Striker’s Value Will Keep Increasing With More Goals – Video

Aleksandar Mitrovic scored some crucial goals for Serbia in qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.

And he has continued his excellent goalscoring form by scoring a hat-trick last night for Serbia against Bolivia.

Serbia easily won the game 5-1 and as well as scoring three goals Mitro also had an assist – not a bad day’s work for his country.

Every goal the 23-year-old scores from now on will only add to his transfer fee.

If he has a good World Cup – which now seems likely – heaven knows what the fee will be for the Serbian striker this summer.

Aleksandar Mitrovic – in action for Serbia last night

Serbia’s first World Cup game is against Costa Rica, and that’s a game we will be watching.

There’s a slight chance that Rafa Benitez may want to keep Mitro at Newcastle after his terrific goalscoring form this year at Fulham.

But it looks like the manager has already made up his mind on Mitro and wants a different style of striker to lead the line at Newcastle.

Two promoted clubs – Fulham and Wolves – are both interested in signing the striker, and it seems Mitro would be pleased to stay at Craven Cottage long term.

Here’s the video of the game and Mitro’s goals.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:52 AM

Still think it will bite us on the backside when we do sell him. We bought him as a very raw young striker and he is developing well, he’s scored more than 20 goals this season for both Fulham and Serbia.

Rashford on loan is paper talk imo but if there was substance to it then he himself as a striker is very raw and far from being a player to lead the line.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Freddie woodman got another keeper of the tournament. Always thought he’ll establish himself as a top keeper and will do so with us or elsewhere.

• Toondog2

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Ronaldo @#1
    I do agree .
    I do wonder why he isn’t part of Rafa plans though.
    Seems strange that we are looking for a striker to lead the line when we have one .
    But hey what do I know.
    Rafa must have a cunning plan !

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Toondog…something would suggest for whatever reason that Rafa just doesn’t have faith in Mitro.

He has never really been a starter under Rafa…he does well for Serbia and he actually did quite well under the circumstances the first season when he came here…

• Toondog2

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM

Quiet on the blog this morning or is it boredom waiting for any sniff of more signings
    I hate the waiting until the new season starts

• DaveD1000

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:25 AM

I think most are ignoring the wild speculation on signings for once

• toon kk

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Mitrovic has quality’s there’s no doubt about it but would he have scored as many in the premier league I doubt it.
    Our players lifted there game after he moved out. I think Rafa may have seen him as a bad apple. Who knows.

• crawfordm

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Im afraid he will be on his way – its obvious Rafa does not like the player ( picking Joselu constantly in place of Mitro) A good world cup will see his value double. Would like him out of the premiership as he is decent in a system suited to him !

• jimmygscot

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Woodman couldn’t get a game for Aberdeen for the last 7or 8 games of the season which is very disappointing when he was sent out on loan for game time.
    Good to see Mitro scoring lets hope we can cash in.

• AncientC

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM

I see Jib has been up to his cowardly old ways again. He likes to get an off-topic retort in after my posts to him when he knows I am not around on the blog.

Jib, how many times do I have to embarrass you when it comes to your ‘expertise’ over the financials. For goodness sake, you thought Benitez would have £100 million to spend after the club got relegated lol. What a dullard. I actually cannot recall Jib ever making an accurate statement when it comes to club financials, well, I lie… he has started figuring wages into club costs, but that was only after he had it explained to him first.

Jib

May 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM

“Mark my words.

We will take in some young’uns and freebies.

BUT
    of established players we will bring in no more than four – at a total spend of about £50 million.
    Rafa will not want to shake the side up too much in one fell swoop.

He will also want to see how we cope up until the winter window .

Then he probably do the same – four new faces for about £50 million.in January 2018.”

Jib: “It is so apt that Ancient C has Jezza as his avatar
    His grasp of financials is about the standard of Corbyn’s ex
    Diane Abbott.”

Jib, feel free to point out where I have demonstrated glaring mistakes when it comes to conversing about the club finances. Like I have said to you on many occasions, ‘in your time,’ no hurry… I know you don’t like to be rushed for a credible answer.

If you need any more examples of your financial blunders, just ask. I am sure I could oblige.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Anybody interested in setting up a World Cup Fantasy Football league? I created a team and joined a league elsewhere but was wondering if there’s any interest in the lads on here doing the same.

Makes watching the games a little more exciting if your player is taking part 🙂

• Jib

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM

Of the 3 relegated sides the only
    realistic choice of forward that Rafa
    would look at is Salomon Rondon
    and lo and behold that is who the
    Sunday papers have plumped for today

• AdoptedGeordie

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:40 AM

Why are we selling this guy, young nufc fan getting regular international experience good goals record in the championship popular with the crowd it seems crazy to me, give him another season as a regular starter

Also why aren’t we persevering with Armstrong giving him another 3 year contract and organising another 2 years of good loan deals for him, then when he’s 23 let’s decide if he’s good enough

• AdoptedGeordie

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:42 AM

Sell joselu I’d keep gayle Mitrovic Perez and buy another striker to replace joselu, maybe Rondon 16 million and please can we buy shaqiri as well

• AdoptedGeordie

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:47 AM

Buy shaquiri, Rondon, Kennedy loan drinkwater, need a cb and a fb and then we would be good to go for a high mid table finish 12mill, 16 mill, 20 mill, wages 22million left for the defenders for total 70 million spend plus money back from sels, mbemba, joselu, colback, saivet, maybe 15 to 20 million for those 5 so total spend 50 million, nice