Reports – Turkish Club Outbid Porto For Chancel Mbemba

Portuguese outlet O Jogo is reporting that Chancel Mbemba is still not a Porto player yet.

Chancel has agreed on a contract but Porto have yet to agree with Newcastle on a fee for the 23-year-old DR Congo defender.

This move has been dragging on for a couple of weeks now and it could be that Chancel has set his heart on playing at Porto and in the Champions League.

It seems an excellent move for the talented defender.

However, until Newcastle get the fee, they want this deal could be held up for some time yet.

Chancel Mbemba – Turkish club Trabzonspor interested

Desporto are reporting that Turkish club Trabzonspor have come in for Chancel Mbemba and lodged a bigger bid than Porto.

However, the deal with Porto is reported to close by the end of the week – but we’ll believe it when it happens.

Newcastle want £8M for Mbemba and Porto are said to have bid 6£M so a bid of around £7M could possibly close the deal for Porto.

Chancel Mbemba has been at Newcastle for three years and we signed him from Anderlecht for a fee of around £8M.

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM

hibbit

Pity no photos from the late sixties!

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:57 PM

Swemag, very decent player mate. I posted a video of his a few weeks back when we were first linked to him and his range of passing is exceptional.
    Of the players we’ve been allegedly linked to, Sisto is top of my list, but as, with the rest, it’s probably not real. Shame though, I’d take him in a flash.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:08 PM

A reminder of Sisto and what he could bring to SJP.

• Son of a Geordie

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Sisto was quick no doubt.
    Daniel Arzani was the highlight of the match. I’ve mentioned him before on here, sign him up now Rafa?

• Son of a Geordie

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Arzani has the potential to be better than hatem on the ball without the attitude

• Harper-NUFC

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Afternoon all, with it being silly season and being linked with 2668495 different players, I think genuinely no one has a clue who Rafa is truly after this summer.
    However after doing some digging on previous players he has been linked with across his times at Napoli, Real and us are any of these players realistic targets for us:
    Hector Herrera
    Marouane Fellaini
    Javier Hernandez
    Thomas Vermaelen
    Maxime Gonalons
    Andre Shurrle
    Pepe Reina
    He’s been quoted saying he wants to add experience to our current squad this coming season, all these players would cover that and whilst not any being world beaters, I think they would all add another dimension and quality to our current team.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Wow, the blog never ceases to amaze. Jiblets, despite spending most of his tome installing satellite dishes in Denver, living in Benidorm, Marbella and the North West of England just happens to be in a restaurant at the same time as Charnley, Jonas and Collocini and sitting so close to them he can hear what they’re talking about. Was he translating for his guests Stephen Hawkings and Bryan Ferry?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Not just once but on a few different occasions???

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Giroud starting for les Bleus.

• Optimistic Panda

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:29 PM

My only question today is, why is a classy bloke like Jonas doing hanging round in the same establishment as shit heels like Charnley Colo and Jib, was his illness not punishment enough?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM

OP,
    I don’t think he was, just a bit of fabrication from Jiblets Mitty!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Bobby
    Interesting discussion on Northern Soul
    Bigger now bigger in and around the Toon than it was on the seventies
    Bishop Auckland was the nearest hot spot up hear
    Still collect Noryhern Sole and Rare Soul vinyl
    Heard and liked Motown a lot up hear
    This Old Heart of Mine was and still is my fav Motown single of all time
    But when I heard
    Afternoon of The Rhino by Mike Post Coalition that woke me up to Northern Soul
    When not watching the Toon
    Use to get the Wright’s Flier bus on a Friday Night from Marlborough Cresent to Blackpool on a Friday night
    Happy days – still love and play the music and can backdrop
    Keep the Faith

PS – Condition Red – does some great postings on Facebook – Northern Soul, Soul music with clips from the scene and info history on the artist the record and present day venues
    worth checking out

• Optimistic Panda

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Jfa

Aye, that blokes had more claims than Admiral insurance.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Charlie, my favourite Motown record is between Barbra McNair ‘You’re gonna love my baby’ and a record I broke on the scene Martha Reeves – ‘No-one There’.
    First played it at Aycliffe all nighter around 75/76. Kept persevering with it until it really took off at Warrington Parr Hall in the mid eighties! Took some breaking but it’s massive now.
    My favourite all time record is a very obscure Jimmy Rae track ‘For the sake of love’.
    I’m enjoying the more obscure stuff now from the early sixties, what’s being described on the Northern scene as R&B.
    I believe the final all dayer at the Lancaster Suite is on later this year, so I’ll probably show my face there for as long as possible. They play oldies in the main hall but there’s a side room upstairs for the more obscure rarities and R&B as they call it. Probably find me up there with big Hoss and Trusty.
    Started going to Wigan about 73/74 and just carried on. Don’t get to many venues now because of my physical issues but like to show my face here and there when I feel up to it. 🙂

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:16 PM

Bobby
    Barbara McNair – some voice also Baby AGo-Go class
    I myRington’s Tea man also DJs at the Lancaster Suite –

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:18 PM

Bobby/Ron/Micky et al. Dammit, I’ve been out and missed a great discussion about the days of my youth. I was (am) a great fan of soul and collected a lot of 45s from the 60s. I tended to buy the more remote tracks because I got fed up with the stuff that got thrashed to death on the radio, (wireless) I found I preferred the more obscure ones anyway. Brenton Wood, Major Lance, Chuck Wood, Darrell Banks etc. Strangely, one of my favourite tracks was a mix of “The Night” by Frankie Valli. Who’d have guessed. The Cellar Club in South Shields was a great place to hear Soul, especially if you caught a lad called Ian Hart. He had a great collection. I was (am) a fan of all sorts of music and me and my pals used to get to the Mayfair quite a bit. We saw the “New Yardbirds” on their return from the States in Oct 68. It turned out to be the First British Gig of Led Zeppelin. Mind blowing.
    As it happens, the Cellar in Shields was a terrific venue for 60/70s groups too. We saw Cream,Jimi Hendrix,Taste, Soft Machine, The Who and more. Great Days. Mayfair,gone,Cellar Club gone. It’s sad.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Small world Charlie 🙂

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Tosun

Did you ever see a local band called One More Mile at the Cellar – late sixties?

• DubaiMicky

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:28 PM

Great memories from the Cellar Club in Shields :- http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/cellar-south-shields-2/

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Tosun, The Night, Frankie Valli, on Mowest Records, another Motown subsidiary label.
    I saw Major Lance at Wigan Casino in 75. He wasn’t meant to be on but they had the licence for a live act that night and brought him on as a surprise guest. Brilliant performer.
    Frankie Valli was one of only a few white acts to perform for Motown. Kiki Dee was another – the only English performer to sign for Motown Records. (Bit of useless information for you!) 🙂

• hibbit

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM

ron did you ever see the kingbee’s at the grand at pelaw ????

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Ron…..I rarely missed a gig at the cellar but can’t picture One More Mile, although I do remember the name.

• Bobbybee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM

Not obvious the football situation is quiet is it? 🙂 Anyway, I’m away now. Cheers for an entertaining day chaps. Been a pleasure.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Micky, if you scroll down that link to Jimi Hendix, There’s a head right in front of his Strat. That was me. I was deaf for a week after that. I got his autograph!!!

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Bobby….font of information today !!!! Have a good rest.

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:39 PM

hibbit

The Grand was my local flea pit – Saturday matinees. Then it bacame a bingo hall. I didn’t know it had live bands!

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:40 PM

Tosun

They were originally called The Some Other Guys.

• hibbit

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Ron Knee on a tuesday night between 63/66

• Jib

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:49 PM

You can tell it’s February in S Shields by the
    ganzee that Noel Redding is wearing

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:49 PM

hibbit

I used to go to a church hall in Hebburn that held dances every Saturday night – mid-sixties. Then I discovered that place in Percy Street!

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Ron…I definitely remember the name Some Other Guys. Were they doing the same circuits as the Sect, Gas/Jazz Board etc?

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM

Jib…I think he was struggling to grasp the image of the Experience!

• Ron Knee

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Tosun

Just googled it. The Some Other Guys were regulars at Burn Heads Rd, Hebburn. They played R&B, then changed their names & played blues à la Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, etc.

• hibbit

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Ron Knee
    was that mark tonys or milburns oyster bar ?????

• DubaiMicky

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:57 PM

So, from the past month or so’s conversations, it would appear that we’re all 50+ “gammons”, who think the 60s/70s/80s were the best.

Great banter marras.

• hibbit

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM

Tosun A. Wobbler
    never heard that name for years The Sect had big following at one time

• Jib

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM

Are you experienced
    is part of the soundtrack to my time at Uni
    Whenever I hear Foxy Lady I’m straight back on campus
    that and the Incredible String Band – strangely

• Jib

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:03 PM

Greg Burman
    and
    The Juncos are the two I recall

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:03 PM

Which campus Jiblets, Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard?

1 2 3 5