Heartfelt Message From One Newcastle Player – I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

Christian Atsu has a slight knee injury, and that will probably keep him out of the side until the end of the season which is marked by our home game with Chelsea in 12 days time – Sunday 13th May.

And then all the stuff about transfers and Newcastle being interested in hundreds of players will begin.

We hope we can make some good signings early in the transfer window.

Rafa may even insist on that before signing a new contract to stay on Tyneside.

He could demand the Newcastle hierarchy bring some of his top targets into the club early in the summer; that would call them into action.

Christian Atsu has made a heartfelt plea for the club to keep Rafa at the club long term.

Chrisitan Atsu – heartfelt plea to keep Rafa long term on Tyneside

This is what Christian had to say on Sky Sports:

“We need him to stay because we love working with him, the fans love him, the Board loves him.”

“We are giving him all the support and we are hoping that he will stay and will be with us for many years.”

“Without him, things would have been difficult. We worked so hard all season, we had a great manager, and the fans were behind us in each and every game, home and away.”

“We have 52,000 fans supporting us and we are so happy for the supporters, so proud of ourselves too, that we are staying in the Premier League.”

As we mentioned in a previous article today this is the third summer running there has been some doubt about Rafa staying at Newcastle, so we hope this time a deal between the two parties can be reached quickly.

All Ashley has to do is to agree to everything Rafa wants to do at Newcastle.

Mike – the price of the Newcastle club will then rise dramatically – trust me.

🙂

Here’s Elvis singing I Want You I Need You I Love You from a hundred years ago.

May 1, 2018 at 2:13 PM

Going to a fancy dress party dressed as one of the three little pigs and being asked why he isn’t in fancy dress is too good for Ashley!

May 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM

I wonder what Slimanis loan fee and wages cost us for those 130 minutes. Probably not much different to what Tammy Abrahams would have cost for the season.

• RobLeenio

May 1, 2018 at 2:28 PM

Jail, probably not much less than the cost per minute West Brom have paid for Daniel Sturridge and we all sniggered behind our hands at them when he got injured in his first game.

May 1, 2018 at 2:32 PM

RobLeenio,
    What’s that got to do with my post?

• Jib

May 1, 2018 at 2:38 PM

Jail for Ashley
    What’s that got to do with my post?
    Pretty much everything
    you snotty prat

• Tsunki

May 1, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Nicky from two articles back –

You’re erring on the side of giving Ashley a lot more credit than he deserves given his record.

You can understand why he didn’t over commit? What, you mean you understand why he was reluctant to back Rafa up in the January window and restricted him to cut price loan deals to save the club from the drop? Really? The way i thought most understood it was extreme brinkmanship, witholding spending in case he sold the club. Takes all sorts.

May 1, 2018 at 2:46 PM

Jiblets,
    What has Daniel Sturridges injury got to do with the folly of Ashley not backing Rafa in the summer?

May 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM

Tsunki,
    Trying to fathom out Jimmysmiths logic towards Ashley is as puzzling as trying to work out Ashley himself.

• Jib

May 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM

Tsunki
    Your posts were ever thus
    extremely contradictory
    One day you scoff at the idea that Ashley was going to sell

The next day

The reason he bought no players is because he’s hoping to sell.

Your not a speech writer for Michael Gove by any chance ?

• Online Guy

May 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM

The professional Scourers were out in force on Talk Sport this morning …whinging about Roma fans , pre- empting trouble from Scourers out in Italy I thought.

Not mentioning the fact that 2 weeks back there was rioting and attacks on Roma fans around the streets of Liverpool. All covered up by the media .

Also heard them calling in the morning after the attack on the Man City Team coach/bus..saying it was only one or two people ..was it Fk…I counted over 260 missiles hitting that bus . Disgrace

All hushed up by the media and their lovers the BBC.

Did anyone see the recent attacks on Roma fans ? , I did .

I sadly predict another tragedy out in Italy, Liverpool fans travelling without tickets and fighting in the streets. Scourers were getting their excuses in early..they are out of control .

How long to another tragedy .

The decision to blame the Police over Hillsborough was a political decision for votes in the end , David Cameron and his Cronies.

Hillsborough to one side…Don’t mention Heysel.

They had nowt to do with that one either.

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM

Correct Rob. I highlighted same before. Rafa was furious he didn’t turn up. So we dodged a bullet but rafa and the club wanted him. Thus us a critical summer and I appreciate that transfers are a gamble but we need to get more merino’s than Sels’. And this has nothing much to do with Ashley. A 20mill player can be as likely to be a good or bad buy as a 5mill player. It cud also be argued that Abrahams wud not have worked out (although I think he wud have) as he had a poor season and Rafa went bonkers at not getting him. Overall I trust Rafa and the scouting team but just trying to give a broad view of the + and –

• RobLeenio

May 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Jail, oh I don’t know, maybe I was thinking of a slightly different comparison point which also shows that Slimani was, in hindsight, an unwise investment.

Other than that, nothing, nothing at all….

• Online Guy

May 1, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Scousers.

• mactoon

May 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM

@jail Comment #2
    From the Leicester Mercury:

130 minutes of pitch time.
    With Newcastle reportedly paying a £2m loan fee for Slimani, plus the 29-year-old’s circa £80,000-a-week wages, he has cost the Toon approximately £25,000 per minute of action.

• Tsunki

May 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM

Jib point out the contradictory posts so we can discuss.

• Tsunki

May 1, 2018 at 2:52 PM

I can already see where you’ve gone wrong but humour us all please….

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Online in fairness to Liverpool their boss wore a club badge with a tricolour on it and a local gaa jersey from the victimd area was hung in their dressing room. As a club they have ‘something’ but I do get the ‘it’s never our fault’ bit.

• Chancel My MBembaship

May 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM

I can understand why Slimani has been banned but I can’t believe (although I should believe it when the FA is involved) that Dawson wasn’t banned too. Did they see the same incident as me? Dawson deliberately stamped on Slimani’s foot without physical provocation. So our player gets banned for reacting but the West Brom player gets away with it.

And to make it worse, Dawson acted like he’d been knee-capped from a little kick out by Slimani. Shocking.

By the way, nice to see the juvenile name calling continues on here from our supposed more ‘mature’ posters. Nothing ever changes on here.

• Tsunki

May 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM

Jib you forgot your usual sign off insult btw. Got to keep up your standards, no matter how low.

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Still no word from any other buyers. Surely we can expect movement soon, if any? Are we technically safe now?

• Ron Knee

May 1, 2018 at 2:56 PM

Munster

You forgot to mention Achraf Lazaar. Or are you saving him for later?

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 3:05 PM

And would you classify him as a success Ron? Or if say Fat sam had bought him for us, would that be less acceptable?

May 1, 2018 at 3:18 PM

RobLeenio,
    I still don’t see the relevance between my post about Abrahams and Sturridges injury. If we had have signed Sturridge my point would have still been the same. Total false economy and unnecessary distraction before the season kicked off.

May 1, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Munster,
    How on earth could Ron or anybody class him as a success. Why do you keep drawing comparisons to Allardyce and Rafa. One has won thirteen major honours and managed Real Madrid, the other has a league cup and thinks he could manage Real Madrid.

• Ron Knee

May 1, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Munster

Of course Lazaar was a flop. That was the point of my post!

• RobLeenio

May 1, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Jail, I think we’re talking at cross purposes, I thought you were saying Slimani was a waste of money – look how we could have got better value for money with Abrahams. I therefore provided another point of comparison, saying in hindsight, Slimani’s signing was as poor as West Brom signing Sturridge, which we all sniggered about when he got injured.

We’re not far off in our thinking, just communicating poorly.

May 1, 2018 at 3:33 PM

RobLeenio,
    Unfortunately without facial expressions and tone of voice, violent drunks like Jiblets tend to get the wrong idea. I wasn’t being snotty. Slimani or Sturridge would have been a waste of money, only in hindsight, but they were both only necessary because of the failure to back Rafa in the summer.

• magscar

May 1, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Why do so many think they know better than Rafa.

Have they really got a better measure as fans than he with his all his experience of many owners and particularly of Ashley has. I reckon not.

I totally trust if Rafa stays he has got “sufficient” to have made him do so – a decision made in the full understanding of what actually has gone on in last few windows, unlike us or the press. To think otherwise is to think Rafa is a mug and he clearly isn’t and nor are his advisers. He and his advisers clearly know more and realise what needs clarifying and tightening going into the current negotiations and do so in a position of greater strength than previously. Apart from Guardiola or Klopp I struggle to think of any other current manager who holds such a good hand in dealing with club owners.

My reading of the signs and noises coming out are that both Rafa and Ashley want to continue the relationship and that Rafa is at least comfrtable with way matters are now. All could change of course but if there is the will on both sides a deal can be struck.

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Agree magscar

• Rob1971

May 1, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Jail I think you have that wrong, you are giving allardyce too much credit he has wont nowt, he got bolton to the league cup final but were beat of the smoggies

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2018 at 3:46 PM

Ron I was responding to your sarcasm, not to the concept of whether lazaar was good or not. Jail, you miss my point. I wudnt want Sam at nufc again any more than you would. My point was that is Sam or carver etc signed lazaar he would be roundly criticised. Same if he signed the crock who went to West Brom. But as much as Rafa deserves so much respect people like you won’t countenance any form of non positive analysis. The purchases are vital this summer because if Rafa doesn’t get them pretty much right, the improvement he wants won’t happen and I think he will quit next summer.

• Rob1971

May 1, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Also on the point of allardyce munster what about his nufc signings, Geremi, Alan Smith, Viduka, Rozenhal, Barton, Cacapa, Enrique, Faye, Beye, how many of those were successes for Nufc, only Barton & Enrique for me, and barton was only a success from the promotion season onwards, the others like Smith, Viduka Geremi were past it because of age, injuries etc and were bought on big fees & wages at the time

May 1, 2018 at 3:54 PM

RobLeenio,
    Aye, I thought winning the league cup was his claim to fame.

May 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM

Munster,
    You’re swerving my question, why do you keep comparing Rafa to Sam Allardyce?

• DubaiMicky

May 1, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Online #10.

Totally agree.

May 1, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Munster,
    You’re also missing a major point of the Ashley era when saying if etc bought a player, since Pardew got here players have been bought for the manager or “head coach”. I think you are showing Rafa massive disrespect by pointing out Sels and inferring that unless all of his signings are a success he is a lesser manager.

May 1, 2018 at 4:05 PM

Munster,
    What manager hasn’t signed a flop?

• Rob1971

May 1, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Munster Since Rafa has joined us he has signed more successes than duffers, Kenedy, Dubravka, Ritchie, Lejeune, even Diame now is proving his worth, Gayle has proved his worth purely on getting 20 odd goals last season for promotion, would you say Clark, & Haydn are duffers now purely as they aren’t in the team? his poor signings were Sels, Gamez, Lazaar and Joselu, as its been said Joselu was purely a cheap last minute signing as we didnt get the strikers we wanted last summer

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 1, 2018 at 4:13 PM

So Jail…sarcasm is that a term you’re familiar with? …not to mistaken for the cruel kind you and your little country club practice 😉

…by the way have started living in here

• Jib

May 1, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Jurgen Klopp’s assistant Zeljko Buvac who left Anfield over the weekend
    is now touted as shock new Arsenal manager by the Bosnian media.

Pravda BL, who initially broke the news that Klopp and Buvac were joining
    Liverpool a day before Brendan Rodgers was sacked, are touting
    the 56-year-old as successor to Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

1 2 3 6