Can Newcastle Really Sign This Top Chelsea Midfielder – Fans Have Their Say

Newcastle have been linked with Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer but with his good form for England and extra exposure at the World Cup in Russia, it will be very difficult for Rafa to get the 22-year-old to Newcastle.

And that’s either permanently or on loan.

Rafa picked Ruben out as a future star 18 months ago but couldn’t get him signed on loan and the player spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace.

He would be terrific for Newcastle – no doubt about that.

But until Rafa signs a long term contract and Mike Ashley either sells or opens up the checkbook for Rafa – then Newcastle will continue to struggle to sign top players in the transfer market.

That’s the sad truth.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek – would be tremendous in the Newcastle side.

Here are some tweets from Newcastle fans about the young player and a few of them are even being realistic.

What!!

🙂

• lochinvar

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM

RobLeenio@2(previous)
    “Other reasons are available”

Succinct and so very right

• lochinvar

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:23 AM

I’ve heard that Ashley has created a new transfer category.
    It’s not buying
    It’s not loans

It’s called borrowing.
    Charnley goes to clubs in tattered rags pleading “for the lend of a player. We’ll look after him, honest. If it doesn’t work you can have him back after 30 days providing you have a receipt. “

• cyprus

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Loan with first option to buy seems an excellent approach to do business. Yes you pay a high salary but then you can safely send home if he isn’t up to it.

There are hundreds of examples. Imagine if we’d bought Slimani for 20-30. We’d be stuck with him. Mitro looks a much better player right now.

Hope the latter gets a proper run till Christmas.

• Oldgit1

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Been thinking that Lingard didn’t really turn up as a player until he was 24, so wondering is Armstrong a simular youngster who is a late developer and at 22 we also could have a future England senior team member.
    He came through the ranks for England and would seem to be a Southgate type of player and he likes players who come through the system. So can we keep him, he still has two years of his contract to go so I believe it’s a no brainer.

Also he has just got engaged so maybe this will calm him down and focus him on football more.

• cyprus

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Oldgit
    Really haven’t seen enough of him to judge but what you say makes sense. Maybe there’s a bit of a Shaqiri there and he’s definitely a handful.

Same with our young keeper. No need to be looking for Another one. Dubravka will do for next year, then bring on the young un.

• AncientC

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM

RobLeenio, so why does Jib use the term “geet lush” and why is Jib and Jeff In Benwell the only people that have typed it that way on this blog?

• lesh

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:58 AM

In regards to the transfer inactivity and near total silence from Rafa or the club for a few weeks, I see two potential reasons for that.

1 – sale negotiation in progress

Or

2 – Ashley’s playing silly buggers with Rafa after the latter went public with his ambitions for NUFC. I can imagine Ashley blanking Rafa and leaving things to Charnley who’s got little or no authority for signing off major spend. As a result, Rafa’s in the dark over transfer budget, shrugged his shoulders and taken a ‘well, it’s your club Mr Ashley’ and is sitting tight.

The result of 2? Our better players get itchy feet, uncertainty prevails and that coupled with a very tough start to the season leads us into a,season long relegation struggle and Rafa’s departure – either pushed by Ashley before the winter break, or leaving,at the end of the season.

Oh, and nearly forgot – Ashley screwed up yet again!

• DubaiMicky

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM

lesh, I think we all hope for the former, but can see the latter happening instead.

It’s the hope that kills us.

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM

AncientC, I have no idea why no-one else has used it on here, but Jib says he’s from North Shields, Jeff in Bewell is presumably from Benwell. The phrase is pretty much endemic in Shields at least, I couldn’t speak for Benwell, I just didn’t want you to embarrass yourself with assertions which don’t actually make any sense.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:05 PM

To be honest I don’t see Rafa going in to this season with his future unresolved…if it’s not resolved by season start and he’s still here it’s bwcause he thinks it can be resolved!

• AncientC

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:07 PM

I don’t see why the club would need to wait until the 1st of July to push through transfers. A selling club surely wouldn’t have an issue agreeing the sale of a player with the payment forthcoming on the 1st/2nd of July. Most clubs expect to sell players in installments anyway, so getting it all upfront a few days down the line negates getting it over 4/5 years.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:10 PM

Unless the club has been working hard in secret and is just waiting for the July money to come in before it announces 3 or 4 players at the same time…..

Yeah I know thats how a “Big” club would operate and we can only dream

• Tsunki

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:12 PM

Sorry Rob but Ancient is making perfect sense here.

I was scanning through the mornings posts and also found Jibs “geet lush” statement an odd one. I was going to ask him who on earth had said anyone was “geet lush” when i stumbled upon Ancients canny detective work. It may very well be a saying around Jibs parts (ahem) but he and the infamous Jeff from Benwell are the only ones ever to use it and indeed spell it identically.

Just FYI, he called himself Jeff from Benwell not because he lived there but because it was the name of a phone-in caller who he found to be hilariously yet unfortunately intellectually challenged.

• AncientC

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:13 PM

Robleenio, I think I can look after myself thank you very much. Like I claimed, “the evidence keeps mounting” against Jib’s vehement denials that he is Jeff In Benwell. Jail recently demonstrated some examples of Jeff’s grammar fingerprints recently, too.

If you can find another instance of “geet lush” being typed on the blog, and attribute it somebody other than Jeff or Jib, by all means, I don’t mind being corrected.

If you want to speak about embarrassing yourself, maybe you shouldn’t call Asian Newcastle fans “freaks,” but that’s just my opinion, Rob.

• Tsunki

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:15 PM

Theres another saying that goes along the lines of :-

“To be a perfect liar, you’ve got to have a perfect memory” 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Jeez, this witch-hunt is mind-numbing. I wonder why on Earth people go seeking out confrontation with Jib when he’s not even been on the blog for a couple of hours. It’s nauseating. Feel free to call him out when / if he steps out of line, but to actually go after him for using a standard North Eastern phrase that another blogger used in the past is just perverse.

I do often wonder if Jib is more sinned against than sinning, certainly he attracts what seems to me to be far more than his share of opprobrium.

And I didn’t call a group of Asian fans freaks, I called a group of generic fans freaks, regardless of their race. Maybe I shouldn’t have done so, but it was a funny photo which I drew attention to. How dare you imply that I’m racist?

Honestly, to think I ever thought to defend you and your avatar… It’s very obvious to me that you stir up far more than your fair share of poop on this blog.

• AncientC

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Yes, the problem isn’t that Jib lies about his identify due to being permanently banned from the blog—I wonder why that happened, another “witch hunt” maybe—and holds open season on attacking other bloggers.

Jib is many things, but a victim, he certainly isn’t lol.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:29 PM

From Ed, when we were last looking for a manager (pre-Shteve)

“And there’s no way Rafael Benitez would come to Newcastle, since he wants to keep buying big players every summer, as he amply demonstrated when he was at Liverpool – but he has done well at Roma and has them 3rd top at the moment.”

“he wants to keep buying big players every summer”

I’m amazed he’s still here to be honest.

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Also, who really gives a rat’s ass whether Jib is really Jeff from Benwell, the Tooth Fairy or my Auntie Brenda? Honestly, get over yourselves and concentrate on the footy rather than some petty and long-standing vendetta.

• Dagwoodz

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Not sure if RLC is the answer to what we need. I haven’t honestly watched him too much, so forgive me if the question is a little naive. Would he be able to function as a 10 in front of Shelvey and Diame?

• JohnJ

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:04 PM

Thought I’d offer insights into “Geet Lush”

I’ve lived and worked in this area (North Tyneside) since I was 12 years old and recall hearing former work mates at Wilsons Garage in Whitley Bay using the expression “Geet Lush” back in the early sixties (One was from North Shields and another was from Shiremoor) so as far as I’m concerned it’s long stanting Geordie Dialect and the meaning is “It’s Great or fantastic”.

• MassiveG

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:46 PM

———-Decent striker———
    Zaha——Shaqiri—-Arnautovic

no tracking back so not the Benítez way but would be devastating