Rafa On His Young Team – We’re Learning Little Things That Make A Big Difference

The Newcastle team and many of the Newcastle players seemed to have improved as this season has gone on.

It’s indeed been an up and down season and after 9 games played we had 14 points.

At the end of the year after 21 games played we had 19 points.

And this year we have played another 11 games for 19 points (5 wins 4 draws 2 defeats), so this is the best spell we have had all season.

Rafa Benitez – thumbs up to fans after the game yesterday

Even if Newcastle don’t sign anybody in the summer and we can keep our three loan players – Dubravka, Kenedy, and Slimani – we should do a lot better next season than this.

But Rafa will want to strengthen the side further so Newcastle will be challenging in the top half of the table next season – enough of this relegations stuff.

This is what Rafa has said about his young team as reported in Chronicle Live today:

“We had some games where we deserved something more.” “But I have said sometimes before that this is a young team.”

“It is a team of young players from the Championship, some of them without an experience of the Premier League so it was a learning process.”

“Little by little we are learning little things.” “It’s those little details that can make a big difference.”

“We have said before that we could have won against Bournemouth when we had a chance to score the third goal and finished the game, but didn’t do it and drew.”

“So it’s these little details that can make the difference in any division but especially in the Premier League.”

“We’re learning a bit more now.” “I was pleased with every player and also the fans.”

“There is a really good connection between everyone at the moment.”

The support by the away fans was again first class yesterday, and they sang their hearts out – especially near the end of the game.

Next up will be Arsenal a week today at St. James’ Park and it’s all set up so that if we can win the game, we will be safe in the Premier League.

That will be the sole aim of this next game.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• G

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:47 PM

RP. If any of the guys want too pass on takeover gossip, then I am more than happy to read it. I know it has a very small chance of being true, a little like the transfer gossip pages, however, I still enjoy reading them too.

• jazzyp

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Lesh

Pushed a straight 100 down here cleavage to push her over the 300 million barrier to get the Fat controller out once and for all.
    Her boobs were that saggy tho she had to keep tucking em into her socks as she danced away.

Scared me for life it has lol

• lesh

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:53 PM

jazzyp

Lol,

I’ve heard such mammaries likened to a roofer’s nail bag.

Enough of this,

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:59 PM

woah – Lesh – that is rather unlike you referring to the lady’s bosom with such industrial language.

• Bambams

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:04 PM

If I hear anything I will quickly pick up my trusty mobile and spread the LOVE

…..probably

(Back to work now, enjoy)

• beermonkey

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM

everything that was said about the take over seemed to all add up with what was in the press
    the problem was because we wanted all so bad that when it was called off it was really disappointing

keep the info coming I say on anything

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Just a bit of weirdness chaps, but just before Christmas when we were in pretty dire straits, I created a bind rune that I burnt onto a slice of Ash wood and posted it to Rafa.

It probably reached him just before the ManC game which was when our fortunes turned and have continued since.

Not claiming that it’s the reason for our good run since but I’d like to think it has helped a bit.

Don’t know if he kept it or if he chucked it in the bin as a bit of nonsense but the fact it has been in St James Park should be giving a positive affect.

Make whatever anyone wants of that.

I’d be happy to explain more if anyone is interested.

• Bobbybee

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Whilst I was busy chattering on the previous page, Ed moved on. 🙂 If you can be bothered, it’s there.
    Bit of an explosive end to the Arsenal game, with two red cards out of nowhere!
    Wonder if Gayle had thrown himself to the ground yesterday and rolled around, McGuire would’ve got a justifiable red card? Glad he didn’t like, I don’t like to see from anybody, but like a penalty, it seems that unless you do go down like you’ve been shot, referees will always opt for the easy way out.
    I think if refs want to help stop the amateur dramatics, then they need to apply the rules correctly, regardless of how the injured party behaves.
    Contact above the neck is a red card by the letter of the law. No doubt in my mind – right or wrong – that if Gayle had gone down, it would’ve been red. As Jonjo said in his interview, had it been him he would’ve been sent off. Just as if a player is tripped, or kicked and he tries to stay on his feet, then should there be no advantage, it should, be a penalty/free kick. As long as refs don’t give these decisions, the simulation and exaggeration will continue to spoil our game.

• widowmagandapoke

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM

Bobby bee 8
    I suspect Gayle’s outrageous and consistent holding on was a factor in the yellow rather than red.