25 Newcastle Players Released – No Real Surprises In The List

Newcastle United have announced the retained list and players who will be leaving the club at the end of this month.

Three first-team players – Massadio Haidara (54 appearances), Jesus Gamez (10 appearances) and Curtis Good (2 appearances) will leave the club this month.

Jesus Gamez – made only 10 appearances for Newcastle

This is how the Newcastle website announced the rest of the changes:

“The club has offered new deals to youngsters Luke Charman and Callum Roberts and are currently in negotiations with Alex Gilliead in relation to a new contract.”

“A further 18 players will leave the club at under-23 level – Yannick Aziakonou, Kyle Cameron, Yasin Ben El-Mhanni, Stuart Findlay, Owen Gallacher, Macaulay Gillesphey, Mackenzie Heaney, Tom Heardman, Jack Hunter, Ben Kitchen, Michael Newberry, Brendan Pearson, Callum Smith, Liam Smith, Craig Spooner, Dan Ward, Callum Williams and Paul Woolston.”

“Meanwhile, scholars Thomas Allan, Lewis Cass, Matthew Longstaff, Oliver Walters, Kelland Watts and Adam Wilson have all been offered professional contracts.”

“Isaac Gamblin, Mace Goodridge, Jack Robson and Kurtis Russell have been released from the club’s Academy.”

Rafa Benitez put out a message to those players leaving Newcastle United this summer:

“I would like to say thank you to the players who are leaving us this summer for their hard work and commitment while with the club.”

“Letting players go is always a difficult decision and I wish each of them only the best for their football careers.”

It looks like 25 players at all levels will leave the club at the end of the month.

There are no real suprises in the list of players released.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM

Tosun, I’ll have to watch out for him. Stand up is totally different. I didn’t used to rate Ken Dodd myself, but I watched one of his, stand up gigs and he was really really funny. Much better than any of his shows.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM

Good to see Callum Roberts getting another contract. He was one of my ‘ones to watch’ I posted a few years back, along with Arma Mbabu – should’ve kept – Aaron’s and the French lad who’s name escapes me now. 🙂
    Good winger who knows how to score and can play behind the striker.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Bobby, same here, seeing Doddy (tv) live was an eye opener, real old school entertainer. Heard he could go on for three or four hours once he got on a roll.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:42 PM

Kemen , that was the lad.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Tosun, yeah, really funny mate. Changed my view of him completely.

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM

VAR at PL grounds next season.
    Let the games begin.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:29 PM

I just checked on Kemen. Seems like he had a decent season out on Loan in ligue 2, France.

• cyprus

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Only saw Jesus (the player!) once, he did ok.

• wynsleap

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Why aren’t we REALLY pushing hard to sell (or just get rid for a reasonable fee) Colback, Armstrong, Elliott, Saivet, Gamez, Haidara and Joselu for a few quid? Surely they have no future at SJP?
    A healthy trimming of the wage bill, at least, would help Rafa in his search for new players.
    Could we not give a decent offer plus Murphy or Atsu to Boro in exchange for Traore?
    That lad looks like he could burn up the Premiership.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Lesh, thanks for those kind words mate, I’ll pass them on to my lad. Starts tomorrow. Irony is, he got that job one day and got another the next! It was unsure hours at Burburry so he’s sticking with McDonald’s for now. They said if he changes his mind they’ll keep him on record and just to contact them. Like buses innit? 🙂

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Last time Jesus played he was really bad. Ended up getting crucified.

• Bambams

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:13 PM

I was hoping we would of had someone signed over last 48 hrs

I am over in Cuba and just connected to the WiFi

Fingers crossed

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM

the only one i’m surprised at is Paul Woolston a very decent keeper by what i’ve seen

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Disappointed that Findlay never got another opportunity other than the one or two cup appearances in the championship and looking good. Feel bad for good that injuries hit him hard as he looked a good prospect when we bought him. Very surprised Heaney is being let good, looks a quality passer in the making.

It says we are going over contracts for charman, Roberts and gillead. Don’t see a future with us for gillead and don’t see either charman or Roberts getting first team opportunities with us but understand you need to keep good young players at that level.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Highly rated Adam Wilson has been offered a professional contract so hope he doesn’t do a Gibson and leave, although it may be better for him personally if he does.

Major question, is Beardsley still going to remain? I read that he has only been suspended for 5 months. Putting the ongoing case aside, Beardsley needs to be let go. It’ll be more productive to scrap he lot in reserve if he is planned to remain in charge.

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM

Bobby

Two job offers for number one son? Wow, it never rains but it pours and two offers’ll have done his confidence the power of good.

For what it’s worth, I’d suggest that sticking it out with McDonalds might do him more good long term. Why? They work their employees hard and the front of house roles demand good customer service and general interpersonal skills including yes working and flexibility. You know the score Bobby – smile, show, show respect and a willingness to help, offer solutions to problems and so on taking the opportunity to form the basis for his working life.

It could be an opportunity for you too Bobby, some pay back – a year or two and he’ll have his own wheels and you can then be using his taxi service for a change. 🙂

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Looking at the number of youngsters shown the door, it seems high suggesting a lot of wastage. Or maybe the proportion of failures is about right?

Might the leaver numbers explain Rafa’s hopes for an upgrade to the academy? Surely even Ashley can see the sense of investing in Rafa’s proposals?

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Bobby

* yes working = team working

Bally phone!

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Bobby

I meant to say I was impressed with your nephew’s Ouzo/ vodka cocktail jelly. Presumably the oil was medicinal (THC free).

Nowt better than good craic and rolling about giggling to brighten one’s day up. 🙂

• barkel

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Wynsleep

Could be because no one wants them.

Gamez and Haidara have been released.

I think we’ll hold on to Elliot as 2nd/3rd choice and let Woodman out on loan for a full season. Colback will go to Forest probably. Armstrong is doing pretty well with the England U-21 so he’ll be kept until at least the end of that tournament, he might get a full pre season before any decision is made on him. Saivet may have already signed for a Turkish club and I don’t think Joselu will be going in this window. Murphy and Atsu will be staying too I reckon

• RobLeenio

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Harry Kane’s signed a 6 year contract at Spurs – guess that also puts to bed any rumours of Pocchetino to Real.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:07 PM

I assume that Adam Armstrong doesn’t figure as he already has a longer term contract?

There is a few names on the list that surprise me and I’d bet that some of them will make it elsewhere, good luck to them anyway.

The new academy lads must wonder when it’ll be their turn to be shown the door.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:09 PM

Bobby
    I was going to mention Last of The Summer Wine last night when you first said what you were doing but got sidetracked, had a laugh when you did though.

I reckon you’d be Compo.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:32 PM

wynsleap – Why aren’t we REALLY pushing hard to sell those players? Well other than one you named who was released on a free as stated in the article (Haidara), how do you know that we aren’t really pushing hard to sell them?

Is it because they haven’t been sold yet? These things take time and it’s not like there’s going to be a stampede for any of the people on your list of players, is there?

We may not see any of them leave until nearer the end of the transfer window (if at all) when teams start getting desperate. That’s how we ended up with Slimani in the last window!

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Lesh, aye, the other job offer was with a good company – Burberry – expensive bags and clothes etc but the hours unreliable. Bit like SD! He’s done the right thing imo too mate.
    He’ll be mixing with people his own age more and we all know the harder you work, the quicker time passes.

I suspect we might not have had so much fun without the thc content mate 🙂
    I’m part of a govt experiment, along with a number of other people with a variety of disabilities/injuries. They want to know how effective it is as a pain suppressor. There’s a govt secret farm up here actually, although it’s not that much of a secret.
    Anyway, depending on a number of things you might find medicinal cannabis being allowed in the not too distant future – although how far in the future god only knows, they move as quickly as Penfold signing players. 🙂 It certainly gets my stamp of approval.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM

Bill, I’ll be Compo mate, he was the one who didn’t give a toss about what anybody thought of him as well. 🙂 Although, I have a far better taste in women that Nora Batty mind you. 🙂
    It really did turn into an episode like. God only knows what the locals thought of us when we got the giggles attack. Totally uncontrollable. Brilliant day out.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:10 PM

What’s wrong with Nora Batty, she was a class lass!

Canabanoid oil is getting some good press at the moment and the online “Healthspan” people sell it.

What is CBD Oil Good For?
    Research shows that CBD benefits include acting as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, antiemetic, anxiolytic and antipsychotic agent, and is therefore a potential medicine for the treatment of neuroinflammation, epilepsy, oxidative injury, vomiting and nausea, anxiety and schizophrenia.18 Dec 2016

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:28 PM

It works for pain relief Bill, that much I do know. I reduced my opioids thanks to it, which has to be a good thing.
    I don’t know if it works by suppressing the receptors, or just works by distraction – ie, you feel happier and don’t notice it.
    Tbh, when you suffer from chronic pain like me and so many other people, how it works is immaterial. If it gives you a break from constant pain, why should I care how it works?
    Anyway, I’m just a willing Guinea pig. I’ll leave the experts to do their work. 🙂

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Bobby/ Essex

As you know, the stuff’s been medicinally used for years and the good stuff has more going for it than against it. It’s about time it was legalised and regulated to maintain a high quality so that the hard-core stuff that’s being pedalled these days is marginalised – it causes so many social and psychological problems.

Anyway, enough and back to me LP cover!

🙂

Bobby, I’d imagine that the ‘secret’ farm gets a lot of curious yet frustrated visitors! 🙁

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:54 PM

Bobby, I’m curious about CBD oil. I’ve got arthritis in my hands, which, among other tasks, stops me playing guitar, which I’ve got to admit is a passion equal to NUFC. I’ve tried all sorts of supplements and medicines with not much success. Ibuprofen helps but it’s not good to take for any length of time. Is this something CBD might help with?

• Toonces

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:55 PM

Re: Beardsley.

It is sad that is has come to this point but I agree with those who suggest he can’t stay on at Newcastle any longer. First, the performance of the youth ranks has been poor under his watch. Second, there is too much smoke with regards to the bullying and racial issues. I wish it wasn’t so. Unfortunately, he needs to be relieved of his duties permanently.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Lesh, I believe if you look on Google earth you just see a white patch where it is. At least is was like that when it first opened.
    “Nothing to see here, please keep moving”. 🙂
    You are right though, it needs decriminalising. It’s a herb ffs.
    There’s a good video called ‘The true story of cannabis’ that explains why it was made illegal, which had more to do with the oil and lumber industries than anything else.
    You can make a biodegradable plastic from hemp and a clean fuel. Not to mention clothes and car bodies – the list is endless.
    It was seen as a direct threat to those in power who’s money was invested in lumber and more to the point, the oil industry.
    So they invented the myth that it was such a dangerous drug. Some of the propaganda was comical, but people were more gullible then than now.
    Anyway, maybe not the time or place, although not much happening on the football front.
    Worth watching though. It’s not a new video so isn’t HD but very informative for people who simply don’t know the truth.

• Offkey

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Tosun – this has a section about its use for arthritis

But be wary of online sellers of CBD oil some use solvents to make the oil and in turn leaves it tainted.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Offkey, great, thanks for that.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:21 PM

Offkey, we use pure vodka. There’s a shop in town that sells it. Wouldn’t like to use solvents, sounds nasty.

Tosun, yes mate, it would. As part of this experiment I had to use oil without thc content for so long, then use it with. I suppose it works slightly differently on different people, but with works best for me, although I have heard others prefer it without. I suppose that’s the reason for the experiment though, to make these comparisons.
    Whilst in the ‘with’ thc and part you can smoke it, or eat it, or turn it into oil. As long as you keep notes. The ‘without’ part requires you to use just oil.
    Actually, I’m not sure if I’m breaching the official secrets act here, I better shut up! 🙂
    Anyway, if they do decide to decriminalise it, it’s getting my vote because anything that helps chronic pain without using a class A drug has to be a good thing. It’s a ludicrous law anyway.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:26 PM

Cheers Bobby. Sound info. !
    It’s been a very informative day on the blog today, on many varied subjects, even some football crept in there along the way.
    🙂 🙂

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:28 PM

Toonces, sadly I agree mate. It’s beyond belief that the accusations were upheld and he only got a suspension.
    This is 2018. Character building, as we were assured was what we had to go through as apprentices etc, is bullying in this age. And racism is a no no at any level.
    Club legend or not, better he goes now with as little fuss as possible. All he’s doing now by fighting it is putting himself on show

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:33 PM

Tosun, that video is available on YouTube and really worth watching. Shows how propaganda is used to convince people of a lie, and purely for profit. It wouldn’t wash now, it’s just so blindingly obvious it’s propaganda, but it worked back in day. They used racism in that as well. Interesting video.

• Munster Mag

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:35 PM

Jail good comeback re rattling cages. Am happy to stop arguing if you are and send a creamy Guinness down the wires to you. Bobby can you be the barman on that? 🙂

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:41 PM

Essex/ Bobby

Just checked the Healthspan site and noticed that they batch number their oils and what was noticeable was the variation in THC content between barches A38 and A39. However they don’t seem to give a choice, like wines, of selecting which batch or vintage one can choose.

Bobby, you clearly suffer some gyp with your osteoporosis. Mine’s tagged as severe but (touching wood) nowhere near as severe as yours. Again, touching wood, I’ve never suffered pain and I’ve put that down to years of taking the benefits of hemp in other forms.

Essex, I’d guess you don’t suffer with osteoporosis as you always seem to be kept busy by a hard taskmaster!

You’ll both know that there was always a long established use of the plant in areas where there were shipyards. Why? They used to use rope made of hemp in the old days and the seeds would take root in the land nearby – hence a lot of keen gardeners and happy, relatively relaxed folk.