Newcastle Fans Celebrate Fantastic Dubravka Signing – Does That Mean Rafa’s Staying?

Newcastle fans flocked to Twitter as they celebrate the signing of 29-year-old Sparta Prague goalkeeper Martin Dubravka for a £4M bargain transfer fee.

A number of fans are hoping this means Rafa will be staying since Martin had said he would only sign if Rafa Benitez was staying on (long-term) as the Newcastle manager.

There is news that Rafa wants another five players brought in this summer and if he can do that and get his top targets in – we should have a much-improved squad for next season.

A happy Rafa Benitez – after we took Chelsea apart 3-0

That’s the goal.

Here are some tweets from delighted Newcastle fans.

• DaveD1000

May 31, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Dubravka himself is saying all the right things on Twitter. A couple of flappy moments in the last couple of games but i reckon he is on the way to becoming a Toon Legend (after a sprinkling of Rafa dust)

• Lindisfarne

May 31, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Why do fans have to take the simpilist of stories and make unfounded speculation from it?
    Why second guess when it is difficult enough cutting through the large amount of media BS. Just appreciate we have an excellent manager, finished in the top half of the league (just) and a World Cup is round the corner.

• The next Mike Williamson

May 31, 2018 at 10:34 AM

If we are really lucky and sell everybody this is how much I think we’ll get. £58m + another £30m or so
    Mitrovic £20m
    Gayle £12m
    Atsu £6m (if Kenedy comes in)
    Clarke £6m (if another defender comes in)
    Mbemba, Sels £8m
    Colback £3m
    Darlow £3m

• Jib

May 31, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I wonder sometimes if there is a compact between
    NUFC and Mirror Group to pretend something is breaking
    news on a slow newspaper selling day.

• Jib

May 31, 2018 at 10:37 AM

East Midlands media

“Lampard is a Ram”

Yeah I heard he’s a bit of a cocksmith

😛

• lesh

May 31, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Jiblets

You must’ve had a very busy day to have missed Chronicle’s Lascelles focused piece – it was published yesterday! Wakey wakey.

And judging by your early sarcasm and arrogance today, it’s apparent that you’re working up to another falling out of a plane moment.

Will you ever learn that an apology doesn’t give you the right to repeat an act which causes offence? Judging by your somewhat chequered history, I suspect the answer’s no.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 31, 2018 at 10:47 AM

Doubt Atsu, Clark and Gayle will leave.

Sels
    Darlow

Mbemba
    Lazaar
    Sterry

Saivet
    Colback
    Aarons

Mitrovic
    Toney/Armstrong

Should be £35-40m from that lot, though I’m sure some will be easier to shift than others.

• Harley

May 31, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Next mike Williamson

I tend to agree with your valuations, sick of seeing ridiculously low prices in the press for our players.

I’d like to think we could get more for Mbemba than 5-7m since I’m sure we paid about 10 for him, Gayle I’m convinced we could get 15 from an ambitious championship club and I’d like to keep Clark. I struggle to see where we can get a better 4th choice CB (assuming Mbembas replacement will be 2nd or 3rd).