With Every Win And Performance Like Yesterday – New Potential Buyers Attracted To Newcastle

Newcastle have looked a good side in the last few months, and since the turn of the year, we have 19 points from our 11 league games and 13 points (4 wins and a draw) in our last four games.

In the game at the King Power Stadium yesterday Newcastle took a stranglehold on the game from the first whistle.

Our only one real letdown was a poorly conceded goal with 6 minutes to play as we won that game 2-1.

The score didn’t reflect the dominance of Newcastle just like it didn’t last week when we beat Huddersfield 1-0 at home, but the wins and all 3 points are the most important thing of course.

Rafa Benitez – applauding the fans yesterday

The goal was Leicester City’s only shot on target in the game which Newcastle basically dominated.

The commentators for the NBC Sports Network were a little shocked at how good Newcastle were yesterday, and they seemed to have made up their minds before the kickoff that the Foxes would win this game.

But it didn’t turn out like that, and we have now won three games in a row for the second time this season and have moved into the top half of the table at number 10.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
8Everton38-1449
9Leicester38-447
10Newcastle38-844
11Crystal Palace38-1044
12Bournemouth38-1644
13West Ham38-2042

We were the only club to move up the league yesterday as we overtook both Bournemouth and Watford.

Performances like this will only attract new potential buyers to the club, and the takeover business could start up again soon – once Newcastle hit 40 points.

Maybe we can exceed 40 points at home next Sunday when we play Arsenal who we haven’t beaten for some time.

Given that we have spent just less than £20M net on new players for the season and brought in three loan players in January the performance of the team this year has been astounding.

If Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Partners Group are really interested in buying Newcastle, we would expect a new bid coming in soon, and there may be other new potential buyers interested in taking over this Rafa Benitez led club.

Rafa is helping Mike Ashley out big time this year by moving the club up the league table and playing attractive football which can only increase the selling price.

If Mike Ashley really wants to sell, he should take the first reasonable offer he gets that covers the money he has invested in the club over the last eleven years.

Potential new owners can also tie Rafa down to a new and improved long-term deal to keep him at Newcastle.

Things are starting to look up at Newcastle.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Dennis Twice

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:28 AM

If only Ashley could find a UEFA elite manager to give an eight year deal to and shaft year after year, he’d have it sussed.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:30 AM

Already the tabloid stories about Staveley talks being back on are abound.

What a dream it would be to get this confirmed and completed by season’s end. If we can believe that most of the groundwork was done before Christmas, surely this is possible.

I sense we are so close to a new era, it will be devastating if it doesn’t happen and Rafa decides he has taken us as far as he can under Ashley (presuming we were to finish mid table).

• cornishman

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM

After yesterday today is a great day to wake up a Toon supporter. The sun is shinning and a sense of relief…..I know a little early ……but yes relief. Mmmmmm

• Bambams

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM

Veltman

I am not sure if you were having a go at me in previous thread. I merely saw a link on Twitter about an article in the Mirror newspaper about a new takeover. I shared it !

Never once have I stated I was an ITK and in the past I have made this clear. I have shared what others have told me.

I am grateful to Jib who obviously knows his scribes better than I do and reported it is likely a false report.

If I have grabbed the wrong end of the stick and it was not a pop at me, accept my apologies.

• DaveD1000

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:35 AM

Looking into the old ~Mystic Meg crystal ball, several “mysterious bidders” will appear, Amanda will buy some new shoes and we will be linked with every 40 mill rated striker until Aug9

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:38 AM

Then again the Spanish press are reporting today that Rafa will sign for Sociedad in the summer. Can’t see that happening but if he has inside information and feels a takeover isn’t going to happen, who knows. Looks increasingly like he will not tolerate working under Ashley beyond the summer.

• martoon

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Still buzzing after yesterday’s win – really didn’t expect it but pleased to be proved wrong.
    On the takeover I could believe talks have started again now we’re safe BUT I can’t believe £300m – surely Ashley will want his money back at the very least which I think is about £330m?

• Vask

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM

What I particularly liked about yesterday (elastico aside) was that we seemed to get that luck that has eluded us for years. I take this as evidence that luck has nowt to do with football. The drive and attitude that our players are exuding influences the atmosphere of the game (not necessarily stadium atmosphere alone) and the perceptiins of people watching (including officials) and makes decisions go our way such as the so called pelanty.
    The deflection for Shelvey’s goal sounded more wikd on the radio but just seemed like a knick on motd. Incidently, if it had have deflected wide would we have had our own penalty? It definitely looked like it was intentional as well.

• Moonraker15

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Gplf @7
    What are these signs that Rafa is leaving? We all know he wants to stay in UK for family reasons and he has been making noises that it’s not always big transfer fees that make the difference.
    I believe he would stay under Ashley if he was given a decent wedge to spend in the summer!