In Honor Of Sir Bobby Robson – Video Preview – Wembley Screening Of New Film

I have been asked by Noah Films to help publicize the release of the film “Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager” – an in-depth and personal insight into the life and times of one of football’s best-loved characters, Sir Bobby Robson.

As most readers will know Sir Bobby is one of my all-time heroes in the world of football – a terrific manager and a great man – and a Geordie too.

The film features interviews from a list of names in the sport including the likes of Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson, Gary Lineker, and Paul Gascoigne.

Each of these share their own memories of the great man and what he meant to them.

Jose Mourinho with the great man himself – Sir Bobby Robson

In particular, there is a screening of the film at Wembley Stadium to be held on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.

For those in the London area – it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to relive Bobby’s greatest moments via a giant screen on the pitch.

Ticket holders will sit in the stands among Bobby’s family and friends, as well as some of the England greats from the 1990 World Cup.

Sir Bobby Robson was excellent at the job he did in football, but he was more than that – he was a wonderful person, and that’s the thing that sets the great man apart.

Here’s an exciting preview from Noah Films  – a film which is likely to be one for the ages.

• Lindisfarne

May 12, 2018 at 3:10 PM

My preferred choice (433):

Murphy—-Perez—-Ritchie
    Shelvey—Diame—Merino
    Dummett–Lejuene–Lascelles–Yedlin
    Drubravka

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 12, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Lindisfarne

That’s the team I was thinking might be a starter tomorrow.

Give Perez the out and out striker role with Shelvey and Merino to create the openings and Diame mopping up in the middle of the park..

• Ron Knee

May 12, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Great trailer!

• lesh

May 12, 2018 at 3:34 PM

Aye Ron, a great trailer to a tribute to a great man.

Ashley should watch it a see how great influence and strength exerted in a friendly and persuasive manner can influence events. He might just realise that being an awful, greedy bully is not the best way to go about getting the best out of people.

Bobby’s loved, Keegan’s loved, Rafa’s loved whereas Ashley……

• Lindisfarne

May 12, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Bill

Alternatively I would like Murphy to play as #10 with Perez up front, but I don’t think Merino would play left wing. Maybe Víctor Fernández will get a game from the start?

• ShirebrookToon

May 12, 2018 at 3:46 PM

That trailer made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Can’t wait for the release date

• Lindisfarne

May 12, 2018 at 3:51 PM

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 3:58 PM

lesh
    Bobby’s loved, Keegan’s loved, Rafa’s loved whereas Ashley isn’t
    a footy manager.
    😛

• Ron Knee

May 12, 2018 at 4:00 PM

lesh

“He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Lindisfarne

Rafa hasn’t picked any of the youngsters in the last few games so I can’t see him doing it for the final one.

Never know with him though!

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:12 PM

I feel.i must apologise especially to our younger readers and yes even jib for the inference that he would fantasise abut massaging Ashley’s nether regions with coconut oil while reeling from the effects of drinking metal polish. Totally unnecessary and uncalled for, I unreservedly recant and regret any harm or insult my comments may have made, I really should have known better.

It would of course have been essential oils and wood preservative, not necessarily in that order. Sorry once again.

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM

What is laid before Michael Ashley is a golden opportunity to trump every decision he has ever made regarding Newcastle United F.C. and totally and with finality completely screw the whole thing right up. All he has to do is dig his heels in to the point where Benitez says “Thanks, but I think I will let someone else do that kind of job, my ambitions are sporting, not accountancy”. Totally do-able I think, Mike.

• Nufc 4ever

May 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Not trying to be controversial but the statue of Bobby Robson in my opinion should be Joe Harvey he played lifted the cup and managed 11 years and won a trophy. Bobby a great manager and person but if there is only one statue should be Joe
    He has a bust in the main entrance but a man who gave his life to the club. Bobby 5 yrs?

• chicousa

May 12, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Great Tsunki @12,
    You just HAD to go and mention “trump” didn’t you?!!! 😉

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Little “t” chico, little “t”

🙂

• chicousa

May 12, 2018 at 4:26 PM

That’s what Stormy claims about him: he’s little! 😀

• ronaldo aarons

May 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Regarding links of kenedy to Bayern, I read they have earmarked him to play left back. Hope kenedy learns from Chelsea and rejects them. Even I feel he doesn’t come to us hope he waits it out for a team that will play him on the left wing. I would have actually liked to see him being the striker a couple times with us, he played that position quite a bit in Brazil and has some of the attributes to do well there.

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:28 PM

Nufc4ever it’s a reasonable point actually and I think most get the feeling that there has been a little bit of capitalisation on the club’s part to tap into the romanticism of the local boy done good to ingratiate itself with the fans, or at least placate them in some way. The club has had quite a few long serving and loyal staff over its history and it’s a little bit sad that only those who stick in recent memory the most are honoured as such.

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Anyone ever see Kenedy head the ball? He might have done but I don’t remember it.

• jezza442

May 12, 2018 at 4:33 PM

Nufc 4ever,I see your point and sort of agree but Joe Harvey gave pleasure to thousands of toon fans whereas sir Bobby gave pleasure to the whole football world , a true world football legend not only a toon legend I think you’ll agree.

• ronaldo aarons

May 12, 2018 at 4:37 PM

I don’t recall him heading the ball now you mention it. Did find this though, forward to 20 seconds. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLG1a6qXqas

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Nufc 4ever
    You do know aboutthis ?
    It’s 5′ by 3′ and very impressive

• jezza442

May 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Jib,that is very impressive indeed,but for us younger (not much) readers what is the Texaco cup, can’t be the league cup we havnt won that and it wasn’t around then.

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM

It does look more like Homer Simpson with a wig. I remember Joe Harvey when i was a kid and thinking he had the thickest darkest eyebrows you could feasibly hold on a face ha ha.

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Ah the Texaco cup!

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Ronaldo oh yeah I watched that reel just the other day funny what you miss….

• Nufc 4ever

May 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM

Jezza
    I cant disagree Bobby was a legend world wide. But all i care about is NUFC and Joe wins hands down for myself.

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 5:12 PM

I’ve got to say that Joe set his teams up to excite.
    No finer sight than McDonald thundering after an
    inch perfect pass from Hibbit.
    Not as refined as the modern game but it certainly
    got the pulse racing.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 12, 2018 at 5:20 PM

Like you know what embroidery is Betsy…;)

…but then again you probably remember it from growing up before the woman’s rights movement or before emancipation

laughingmyassofemoji

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 12, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Listen Betsy…know one minds banter…really!

We just frown upon racist, bigots, know it alls, xenophobe and old time thinkers with their gender slur

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 5:24 PM

If there is a virtual wall in this blog I’m sure I’m not alone in banging my virtual head against it. 🙂

Jesper you’ve made great strides. Let go of the paranoia now and you’re 45% of the way there 🙂

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 5:27 PM

A Dane lecturing folk about bigotry !!
    Whatever next
    Didn’t Denmark have a fatwah placed
    on the entire nation for going out of their
    way to insult Islam ?

• Tsunki

May 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM

That’s cartoonist jib and you know it!

😀

• TheJimBelow

May 12, 2018 at 5:32 PM

What a great header from Jedinak!
    Villa 1 up

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 5:34 PM

cartoonist
    very good
    applause emoji

• posada

May 12, 2018 at 5:44 PM

Statues.
    There are three round the ground.
    Only one celebrates a winner.

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 5:54 PM

Shearer
    Got a PL winners medal at Blackburn

• OneAlanShearer

May 12, 2018 at 5:56 PM

I have a feeling we will miss out on Kenedy. I would love us to sign him. I also think we could see more than 10 incoming and more than that out going. I think rafa will clean house given the chance with about 6 or 7 of our starting xi starting next season. He wants 22 players capable of playing with 3 youth players pushing for a game. That’s going to mean a lot of restructuring. I just hope he gets the right level of funds to do it.

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM

I thought he’d hit the post
    Randolph actually tipped it

• Jib

May 12, 2018 at 6:02 PM

That wasn’t very friendly of George