Video Of Newcastle’s New Target – Brilliant Thiago Maia While At Santos

Here’s some video of Newcastle’s latest transfer target – Brazilian U23 International Thiago Maia – who was transferred from Santos to Lille last summer.

The news in le10sport.com is that Newcastle have bid for the talented Brazilian but that (first) offer was turned down by the French club.

This lad looks very good and seems to have a golden left foot.

Brazilain U23 International Thiago Maia

• lochinvar

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:37 PM

Headline” Ashley gets a Brazilian”
    No thanks, rather not see that.

• Jib

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:44 PM

Swemag
    There’s no sell clause for Lascelles
    because we let Forest keep him for
    a season after we bought him.

• Bobbybee

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Unless Rafa gets it in writing that he can spend every penny of any potential Lascelles sale, then I’d sooner keep him. Whatever he’s worth now, you can double that in a season or two. Just sit on him as an investment that will only increase in value.
    I did post a warning about this a couple of weeks back. Jib can probably find it in a heartbeat 🙂 I warned Spurs would come in and said don’t shoot the messenger. It was obvious that selling Toby Jug would mean a big offer for Lascelles. Just sit on him, he’s only going to increase in value.

• Jib

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Massadio Haidara’s contract terminates end of this month
    He’s off to RC Lens in Ligue 2

• lochinvar

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:55 PM

Maia – a buddy for Kennedy ?
    Now that makes sense

• TyneMouth

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Even if we sell Lascelles for £60M, Rafa will only have a maximum of £14M to spend!

Transfer policy, as prescribed by our very successful businessman owner, is to buy new players for cash up-front, but in contradiction, sell our best players for a series of annual installments! No, me neither…

So selling our Captain, who is a fast developing defender, and a probable future International, and only have a maximum 25% of his sale value to buy his replacement , seems rather amateurish to say the least.

You’d have though having a hard nosed, billionaire businessman for an owner would be a big advantage…

• Munster Mag

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Jail I sometimes wonder how low u will go to try to make yourself correct. I have questioned things rafa has done in the past. I’ll praise him too. I’ll do it again next season. It’s my right as a fan, like any fan. I’ll question why we bought Sels, and I’ll also laud him for getting merino. Maybe I was harsh on him in the past. Maybe I shud have been more patient and slow to spot things that I thought were issues. But u know what? Because you want to score a point u will singularly ignore the positive things I say. Then when I even mentioned what a kind bloke he is, another reason like like him, you claim I played a ‘cancer card’. You are turning into a serious muppet in my eyes and. How dare you ignore the good stuff I have said re our manager to suit your own viewpoint of me. Try this jail… Stick it in your one dimensional brain… I think we are lucky to have Rafa and I think he is getting even better. I asked questions of him before, and might do again, but he is brill for us and it’s good to have him. But then, you ignore positives don’t u? Even beyond that, if I was wrong to ask questions of Rafa (MaN u fans never questionned fergie…. Ever. Honest) so what?? I think he’s Brill and yes I read his book that u said I threw darts at. I’d be one of the first in Ireland to get the sequel. Cop yourself on, and don’t stoop so low again.

• Munster Mag

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:24 PM

Bobby also the amount of development Rafa has put into lascelles will have to be replicated by rafa, A Brill Coach, on a new, cheaper player. A waste of time. Rafa won’t want to break up the central defence unless he can upgrade it. Rafa puts defence first. Oh was that a negative comment???? Nope.