Newcastle Interested In Signing 18-Year-Old Middlesbrough Whizz Kid

French media outlet Foot Mercato  are reporting that Premier League club Newcastle are tracking 18-year-old French winger Bilal Brahimi who plays for Middlesbrough.

The winger only joined Boro last summer, and he was brought in from Portuguese side Leixoes.

He was born in Paris and is of Algerian descent and played regularly last season for the Middlesbrough U18 and U23 sides.

18-year-old Middlesbrough forward Bilal Brahimi

He generally plays on the left wing but Brahimi can play up front or on the right wing, so he is a versatile forward who shows great promise.

Rafa and his recruitment team are keen to bring the best young players to Newcastle so they can be developed to be future first-team players at the club.

That’s part of Rafa’s strategy at the club.

With Newcastle also interested in Boro’s Adama Traore – maybe it could turn out to be a double swoop this summer on our north-east neighbors.

Liverpool and Everton are two other clubs interested in the player and Spanish clubs Valencia and Real Betis are also interested.

The report is that he scored 8 goals and had 14 assists in 25 total games he played last season for the Middlesbrough U18 and U23 teams combined.

There may be a discrepancy there since the usually reliable Tranfermkt report those figures are 19 games played with 3 goals scored with 2 assists.

There are no stats for him on the Middleborough website.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM

Have you noticed, there’s never just us interested in anyone, the usual suspects always get mentioned too.

Btw, don’t Drink Water, fish f*** in it.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Sorry for the repost but took me a while to type it up 🙂

Lascelles and stones should have been England’s starting centre backs in the world cup, I really hope we don’t sell him, stones is a pacy adventurous footballing centre half and lascelles is a disciplined no nonsense tank, they would have been a formidable back 2 for breaking and starting plays together. Stones and Lejeune are similar ball playing classy defenders but whereas Stones has more pace Lejeune has more composure.

What Lascelles brings in this fancy Dan day of footballers is sheer passion, drive, determination, never say die attitude and understands the game at such a tender age for a centre half, this can’t be replaced easily, it’s the most important cog in the ‘wheel’. We can’t afford to lose him at this moment until more players start standing up and showing more leadership qualities en masses imo. I’d like to see some experience brought in this summer to help Lascelles so he’s not the lone Churchillian style leader at the club!

I’ve gotta say, I’ve always loved this kid, I remember he was brought into the senior England set up years ago such were the high expectations of him, but in earnest it’s taken a stellar manager like Rafa to coax it out of him, I dread to think where his career was headed under McLaren.

• posada

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:03 AM

I don’t think any less of Peter Beardsley and I won’t on the basis of what I have heard so far.

To be found guilty of a serious crime in this country a jury of your peers has to be satisfied you have done it. Beyond all reasonable doubt.

These internal panels are often no where near as fair. They feel obliged to find one way or the other.
    Having said that the employer is often put in a difficult position.

• SuperShearer

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Liverpool not hanging around in the transfer market – here’s a scenario – your manager gets you to the Champ League final against all odds. Then, he’s linked with numerous other jobs, so what do you do? BACK HIM. You show him this is the club for him.

Now… Mr. Ashley – what Rafa did for us last season is on a par with what Klopp did at Liverpool – he got a team that only narrowly won the Championship last season to finish TENTH! That’s a whopping ten+ places higher than the season before in a tougher league with MUCH bigger spending teams. So answer us this PLEASE…. why are you not backing the first world-class manager we’ve had since the late, great Sir Bobby Robson?

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:37 AM

lochinvar

there is no point in beating about the bush !!!

• RobLeenio

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:39 AM

SuperShearer, we don’t know that he isn’t.

I understand your passion, but not many teams are doing much business at the moment. Brighton, Hudds, Burnley, Saints, Palace and many others (ie our realistic competition) have done nowt.

Patience is a virtue. We’ll see what happens when it happens.

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM

Bobby from earlier reminiscing on your Yorkshire exploits
    – are you Compo or Cleggy or Truely of the Yard ?

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:48 AM

Posada – moot point.
    Seem to think the FA were wooly on the Shelvey incident and in fact had no definitive evidence whatsoever, just tittle tattle but made their own interpretation of events to suit their own agenda and protect their own backsides. These are never people you want in the trenches with you. In fact they wouldn’t be there anyway and would have run away long before any action started.

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Lochinvar

Bobby can seem to be a hard one at times – underneath those occasional facades, there lies a fluffy, playful kitten I’m sure – so he may not be (Commander George) Gently of the Yard.

😉

• hibbit

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:54 AM

where did bobby end up yesterday ????

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:56 AM

Bobby

Glad to hear that number one son got himself fixed up.in a job – he’s done well to get a start and a foot in the door of working life. It’s a good start for the lad and I’m sure that with you behind him to keep him.on the right track, he’ll go from strength to strength.

Please wish him well from us all.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Bobby…..that’s some powerful ju-ju you got there. I’ve just spent the last 45 minutes in bloody Clarks!!!

• martoon

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:10 PM

Lascelles sells – I can’t agree, whenever I watch Stones there is always a mistake in him. I think he made 2 last night whereas the unheralded Jones was solid. I’d rather see Cahill than Stones

• RobLeenio

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:11 PM

Tosun, it was me wishing you all kinds of shoe-related ill-will. I’m feeling a little guilty now, but won’t let it keep me down.
    😉

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:16 PM

The Mag have some first hand info on tickets for the preseason friendlies

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM

Lesh
    So who is Vera on the Blog ?

• lochinvar

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Well at least the Boxing Day and New Year fixtures will be intact. Doubt The Trains will be . Premier League clubs will have a winter break in February from the 2019-20 season, the Football Association has announced.

The break will be staggered across two weeks, with five matches on the first weekend and five the following weekend.

The FA Cup fifth round will be moved to midweek to accommodate the break, with replays being scrapped at that stage.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:32 PM

Posaa.

Beardo should go for his coaching record alone, which frankly is and has been appalling over a long time. The upheld racism and bullying verdict is a separate issue, but I don’t think many people with Beardo’s record would still be in their job.
    Still my favourite all time NUFC player though.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Watch highlights of Merino playing for NUFC last night and was struck by how similar a character he is to Rob Lee in the way he plays the ball.

• lesh

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:35 PM

lochinvar

Vera’s not Jane for sure.

Tenacious, intuitive, outwardly tough with a soft underbelly, I’d say Bobby’d be the one to play that role. However, there could be a need for re-gendering. On second thoughts, Columbo might be more up up his street.

For Cluseau, there’s no better than Jiblets!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Martin

Although Cahill is a very good defender and he and lascelles would be some force there wouldn’t be much vision or creativity, I would have thought with lascelles beside him talking as he does he could improve stones awareness, in todays game I think having a ball playing centre half is a big thing since the transition for breakaways is becoming ever more important, Stones still young and will improve, with Cahill at 32 or so is at the backend of his career and since it appears Southgate has a young squad I think a partnership that potentially has 4 more world/euro cups at least in them

• The next Mike Williamson

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:42 PM

Drinkwater is your typical English midfielder. We seem to produce thousands of talentless grafters in midfield. We could send out an army of Hendersons, Barrys, Milners, Livermores, Delphs, Drinkwaters and just bore the opposition to death. If only we could produce someone similar to Alonso, Xavi or Pirlo, someone who doesn’t just do the obvious.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:45 PM

Managed to get up at last. Loch & Co, I must be Clegg I think. I sat in my chair giving the orders, so sounds like him. 🙂
    We ended up going to Osmotherley. Those Moors are something else. Stopped first in the pub where you used to sign the book for the Lighwake Walk(?).
    My mate made some jellies out of a shot of uzo, a drop of 100% vodka to increase the absorption and pure cannabis oil.
    I’ve never laughed so much in my life. 🙂 Everything was just hilarious. We truly must have looked like a scene from Last Of The Summer Wine, four old blokes behaving like kids. Best day I’ve had for years.