Star Loan Player Positive About Playing For Newcastle

uRobert Kenedy has been in tremendous form for Newcastle this year and he was presented with his award of FUN88 Player of the Month for March before Sunday’s home game against Arsenal.

That was one of the best results of the season for us and we beat the Gunners 2-1 at home for the first time since way back in 2005.

Kenedy played only 7 times in the Premier League for Chelsea over the last two seasons but he has already started 9 successive games for the Magpies with two goals and two assists.

Kenedy – receiving his award last Saturday

He’s a star player for Newcastle and willing to work his socks off in every single game – the fans love him.

The 22-year-old has made a huge impact since joining from Chelsea in January.

This is what Kenedy told NUFC TV:

“Thanks to all the fans who supported me,” “I’m glad to be player of the month.”

“And I’m very happy to be part of the Newcastle team.”

“Thank you!”

He spoke those words in Portuguese on nufcTV smiling all the time.

If he does join Newcastle permanently this summer he will need to take courses to learn English.

And whether Chelsea will let him leave will depend on who the new manager is who will replace Antonio Conte this summer.

Kenedy would be a phenomenal signing for us – if we can get him.

• lochinvar

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Remember the Michael Owen saga then clear your head about Torres.
    Torres wants a year in the sun so the NFL or China on mega bucks is calling.

Put the money into signing Kennedy and Slimani then go forth and find a few more players to beef up the squad for an attack on a higher league position and make some headway in the Cups. The Champions League would be a start.

• RobLeenio

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Who are all those freaks? If we keep introducing him to no-marks like that, it’s no wonder he pretends to not speak English.

• RobLeenio

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:03 AM

Anyone else think there’s something in Kenedy’s posture, a slight stoop perhaps, which could perhaps either point to an underlying medical issue or potentially be a cause of some chronic injury in the future?

• Bobbybee

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Bobbybee

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:03 AM

My grandson lives in Norwich. He’s five this month. It’s time. Away into town shortly to buy him his first Newcastle United strip.
    ?
    How cute are they?
    Took his dad to his first game when he was six. It was in the bad days of an empty ground and shocking football. Seems it put him off for life! He never had any interest in football after that. Can’t win em all I suppose.

• Bobbybee

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM

Rob, er, I think you’ll find that’s his family mate.

• RobLeenio

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Bobby, my Granddad’s first gift to me was a pair of red football boots. He wanted me to be the next Dennis Law, but I still chose to follow the Toon, wanting to be the next Peter Beardsley. Don’t be too upset if your grandson grows up wanting to be the next James Maddison (unless they sell him, of course).

• Bobbybee

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Just winding you up Rob 🙂

• Bobbybee

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM

Ha ha! Now you’re winding me up! 🙂

• Geordie-john

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM

All them freaks are the cooks that you don’t see in China town near the Gallowgate lol Nowt wrong with his posture unless you are from Chelsea and any other team that’s interested in him lol.
    Never mind teaching Kenedy English, Give him some Geordie lessons he will understand it better.

• RobLeenio

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Ha ha Bobby, yep I got that. You made me check again, though lol. I reckon they’re Fun88 competition winners. It can’t hurt for the club’s future commercial success to do these things, grow the brand in key markets etc, but the players can’t enjoy it, surely.

• murvar

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Robleenio – who the f^&* do you think YOU are to call other people freaks. They are people there supporting the Toon and Kenedy. That should be good enough for you. Show more respect.

• murvar

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:19 AM

And the same to you Geordie John.

• TyneMouth

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:19 AM

There is one aspect of Ashley’s business acumen that I’ve never quite understood; he has obviously made an obscene amount of dosh due to a very simple marketing strategy.

He buys insolvent sport goods companies, therefore he owns the brand name and the graphic identity of the brand logo, Slazenger, Dunlop, Lonsdale, Puma etc, etc. He then attaches the brand name and graphics to bargin basement tat, and people fall for it. Money for old rope.

He is, however, a one trick pony, “you can fool some of the people some of the time…”

‘Brand Value’ can be worth a considerable amount of money to a business. It allows a business to add a premium to the retail price of the goods or services it offers. For instance, if Rolls Royce offer a polo shirt to their customers, with the ‘Rolls Royce’ badge on the front, they will be able to charge considerably more than a company like ‘Wonga’, for example.

The may be a possibility that Ashley will not sell NUFC, he may allow Rafa to spend a ‘reasonable’ amount of money, however those insidious ‘Sports Direct’ signs will scar our wonderful stadium.

The top sports clubs in the world attract the top sponsors, Man utd receive £75m from Chevrolet each year. Arsenal’s relationship with the Emerites is very lucrative. An unattractive sponsor has a negative value to the club.

Ashley has made his money because he was very aware of the importance of brand values, it’s just astonishing that by swamping the stadium with SD adverts he has reduced the value of the club, and defacing our iconic strips with the logos of money lenders and off-shore bookmakers shows a distinct lack of class.

Barcelona, until recently, had no commercial shirt sponsor, they had ‘Unesco’ instead, now that’s class.

To successfully sell NUFC certain criteria have to be in place;

A large modern iconic stadium…..’Tick’

A young, improving team…..Tick.

A highly respected and successful Manager….. tick

A balanced set of books……Tick

A large and loyal fanbase….Tick Tick Tick

A well structured and balanced wage structure…Tick

A collection of quality, long term sponsors……?

A state of the art training facilities….?

A potential future of a stable membership of the EPL….?

A realistic longterm plan…?

There are probably more questions, however it begs the most important question that is how did a very successful businessman, with a strategy of brand value manipulation, get it so wrong?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM

Rob, those stats don’t include the season in the Championship, but it’s hard to fault Ashley’s backing of the side last term. We went down with the seventh most expensive squad and wage bill, and Rafa was allowed to reshape essentially unhindered, until he wanted Townsend, when Ashley baulked.

We still largely had an epl squad on epl money in the second tier, and came up as Champions at the first attempt. The spending over the years does indicate Ashley has looked to put assets on the pitch, but it doesn’t absolve him from blame in the manner of the spending or the dodgy appointments.

Now though we have Rafa and money in the coffers. It would be very surprising if Ashley were not to back Rafa, simply because he has been willing to spend in the past when the money has been there, and of course you’d expect Rafa to buy far better than we have in the past. No more lopsided, unbalanced sides.

• lochinvar

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM

My guess is that they’re all students on a tour of SJP and they’re very welcome – as long as they don’t rent flats off Ashley as he’s getting enough money off us already.

• Ben Afri

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Geordie-john

Hahaha, thanks mate!

• RobLeenio

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:29 AM

murvar, fair point – still made me laugh, though. I’ve never seen a guy with such skinny legs as the bloke second left… He looks like someone just farted on his cornflakes.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Jail, yeah buy Dubravka, sell one of Sels or Elliot. Six in six out seems a decent number. I think we are ok at least for next term at right back, with Yedlin, Manqillo and Hayden. I’d prioritize a left back to compete with Dummett over a right back.

I also think Slimani and a reformed Mitro slugging it out to lead the line, with Perez behind, and Gayle and Joselu off the bench is a decent attack for us next term.

I’d like Shaqiri for example on the right, Kenedy on the left. Ritchie and Murphy pushing them, and a top defensive mid to start alongside Shelvey with Mo and Merino to compete with them.

• TyneMouth

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:44 AM

Another added quality that would increase the value of NUFC, is the the management structure of the club.

There is no board of directors, as far as can be seen.

The Chief Executive Officer, the CEO, Lee Harvey Charnley, is the lowest paid CEO in the EPL!

No wonder it takes so long to nail down a transfer.

• Oldgit1

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:49 AM

@ Bobbybee re your grandson, I must be a bad grandad, when my Grandbairn was born his dad, a Mackam, had bought his first baby grower a Sunderland one, knowing his dad was a wrong un which I was proved right, I replaced the Sunderland one with a Newcastle one, burning the Sunderland strip. His dad didn’t stick around and hasn’t seen or visited his son for over 10 years. I can say though that I have spared the bairn from years of misery if I had just stood by and allowed him to be a Sunderland fan. So maybe I’m not such a bad grandad. He goes with me to see Newcastle and when not able, we watch spennymoor. He loves his football, but not as much as I love him.

• Geordie-john

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM

murvar,
    Keep your hair on I’m only answering Ben Afri’s comment. I don’t think it was intended as a personal comment like mine wasn’t. I have many friends in China Town and I eat there all the time and i wouldn’t want anyone spitting in my noodles. Just a joke !

• dig-n-dig22

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:11 PM

Robleno # 3

Most people from Brazil stand like that, it’s called “get ready to duck posture” because bullets fly everywhere,