Newcastle Meet €10M Release Clause For Besiktas Midfielder

The Turkish press are reporting that Newcastle have met the €10M release clause to sign Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Oyzakup.

We have been linked with the 25-year-old Turkish International for some time now, but the Chronicle have also reported their sources are saying Newcastle have no interest in the player.

Haberkarakartal.com are reporting that Newcastle will pay €10M for the player and stress that Rafa Benitez wants this deal done quickly.

25-year-old Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Oyzakup

Rafa is keen to sign a playmaker this summer to add competition to the Newcastle midfield.

And the Turkish press have been reporting for months that Newcastle are interested in the 35 times capped Turkish International who is said to be keen to join the Premier League.

Rafa wants competition for Ayoze Perez for the number 10 role this summer and it would seem like for €10M Oguzhan Oyzakup would be an excellent signing for us.

Oguzhan Oyzakup was on Arsenal’s books back in the 2011-2012 season and played twice for the first team before he moved to Besiktas in the summer of 2012.

In the six seasons he has been at Besiktas, Oyzakup has played 219 times for the Turkish powerhouse with 27 goals and 50 assists.

Let’s hope this report is true and that we can get Oyzakup to Newcastle; sometimes the Turkish press get a little bit over-zealous in their reporting.

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM

Yes, please – though that probably marks me as a Mackem in Jail’s eyes according to some weird logic.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:54 AM

Firstly, why do people keep saying Henderson was making backwards/sideways passes last night? Were we watching the same game? I was surprised to see him make several forward passes, and he even had a shot on goal!

Secondly, we’ll not get VAR decisions for the same reason that we won’t win Eurovision – too many nations hating the English! It’s going to be a case of us having to make our own luck, like last night. If we didn’t get that second foul on Kane, then we’re not getting much in this World Cup I’m afraid lads.

• Grafton83

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:54 AM

I hope Rafa knows what he’s doing, In Europe Oguzhan achieved no goals and no assists in 6 appearances, no goals but 4 assists in the league and no goals but 3 assists in the cup. Is that enough, will he be able to reproduce the same or better in the prem. I’ve got question marks.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:55 AM

RobLeenio,
    Eh, I just asked where you were from,
    aarons,
    I find it very strange that an Englishman would be happy to see us exit the WC, each to their own I suppose, you wouldn’t be sitting at my table in the local boozer though.

• Pottsclock

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:03 PM

I too was pleasantly surprised at Henderson’s play last night..he did get the ball forward much more than I was expecting.
    For me, would rather have Rashford playing than Sterling – especially against the lesser teams. Yes, I love Sterling’s pace on the counter but Rashford really asks questions one-on-one with defenders…and is a good finisher. I am sure that there are aspects to Sterling’s game that I do not see. Nice to have some competition in the team between the better players.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:03 PM

Jail
    On this table of yours, do you have people sitting that support teams other than Newcastle?

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Jail, why question it though? What triggered the question? Considering you were querying Ronaldo Aarons’ national loyalties in the same breath as you wondered where I lived, it seemed distinctly pointed.

For what it’s worth, I lived in Northumberland for 5 years as a child and North Tyneside for 18 years (so far) as an adult and I have no intention of leaving. That’s more than 50% of my life and counting living in the North East.

• Moonraker15

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Chancel
    Henderson was ok but he doesn’t have the quality or vision going forward to make the telling passes for our front men.
    The other basic mistake we made was leaving 3 at the back most of the time when Tunisia only had 1 up front. We needed the extra man in midfield. If either Jonjo or Wilshere were in we would’ve created more chances and not relying on penalty shouts.

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Second half yesterday, i recall that the commentators were saying that we needed someone in the middle to get there foot on the ball to control play and another time mentioned how they need a midfielder to get the ball forward quicker.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:10 PM

ronaldo aarons,
    Of course I would, I’d have a German or Italian or a mackem at the table, nothing to do with other teams.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM

RobLeenio,
    You said Mum, not a term often used in the North East, that’s all.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:12 PM

For the record, I’m not saying I’d rather have Henderson instead of Shelvey for creativity. Henderson serves his purpose as a DM, but I’d rather have Shelvey for picking out runs behind the defence.

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:13 PM

Potts, re Sterling he is good on the counter, which will be great when we’re playing teams that leave space at the back. When playing the likes of Tunisia who set up to defend, he’s ineffective, as is Vardy.

I agree Rashford would have been the better option last night for his ability to beat a man or draw in several defenders and release the ball to others. He’s likely to be the better option vs Panama too and possibly against Belgium, depending on how the group is set at the time we play them and therefore if they need a win or not.

If Belgium come out and play, Sterling could destroy them

• ronaldo aarons

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM

Jail
    I don’t see any difference between club or international alliegences so me not liking the England national team shouldn’t be different to someone who doesn’t like Newcastle.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM

Rolando aarons – I can understand someone saying they don’t support an English club team in the Champions League, especially when they usually have so few actual English players in the team. But to say you’d actually be HAPPY to see England eliminated is downright weird for me to read.

I get that people can be indifferent towards the national team, but I just can’t see how someone who claims to be English would take pleasure seeing them get knocked out of a World Cup. Why does that scenario give you joy?

• Spoof

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM

ronaldo aarons

You say you don’t support England yet you say the commenters were saying “we needed”, should that not have been “you needed” lol

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:19 PM

Jail, ahhh fair play, yep I did and yep, my kids also call their Mam ‘Mum’ but with a Geordie accent (odd) because that’s how I always refer to her and she has never corrected them. I had a Geordie accent when I was 9, it disappeared when I moved South with my family.

Apologies for being prickly, should have just asked why you were interested.

• NUFCadon

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:20 PM

I think Henderson had an OK game. He was more positive then usual but still not a Shelvey. Having said that, I think the forwards and wing backs were poor and give him little option to go forward. Tripper was great defensively and had good energy but needs to be more attacking going forward and make runs down the wing, same with Young. They seem to get there too late and are not busting a gut to get that ball down the line and whipped into the box. Kane did his job for the goals but basically stood still up top for 80mins, there was no runs or movement from him to get the ball. Maybe if Shelvey was there players would make more runs but I think evern Shelvey would have struggled with what the team give him

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Jail – I picked up on the ‘mum’ thing too. Stood out like a sore thumb for me. Maybe he went to private school or something? 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:27 PM

aarons,
    I can understand why people have given up on the England team, I don’t go and buy a shirt at the beginning of a tournament anymore, but to say you’d be happy for them to get knocked out is a sleight against your country imo.

• jayphoto

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Be thrilled if we signed Ozyakup! Genuinely an upgrade on what we have, a ball player too! Hes a leader also, good in the dressing room etc
    Always quite liked Turkish players in the premier league, have that bit of skill and fire

• Ron Knee

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:36 PM

It would be “mummy” in that case.

• RobLeenio

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:38 PM

NUFCadon, the wing backs didn’t make runs because there was no space to run into in the 2nd half. Same with Kane’s movement. Shelvey wouldn’t have made much difference IMO, just as he struggled against packed defences in the Prem last season.

The Tunisians changed their whole tactical set-up in the 2nd half to negate the way we were playing in the first. They deserve some credit for that, though it killed the game as a form of entertainment. I nearly took up heroin before Rashford came on just to numb the pain….

• jayphoto

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:39 PM

@Jail – quite like this england team.. its not perfect (id have taken Lascelles and Shelvey) but Southgate has shown he actually has the spine to make big decisions, its also the first time probably since the first few games of the capello time that you can see England actually have a style they are trying to implement! Wouldn’t surprise me if they got some momentum and topped the group, personally I can see them having a make or break game in the quarter finals.
    Interestingly.. Germany losing to mexico could mean coming 2nd in our group would see us in liklihood face an easier game in the QF than if we topped the group. (Results depending coming second would see them play Colombia/Poland and then in all probability Mexico or Serbia whereas topping the group gets you a QF with brazil)

• kc2012

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Chancel

Henderson made a lot of backwards and sideways passes last night. Even the commentators mentioned it. He played well and did his job very effectively but there was times he could’ve played it forward and just didn’t. Maybe you watched a different game like you say

• lesh

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Rafa Benitez wants the deal done quickly and the player is keen on the move is he?

We’ll, the quickly bit might prove problematic. By the time Charnley sends his requisition chitty to Barnes he’ll find him to be out of office and uncontactable for a week or so.

Assuming the requisition gets past Barnes, it’ll be sent to Ashley who’ll also be out of office and uncontactable.

Assuming it gets to Ashley, questions will be passed down the line then answers passed back to Charnley, the target’ll have been signed by another club. That being so, we’re back to scratching around the clearance sales before the window slams shut!

But, we can relaxed certain that the approval process is designed to ensure we don’t sign players who won’t add anything to what Ashley described as not being a championship squad.

Another step towards the departure lounge for Rafa?

• Moonraker15

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM

I like the look of this deal and we need an option to Ayoze, who’s not exactly pulling up trees!