Kenedy Praises Rafa And Amazing Fans – I Feel Privileged Around Them

Robert Kenedy has been interviewed in the Mail today, and he’s been getting a lot of attention since he came on loan to Newcastle in January and has been a starter ever since.

He has made nine successive starts and has scored two goals and has two assists and been playing very well on the left wing.

Newcastle are flying at the moment with four wins in a row.

Newcastle hope to sign Kenedy permanently this summer, but it’s not a certainty by any means we will be able to do that.

Chelsea may decide to keep him at Stamford Bridge next season, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Great shot of Kenedy and Rafa Benitez – during Southampton win

But the 22-year-old seems to be enjoying things on Tyneside, and this is what he told the Mail today when asked about his future:

“I am enjoying my time at Newcastle, but obviously I have a contract at Chelsea.”

“If something occurs then I will be more than happy, it is a good place for me. I like it.”

“Rafa helps me a lot, every day. But the thing I am most thankful for is that he had belief in me and gave me this chance.”

“I never imagined it would have gone so well.”

“They have amazing fans, they are crazy for the team — fanatical, beautiful,.”

“I feel privileged to be around them.”

Kenedy would be a terrific signing for us, and the fans just love the lad!

How Will Newcastle Fare At Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Kenedy terrace chant:

So the goals you scored, they were precious to me
    All the while I was dreaming of Kenedy
    Dreaming of Kenedy

To the tune of the Kings of Leon ‘Dreaming of Revelry’

• ben.g

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM

Rob do you think we should break our transfer record on Kenedy?

• RobLeenio

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:33 AM

ben.g, absolutely no doubt in my mind about it. If that’s what it takes in today’s market, transfer records are irrelevant

• RobLeenio

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:35 AM

Wenger’s on his bike – cue media frenzy re Rafa to Arsenal and renewed efforts on Ashley’s part to sign Rafa up long term.

This could play into Rafa’s hands big time if he plays his cards right. Increased wages are not necessary for him, he already gets a good wedge. Increased power will be his demand and how can the chubby one refuse?

• ben.g

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:37 AM

Wenger’s sacked?

• one fine day

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:37 AM

“They have amazing fans, they are crazy for the team — fanatical, beautiful,.”

“I feel privileged to be around them.”

Want this on a t shirt
    Sums us up to perfection
    Only when he has left I think will he say we shit on Chelsea 🙂

• lochinvar

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:38 AM

The fans are beautiful

Team blush

• one fine day

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:39 AM

Ben g
    Walked is the official line
    Now watch the odds drop for Rafa as next boss.
    All strengthening his hand over the fat man

• SPRINGY

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM

That news about wenger sends chills down ya back.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Those words are as strong as any ‘come get me’ plea I’ve heard. We do look like the logical next step for him here. Great place to live, big club but not too big that it comes with all the worldwide grief and plastic fans destroying him, also not too big that he is lost on the bench.

He is at the same developmental stage of his career as we are as a club and it’s a good match.

Let’s get negotiating and offer them a fair fee for once. No point messing around at £15 million if it is going to take all summer to then lose him to someone else. We can’t afford to operate like that anymore. Ask Chelsea their value and hit it, providing it is not extortionate, Chelsea generally seem to willing to let players leave if the players are keen for it and don’t hold them to ransom.

I would expect £20 – £25 mill would be enough with himself looking to push it through. Yes a big step for us to break our record but it’s time and if we have the £100 mill pot we should, with player sales included in that, then it’s a no brainier.

3 or 4 really key players incoming would see us ready for the next step of top 8 next year.

• SPRINGY

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Hope the toon gets rafa a nice contract and a decent wedge money to spend.

• Jib

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Since 2006, the only trophy Arsenal have won has been the FA Cup,
    albeit on three occasions

Oh the poor wee bairns

• one fine day

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:57 AM

Jib
    3 fa cups here and Rafa would be watching his cows grave on the town moor ..

• ben.g

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:07 AM

One fine day

Cheers will have to go look it up. Thought he’d see the season out. Athletico Madrid go tanked 3-0 last night. I was thinking that would be good for arsenal.

• jarra lad

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:34 PM

One fine day
    Oh no….. When did Rafa’s cows die?