Alan Shearer Celebrates Newcastle’sThird Win On The Trot

Our lads did it once again this afternoon and for the second time this season we have won three games in a row and only a late goal by Jamie Vardy prevented us from having another clean sheet.

An 18th minute goal from Shelvey and then another one by Ayoze Perez after 75 minutes had us 2-0 up before Vardy scored.

Both Newcastle goals were superb, but Rafa will be disappointed we conceded a goal – the first time since we played at Anfield.

:).

That’s now 13 points from our last six games and we are on a great run of form – and we are in 10th place now only 3 points behind Everton with a game in hand.

Rafa Benitez – Rafa Benitez – Rafa Benitez – Rafa Benitez – Rafa Benitez.

That’s now 19 points from this year’s 11 games.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM

It has to be linekar and shearer on more tonight!!!

• Pottsclock

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Today we got the tactics spot on and simply wanted it more. Top half of the table – fantastic.
    Our best player – Simpson

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Tenth though… I predicted 9th with 53 points this season, no way for 53 points but 9th is defo on!

• bettyswallocks

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Thanks for the great stream Ronaldo Aarons. A great commited performance from the lads again. What we lack in skill we make up for in endeavour. This is a real United team now.

• RolandoOverhead

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM

Moment of the season = Kenedy’s elastico <3

• Mag :P

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM

I don’t think I have appreciated a Newcastle team in my lifetime as much as this one.

It feels like the last 10 years have been robbed now that I know what could have been. Yeah, some players are poor, but they work so harder the cause and that’s all I want in players.

Now imagine that takeover happens…

• bettyswallocks

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Jesper…….. Did you watch it?

• Ben Afri

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Brilliant win and heroic performances from everyone on the pitch! My man of the match though is hard. Dummet, Shelvey, Kenedy and Lascelles all deserve mentions, but all round great team work!

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:16 PM

Yeah, those of us that predicted top half of the table have been called some unsavoury names on this blog, with our our mental capacity also called into question. I am sure those folks that slandered the people predicting top half will be along shortly to make an admission… (In their own time)

• Bambams

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:16 PM

I hoped we could sneak a one nil but when we went 2-0 up I just felt ‘proud to be a Geordie’

That’s us safe, I thought we were already but Europe anyone

BIG SMILEY FACE

• Ben Afri

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:16 PM

I think I predicted 9th position on 59 points and Mitrovic as our top scorer on 11.

• Dennis Twice

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:17 PM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• hibbit

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:18 PM

a great well deserved win and 3 beautiful points …………this season just gets better and better

• DaveD1000

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:20 PM

Big Al will be grinning like that e-fit burglar on MOTD

• bettyswallocks

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM

I have to admit Jesper I haven’t been Perez’s biggest fan and wasnt today up until he scored but that goal could prove to be priceless so well done to him.

• Goofy

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM

Thee Lob the keeper challenge, Newxastle 2 Smeichel 0 😀
    Great win, we hounded them for 90 mins, Perez’s finish was a peach, now we’re on the dizzy heights of 10th HWTL

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM

Three points behind Everton and Everton still have to visit St. James’. How sweet would it be to finish above Everton this season. Surely finishing above an expensive Everton squad would attract Staveley back.

• DubaiMicky

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Ancient C, We both thought 8-12th, I think I was more positive than you 😉

We played the foxes off the pitch, they started with 5 players that got them out of the championship (and then won the EPL), we started with 7.

So, next year we win the League eh?

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Actually scratch that, the Everton fixture is away on the 23/04.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Mag P

The only really good appointment Ash has ever made was Rafa. Finally after McCardew you see what can be acheved with a proper coach / manager in charge.

It’s funny how the supposedly ”know better than Rafa” merchants like catchy, the the over rated Frenchman, bladey and kimbo etc have virtually disappeared now. Even Munster is giving Rafa some credit. Maybe today it won’t be attached with any buts. . . ., but just well played Rafa.

• Jib

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM

AncientC

Why look for an argument when we’ve
    just won a brilliant 3 points
    So appropriate that you have the racist
    IRA supporting Russian spy as your avatar

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:24 PM

Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but top 8 should definitely be the aim for next season. It feels like summer already with the aim being staying up this season. It’s all fun from here on out.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:25 PM

i wonder where we might have been without the whole fake takeover saga which proved to be a massive distraction and as soon as it broke down we seemed to get back on track.

• RolandoOverhead

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Lots of endeavour today by Gayle, but once again no end product.
    Can see Slimani starting against Arsenal tbh and I hope he does.
    He has a lot to prove which could turn out to be of huge benefit given that we’re playing at home and it should be quite relaxed and open game.

• A Pain in the Blog

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Brilliant result. Well played lads! And the other results have all gone in our favour yet again. Ten points clear of the relegation zone and above Bournemouth and Watford in the table. No reason why we can’t catch Everton too.

Rafa must surely get MoS now.

• G

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Perez goal against Schemichel almost as sweet as Albert’s against his dad. Dummy mom for me. Special mention to Diame for managing to kick Vardy in both of the swingers.

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Get an early start today, Jib? Oh well, you’re in Spain, so why not. At least you are not taking it out on the Mrs when you are ranting about racism for some unknown reason.

• geordiesteve520

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:26 PM

2 Great goals but this video sums us up like nothing else https://flixtc.com/w/2ki58LY

• Pottsclock

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:27 PM

Perez’s performance this week was very similar to last week. Lot’s of effort chasing the ball down. Frustrating moments where we hoped for better control or a better pass. And then…
    WHAM…the killer goal that makes the difference !!

• Munster Mag

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Rotunda I stand by some of my early criticism of rafa but that’s irrelevant now. He’s top notch but He’s just such a decent man it’s wonderful to have him. Another virtual pint for you tonite from me rotunda

• Mag :P

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM

It’s crazy that we have only lost to man city (2 times) and Liverpool away this year.

We just don’t lose. It makes a massive difference because even after we conceded that sloppy goal I didn’t think for a second that Leicester would get the equaliser.

Absolutely solid with an attacking threat. It took him some time but Rafa has found an awesome lineup that really makes us a force to be reckoned with. It honestly feels like we can give ANYONE a game. Bring them on!

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Jib, I don’t remember ever having to apologise to the blog for making racist remarks, unlike you that is. Well, that is when you are not mocking children with disabilities.

I would have quit the blog and started again with a new name if I had embarrassed myself like that. Then again, you have already attempted that one, haven’t you, Jib. lol.

• Bobbybee

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Anybody got one of those industrial cleaners? About the only thing that might wipe this massive smile off my face!! 🙂 If we weren’t already safe, we are now. Won’t need forty points this season, but the more the merrier. I predicted 15th and could not be happier being wrong. 🙂 My 45 points is possible though, although frankly my dear, I couldn’t give a damn. 🙂 Top ten, when only a few weeks ago the doom gloom erstwhile had us favourites for relegation. Not just on here either, the so called ‘experts’.
    What a day. Pure unadulterated magic from the master tactician.
    Come on someone, please buy the knacker out because a show of ambition of any sort could see us fighting for a EL spot next season.
    HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!! 🙂

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Didn’t see the game or get reception up in the Cheviots
    Got results goals by updates
    Get on the BLOODY net
    And other results went for us again

Time for a party next week against the Arsnil

• ronaldo aarons

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM

Great result and fully deserved, no arguing about that. Only bad mark is the goal conceded, I imagine that will irritate Benitez too lol. It does me but I was always a defender.

Anyway, Perez with yet another winning goal. That’s his 3rd/4th winning goal this season. Huge player. Yes he could improve as could all of our players but why focus on negatives when you can see what he offers instead.

• AncientC

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM

I had Perez for top scorer this season… looking good so far…

Still, that’s a sure sign the club need a more prolific forward, the number 10 shouldn’t be top scorer by right.

• Dondatta13

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM

Delighted with the win today…

However, Swansea unable to beat a rock bottom WBA cost me 56k…

Cashed out for £302 in the 92nd minute

Ffs

• Toon_Fresh

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:33 PM

FlixTC – https://flixtc.com/w/2ki58LY

Sums up newcastle the last 6 games. Pep > Dyche > Rafa

• c-dog

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Rafa genius. Dubravka has been class. Perez clearly man of the match today. And Shelvey phenomenal again.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Jib

You always do it, raking up comments from during the match after the FT whistle to try and enrage fellow fans and make them look silly, even though comments made are done so as part of the match experience and not a cool analysis. Biggest hypocrite and shit stirrer on here.