Newcastle Linked With England International – But Could Be Priced Out Of A Deal

Rafa Benitez wanted to sign Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek last summer but he was not able to do that, and indeed he tried to sign him a year last January too.

And the Sun is reporting today that Newcastle are again after the 22-year-old who has two caps for England.

He is already an excellent player and is in the England squad for the World Cup in Russia this summer.

There are several Premier League clubs interested in the player in addition to the Magpies, and they include West Ham and Everton.

Crystal Palace are also interested in signing him permanently after he was on loan last season at the Selhurst Park club.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek – at the St. Georges Park training camp with England

Last season he played 25 times for Palace with 2 goals and 5 assists, and it appears that Rafa will again try to sign the player.

The Sun reports that Rafa is keen on Loftus-Cheek, who will decide whether now is the right time to leave the Blues since he doesn’t want to sit on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

After the way Rafa brought the best out of Chelsea winger Kenedy this year, Newcastle must have a decent enough chance of signing the powerful central midfielder permanently.

But that will depend on what price Chelsea want for the 22-year-old and the Sun reports that could rise to as much as £40M if he has a good World Cup for England.

There’s just no way Newcastle should pay £40M for the young player.

Maybe Rafa could get the player on a season-long loan with an option to buy next summer?

But we are already interested in both Kenedy and Tammy Abraham from Chelsea as potential loan players for next season, and we can only get one player per club on loan for next season.

What do you think?

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Bill, it’s a treadmill you have to chase around the gym and try to tie it to the floor. Great exercise mate. 🙂

I’d take this lad but I think he’s a London boy. I just can’t see him leaving the bright lights on a permanent basis. Would be nice if he would and I hope I’m wrong, but I think if he does leave it will be for another London club. 🙁

• Australian Pie

May 29, 2018 at 1:40 PM

With us only having around 50mil likely to spend we NEED a striker and No.10 with that money, and we won’t generate enough cash from sales to buy this player

• crawfordm

May 29, 2018 at 1:41 PM

40 million for a young British up and coming creative midfielder ?? Highly unlikely we will but why should we not pay that Ed ? That is the going rate – Grealish quoted at 30 million.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 1:41 PM

England U21 team play again tonight. 6.30 kick off, but I don’t think it’s on TV over here, which is bizarre. Looks like I’ll be watching online.

• Dagwoodz

May 29, 2018 at 1:42 PM

Bobbybee @29 from the previous article

I might not have the lifetime of experience supporting the club that most on here have, but I’ve been a loyal supporter for the better part of 2 decades, without any inclination to stop, trophies or not, doesn’t matter. You’re right, I wasn’t born into it, but that doesn’t stop be from being loyal to the club to a fault. I might not experience the north/south split that those who live in Newcastle, or up north in general do, but I know it’s there; I’m not ignorant to it.

I’m not having a dig at people who are able to go to games at all…like I said, I’m envious of those that can go and physically support the team in person; I would be doing the same if I were there. And no where did I say that people should stop turning up. I actually believe the opposite…

• John Tudor

May 29, 2018 at 1:43 PM

We could be priced out by anyone

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM

It’s silly season. No doubt we’ll be linked to another 300 players with no chance or interest of a signing.
    I think – could be wrong – that Rafa will make his signings on the quiet, out of the public glare and without attracting opposition.

• Dagwoodz

May 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM

@Martoon…

I wasn’t refering to any one person. Sorry if it came across that way…it was more reacting to the general animosity on this blog at times over the past 8 years I’ve been reading to those that don’t have the ability to attend games or aren’t from/living in the area.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 1:47 PM

Dagwoodz, in which case accept my apologies, unreservedly. I thought this was another case of boycotts being demanded. All you overseas look the same to me. 🙂 And that’s a JOKE before any of you launch into me.

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2018 at 1:50 PM

Bobby “All you overseas look the same to me”
    LOL

• widowmagandapoke

May 29, 2018 at 1:50 PM

40m. Bit of a Cheek. Seriously though, if we could get him for 30 it would be a good deal. Take the point about him being a London boy. Maybe we could get KK to convince him Newcastle is nearer to London than Crystal Palace.

• babeandbp

May 29, 2018 at 1:52 PM

I’ve decided after reading this that I’m not going to look at any more of this speculative nonsense. Every preseason is exactly the same. Lots of bull & bluster and very little else. Far better to wait for the confirmations methinks. Drivel!

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Dagwoodz, have you ever visited us mate? I would suggest if you do that you come in August, for the start of the season. That way you get a couple of games in before the winter hits. You’ll love it.
    Plenty to offer outside of football. I live in a quaint fishing village (lol) outside Ashington. The North East Coast is something to behold and there’s so much history to blow you away.
    The biggest attraction though is SJP. 🙂 Huge stadium planted bang in the city centre.
    I took a mate for the first time v Chelsea and his face was a picture. 🙂 Certainly helped battering them like.

• RobLeenio

May 29, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Personally, I’d love the club to encourage more overseas support. At the end of the day, if the brand is built in foreign climes, it can only help with club revenue, player recruitment, invitations to lucrative tournaments etc etc

From a personal interest point of view, I’m always keen to hear how folks abroad got hooked on NUFC in the first place – though I imagine a large percentage were ‘recruited’ in the early 90s.

Sadly, it’s hard to see how the required investment will ever be forthcoming in order to encourage a new generation of the Toon Army Foreign Legion.

• G

May 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Bobbybee ‘quaint fishing village outside of Ashington’? Blyth?

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Rob, I’m the same, I just get a bit pissed when people who don’t go make demands on those who do.
    I imagine most of our support was attracted by KK in the Entertainers years. Not just overseas either. It was a very attractive period that was, sadly, more of a blip than the norm. It will change one day… honestly… It will. 🙂

• Munster Mag