25-Year-Old Transfer Target – Newcastle Very Interested In Signing Me – England Is My Dream

Some good news today that Newcastle target – Red Bull Salzburg playmaker Valon Berisha – has said on Norwegian TV that Newcastle are “very interested” in signing him this summer.

And it looks like Berisha is keen to come to England and play for Rafa Benitez as he said it his dream is to play in England.

Berisha was born in Malmo, Sweden and brought up in Norway where he played for Viking for two years before moving to Red Bull Salzburg in 2012.

The 25-year-old is of Kosovo Albanian descent and has played 10 times for Kosovo.

That’s after he played for all the Norwegian youth sides and has 20 caps for Norway.

But in 2016 after Kosovo became an official FIFA member, he elected to play for them and was granted clearance by FIFA.

Berisha is a creative midfielder (just what we need) and has also seen interest from both Liverpool and Sampdoria.

Rafa interested in 25-year-old Red Bull Salzburg playmaker Valon Berisha

Rafa wants a creative midfielder with talent who can play in the number 10 position, and Berisha seems to fit the bill.

While at Red Bull he’s played 233 games with 45 goals and 65 assists and those are good stats.

He’s been interviewed by Norwegian TV station TV2 and talked about Newcastle’s interest and also that of Sampdoria:

“They’ve been following me for a long time. There is an interest there, but there is nothing on the table that I have to decide on yet. England is the dream and we will see what it will be like.”

“Now I have come to a position where I might be on top of where I can be in a club like Salzburg. It may be time for a new step.”

“I feel in a way that I’ve gotten the best in the club now, and then it’s time for a new challenge. That’s what has always been the goal. It was the same when I grew up in Egersund and wanted to stay there.”

“Then I came to Viking and took a big step in Tippeligaen. I would be best there, then take a new step. I have done the same thing I’ve done in Salzburg.”

“They (Sampdoria) are very interested. I have to make a decision about it when I have made a decision with the family.”

“But I know they are very interested in picking me up,”

“I’m a much more complete player, both in the defensive and offensive part of the game,”

“I’ve gotten a lot stronger mentally, given that I’ve been playing a club that must win the league always. They) must, must, must win the league.”

“There is a much greater pressure. And when you get used to pushing anyway, it will not be a big challenge when you reach the Europa League and will play against big clubs. You fear no opponents.”

Berisha would fit right into the Newcastle side and raise the standards immediately.

He was a star for Red Bull in reaching the semi-finals of the Europa League last season before they lost 3-2 on aggregate to Marseille.

He would be an excellent signing for us – but Newcastle have to be ambitious and aggressive to get him to Tyneside.

Hopefully, we will put in a bid for Berisha very soon – what are we waiting for?

Well, maybe we don’t have the money to buy such a good player?

Where have we heard that before?

• c-dog

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Bargain basement crap

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Did I honestly read, from the ignoramus that is constantly belittling folk for their perceived lack of footballing nous, that Serbia and Switzerland would find their level in the top ten of Championship. The same two teams who beat last times semi finalists and the other a credible draw with one of the best teams in the world. So on Jiblets reckoning, Derby County could make the World Cup final. How utterly deluded this former public schoolboy must be to not realise how ironically stupid he actually is.

• jazzyp

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Jail

You certainly did buddy, And to boot our local Spanish matador has become an overnight ITK .He has claimed we are signing Imbula and then has just stated we are after the Italian kid from Juve.
    Both defensive midfield players and would cost in the region of 30 million for both there services

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Let’s not forget West Auckland.

• TheJimBelow

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Jail

It’s like listening to the rantings of a misbehaving toddler on a sugar rush who literally has zero clue about football, or possibly a drunk adolescent on her period trying to cause controversy and/or start an argument.

Unbelievable

• TheJimBelow

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Jail

What HE said, not you!!

For the avoidance of doubt lol..

• bettyswallocks

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Just logged on to be amazed by Jib’s statement that Serbia and Swirzerland would lose to Wolves. I’m utterly speechless as I know he meant what he said.

• TheJimBelow

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:51 PM

On another note, best wishes to Enrique.
    What a horrible sounding condition and a gruelling ordeal for anyone to suffer.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM

The JimBelow,
    The first would be Jiblets himself, the other you mentioned was jane.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:56 PM

Jib has now really become a prime candidate for natural de selection .
    It’s sad to see the demise of someone that would occasionally say something interesting but then quickly pick himself up and carry on as if nothing had happened.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:56 PM

swallocks,
    He’s going to eventually realise how stupid of a statement it was and claim he’s been hacked again. Expect some bitter venom first mind.

• jazzyp

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:06 PM

Cracking start for Belgium

• jazzyp

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM

I wonder if Belgium would have a chance against the big top ten of the Championship

Hahahaha what a plank !!

• Lindisfarne

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Belgium getting into their stride.