He’s Our Man Of The Match – Give Him A New Contract

We cannot quite believe how well Mo Diame has been playing for Newcastle this year.

But Mohamed has shown his strong character by getting super fit using a personal trainer, and he has been outstanding as Newcastle’s holding midfielder, and he’s also shown tremendous skills.

It’s not many players who can chip a ball over a player and trap it nicely when it comes down before spraying the ball out to the wing.

But we’ve seen Mo this year do that more than once.

What a show-off.

🙂

Mo Diame – another great game yesterday – worked his socks off

The former Senegal International continued to play well yesterday alongside his central midfield partner Jonjo Shelvey.

Mo is our Man of the Match with 46% of the vote followed by Jonjo with 22%.

Both midfielders have been working well together, and it’s just one reason why Newcastle have been playing so well recently, and in fact since the turn of the year.

Ayoze Perez scored his third goal in as many games – this time a beautiful, instinctive chip past the goalkeeper from an accurate cross from Yedlin.

Ayoze is now top scorer with 6 goals this season and ended up third in our poll with 18%.

Diame’s deal runs out next year, but surely Rafa will offer him a new deal in the summer – we can see Mo playing well for Newcastle for a few years yet – and he’s still only 30 years-old with massive experience in the Premier League.

It’s interesting Rafa has our two most experienced Premier League players in the engine room of the Newcastle side that continues to play very well in each game.

We should be on our way once Rafa is signed up to a long-term deal to stay on Tyneside.

Over the summer – hopefully.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bambams

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:26 PM

It’s interesting since our excellent run and the fact we are now safe…..

Nothing from our illustrious ‘Owner’

• Online Guy

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:32 PM

Arsenal’s team yesterday was topical in that the full back was Holding the forwards Willock.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Beefman,
    He deserves credit ha ha, despite him trying his hardest to turn us in to 5unde1and he deserves credit for not quite managing it dear me, the mind boggles.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Aye Stan, what’s that Olly, you got to give the man credit for not ruining us.
    🙄

• JackBall

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM

Missed the bus, so sorry for the repost below. Also wanted to add that I watched the last Everton game, and am convinced we will win that one, so top 10 is such a legitimate goal now, that I am scared the crazies will come back again and say the season is disappointing because we should have always been a top 10 team.

At the beginning of the season, I was in the Bobby camp. All I wanted was safety this season, for I was confident that we would be able to approve a bit each of the next few seasons to be easily top 10 with Rafa at the helm. (Have to admit that the greedy in me now wants top 10, so I will continue to live and die every point.) I liked our team when we won the Championship (and wouldn’t trade the effort for anything), but was convinced we needed at least two players who would be no doubt starters. When we didn’t get them, I was scared it could be along season. In January, we picked up three loanees and two are everyday starters, fitting into the Rafa/team work ethic, and we have looked since then certain for safety. Maybe I’m too sentimental for this business, but I do not want to see huge turnover next season. The “problem” is we will again need 2 new players who should be regular starters, but, as many have said, that is on top of keeping the two new starters we just got, (not including Slimani, who looked full of potential yesterday) totaling an outlay of 4 players, averaging probably over 10 mil. That really shouldn’t be a “problem,” but we all know that it may be. If we do finish top 10, the slow build just got a lot faster, “maybe” showing how good Rafa is at getting a full team to work together.

• lesh

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Dubai

Thanks for coming back about the £280m. It makes sense though I guess I was thinking in a different language to you when I queried it. 😉

• beefman13

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:52 PM

We are far from ruined, folk might say he has tried his best eh? We are not though, he’s been frugal, maybe it needed that after our wasteful years spending, well it’s all after the Lord mayor’s show now isn’t it, anyways, it looks like our new Mesiah was brought in by the Devil, funny old game isn’t it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Jib

Aye I’d like to see a Stoke win as well.

Apparently AC might be in the team tonight.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:55 PM

NUFC forever, I wouldn’t write Barlaser off just yet mate. Loan deals are a funny thing. The manager knows he only has a loanie for a short time and they tend to try to keep their own players happy ahead of disruption in the camp. It’s weak management, but it happens all the time and to an extent it’s understandable, it’s just not helpful.
    You find a manager will play a loanie out of position if he has to make a choice between them and a permanent player.
    So on that, I think Barlaser shouldn’t be written off yet, simply from what I’ve seen of him myself. He didn’t look out of place in the cup games he played and he looked pretty good the other night for the U21’s.
    I imagine he’ll go back out on loan next season. They go on loan just for experience of proper professional competition and he was brought back because he wasn’t getting there, not necessarily because he wasn’t good enough. I think it’s a case of watch this space.

• lesh

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:55 PM

West Lancs referred to Ashley’s lack of communication and/ or clarity thereof as being problematic. Of course it is and you can see why Rafa gets up tight when he’s thought he’d be working on the basis of whatever only to find out he’s not and things have changed – without any indication or satisfactory explanation.

Ashley seems to run businesses by the seat of his pants and changing things without giving his employees such as Rafa, the courtesy of a conversation to aid understanding.

• Jib

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:58 PM

Jail
    Spends a lot of time with his mind
    boggling (I wonder if it hurts)

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:04 PM

Ant Partland fined 86k for drink driving. 🙂 That should make him think twice in the future – must be a whole fortnight’s wages!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:06 PM

I’d like to see Jail give us some more floral input, all of the Ashley chatter is making my brain ache.

• posada

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:06 PM

I found last season very stressful. I was sure we had one chance to get straight back up or spend several years in the Championship. It was not settled until late on.
    This season I have felt the same way about relegation. A bit less stressful, but once again it was like the whole future of the club was at stake.
    When you look at the financial numbers I think I was right in that belief.

We will make 120M from TV Money this year. Assured of the same next.
    Even if we went down at the end of next season, less likely I hope, we would get parachute payments of 35M, 35M and 14M.
    That’s revenue we could have missed out on of about 325M.

Yeh, being in the Prem means you are obliged to spend much of it I know.
    Rafa has certainly earned his wage. We have to get this summer right at every level.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:07 PM

Bobby according to the BBC news it is 2/3s of his weekly wage.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:08 PM

Jib, I use that expression myself a fair bit. You don’t think… no, I’m pretty sure we’re not the same person before the multiples accusations start.
    Then again, if I truly was a schizophrenic I wouldn’t know, would I? Or would we… Confused? You will be – I am! 🙂

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:10 PM

Bill, is it mate? How does he manage on those slave wages? He needs a rise… to a great height… then let the public vote! He likes those kind of games I do believe.

• Jib

You are so pedantic. 🙂

• Jib

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:17 PM

closely followed by Seinfeld and Gary Shandling

• DubaiMicky

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:21 PM

People talking about Ashley not making a statement.

Haven’t heard anything from Shk Mansour about his team winning the league.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:21 PM

Really looking forward to this game tonight myself. Imagine the scenes if Stoke win?
    Pundits were slagging our fan base for not demanding Rafa’s head when we went on that really poor run, yet slagged us off for demanding Pardew’s head when he took us on a bad run.
    All that shows imo is that our footballing nous is far superior to those who get paid stupid money for their opinions. We were right on both occasions, as facts have shown to be the case.
    Just as we were favourites to get relegated because we hadn’t invested enough, now they’re saying we should’ve done better!! 🙂 What a bunch of dummies.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:22 PM

Jib, you guessed where I got that from then. It truly was brilliant. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:23 PM

Wengar is bemoaning the fact that they had 70% of the play but came away with no points.

Did he actually watch the match, I’m wondering if he had eyeballs painted onto his eyelids so that no one could see he was sleeping during the game. Must have been worn out from the Moscow trip poor old thing.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:26 PM

My evening meal is ready, then I’ll use my phone to watch the game, so catch ye later chaps. It will be fun watching other teams fighting for their survival without even minor concern about how it effects us. What a pleasant change. Can’t believe I actually want Stoke to win a game. Must be that schizophrenic coming through! 🙂

• Ron Knee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:31 PM

• Pottsclock

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM

Would love to see West Ham dragged back into it. Come on Stoke !!

• Nufc 4ever

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:45 PM

Bobby i take a keeñ interest in youth Barlaser in my opinion doesent have a all round game . For him to come through in the championship remote now in the premier doubly difficult. Just havnt seen anything not like fernandez who has a chance

• JackBall

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:45 PM

It is fun to again be able to root for the lower placed team. But, West Ham still have a game in hand, so probably not going down.

• Geordie-john

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:49 PM

I never thought that I would ever say this about Mo Diame . Well done you deserve man of the match award. Keep it going.

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM

8 o’clock ko. Time for one more.
    NUFC forever, not saying Barlaser will make it matey, just think it’s too early yet to write him off. Fernández I first seen before he joined us, playing for the Spanish U18’s, or U17’s – can’t remember which – but he picked the ball up near his own penalty area and set off, weaving through several England players at high speed, with the, ball looking like it was attached to his boot, so you can imagine how excited I was when we picked him up.
    He’s one I have great hopes for and I believe he’s trained with the first team squad a few times already. Used to go regularly to watch the academy before my back started crumbling, so I rely on NUFC TV to keep up now. 🙁 Please keep us posted on potential, There’s nothing like a first person view on it. Hopefully I might get to some next season if I improve. Fingers crossed.
    KO now, so catch ye later.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM

German Bundeslieg tonight
    Friedberg playing Mainz I think
    Referee blows for half time players go off only for the Ref to bring them back on as they are Using VAR and a incedent came up at the end of the half and awards a penalty

• Munster Mag

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM

Jail much as it irritates you, nufc is now a very solid club financially. If Rafa had arrived a few games sooner we might even have stayed up and we would now be even more solid. Yes we’ve had disasters but his frugality, sky, and our fanbase has resulted in a stable solvent club. That’s why I think he will stay and Rafa won’t give a monkeys, provided he gets his 50 Mill plus revenue from sales us investment in better facilities and lots of u21s being sourced to strengthen ourselves at that level.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Going through our games we could very well have been eleven points better off had we had the three loaders or equivalent from the start. That’s giving us nothing for the Hudders away, Brighton at home etc where it was what it was, I’m talking about Bournemouth at home where we should have been 3-0 up in twenty minutes, Swansea and Burnley at home, anyway eleven is being conservative and we’d be in joint seventh.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:59 PM

Munster,
    How on earth can it irritate me that we are financially stable, most clubs are, you can pick ten from 92 that have gone in to administration over the last twenty years and only about three of them are former PL clubs. Ashleys frugality, stupidity and down right lack of ambition have cost us eleven of the bleakest years known at the club.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Munster,
    If for any unbeknownst reason Ashley decides to call in his 130M debt we wouldn’t be looking very stable at all.

• Jib

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Ashley will probably really sort out the
    finances this Summer
    A repayment plan for his loans
    A spending schedule for Rafa
    We already have a well organised
    wages structure.
    We don’t need megabucks for transfers
    cos Rafa doesn’t do overpriced prima donnas.
    If we get the academy sorted with RB’s huge
    database of prospects the job’s a good’un

• Bobbybee

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Half time. Nothing much to say on it. For a side desperate for the points for survival, the onus should be on Stoke to win this, but you can see why they don’t score over two goals a game often.
    Dunno what went down with Arnoutavic when he left Stoke, but he clearly doesn’t like them and looks like a man on a mission to score against them again. He was the same when they played Soton, who have Hughes as their manager. Whatever it was, he bears a grudge!!
    0-0 and Arnoutavic apart, looks unlikely to change. Can only improve second half.

• Jib

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:06 PM

Stoke are playing the better footy at the mo’