Newcastle 2 Arsenal 1 – Video Highlights

For those of you around the world who may have missed Newcastle’s magnificent 2-1 win at home to Arsenal this afternoon here are the video highlights.

We looked a really good team this afternoon and Rafa Benitez has proven what a fantastic football coach he is – there’s no way he will be leaving Newcastle now.

This was our first win against Arsenal since November 2010 when we hammered them 1-0 at the Emirates.

Ayoze Perez – after scoring superb equalizer after 29 minutes

Newcastle 2 Arsenal 1 – Video Highlights

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• c-dog

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Rafa is a genius. Perez sensational again. Shelvey performing at some level.

• Tsunki

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:01 PM

You have to be proud of this team yeah Rafa’s drilled them but essentially what came out of the champo and was populated by essentially struggling pl players have worked their backs off to deservedly rest amongst the elite. A top job by all concerned. Any decent owner would recognise the skill involved and would back the man.

• Jib

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM

I put Ritchie even though Ed missed out his “t”

• Pottsclock

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Sturridge on the bench for WBA lol. That was a bullet that we dodged well. The last think we needed was an overpaid, limping has-been to help us survive relegation. I wonder how much WBA have paid for him.

• Tsunki

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Ok 40 points done – 8th now?

• martoon

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM

On way home – what a brilliant game. I was most impressed with the crowd – they gave great support and never got on the players backs even when we were 1 0 down.

• DubaiMicky

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:08 PM

Thing is Tsunki, Rafa has certain players a few notches up than they ever were, so if they leave they’ll know they’ll drop back without the coaching skills of Rafa and his team.

Surely no-one will want to leave?

• jane

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:17 PM

West Brom looking good.

• Bambams

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:17 PM

The team are playing very well, not the most fluent of football but they all appear to know exactly what is expected from them.

Rafa has obviously got his ideas of how we should play across to the players.

Kenedy is a player I would love to keep but I also think Lejeune has shown why Rafa wanted him.

The two CB’S have been unbelievable this year. I hear on current form in 2018 we would be 5th in the league – I don’t want this season to end.

• lesh

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Missed Ed’s bus pulling out

Even Catchy’s pal’s on the case.

Donald Trump tweeted:

‘A perfectly executed strike today. Thank you to Rafa, and the Toon Army for their wisdom and support for the power of their fine players. Could not have had a better result. Mission accomplished!’

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Eds bus is rattling along I’ve missed 3 of them, has he stopped now?

First post match chance I’ve had to get on blog as my son and grandaughter have just invited themselves over for tea so all hands to the pumps to do something for them. 🙂

MOM for me Perez, brilliant goal and a great assist.

We won despite the ref given 70% at least decisions in their favour as I mentioned earlier and which others have mentioned since.

And is it just me but did all of the loose balls and rebounds always go to an Arsenal player and don’t anyone say it’s down to harder work cos we easily outworked them.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Good job I didn’t have a cup of coffee in my hand for either goal!!! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:40 PM

Have I killed the blog?

• Jib

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:49 PM

Essex Geordie Bill
    the blog is quiet
    because
    you said

” don’t anyone say it’s down to harder work ”

We are all scared you might chin us