ffs!? Most of us are grown men, let’s act like it.

This blog is getting ruined by the constant he said she said shite. Everyday it happens and some articles are littered with it. It really is tiresome ans so annoying. I bet many more posters would comment if proper ‘football’ arguments were happening on the blog. So please guys make up already, the season is nearly over and Rafa has us all but safe already. We should be happy not quarrelling over nonsense.

• JP...from The Rock

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:35 AM

Munster- yeah I would love that. Lascelles has really shown what an excellent player he is and for me is one of the best CBs we’ve had. Still young and already this good. Best trait he has is his profesionalism and leadership quality. A natural born leader that is always improving, we should do our upmost to keep at the club. It’s a pity Slimani can’t play in our next game but I reckon he’ll score against The Gunners.

• tommotoon

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Would love to see Slimani end up as our top scorer after all it wouldn’t take much would it!

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:30 PM

I’m an ancient pedantic old bugger and I like seeing English grammar treated with respect, so it’s good to see posters on here haven’t resorted to “would of” “could of” and “should of” crap. It’s “would have” etc.
    Anyways, here’s a joke,
    Three men, a Geordie, a Mackem and a Pakistani, are gathered in their local maternity ward waiting room, to collect their new-born sons.
    Their joyous mood is shattered by the appearance of the department head who informs them that there has been an administrative mix-up, and he can no longer say, with any certainty, whose son is whose!!
    For expedience, the three men agree to sort it out between themselves and the Geordie goes into the nursery first, as is his right, (according to strict alphabetical order of course), and emerges a moment later, with what is quite clearly, the Pakistani child.
    The Pakistani gentleman says as much and the Geordie replies “Well I’m sorry mate, but one of those two in there is a Mackem, and I’m not taking any chances”!