Good Reasons Why Newcastle Have Chance To Sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek On Loan

The Telegraph is reporting Chelsea will not be selling Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer, but he could be allowed to go out on loan.

The final decision on a loan this season will be made by incoming manager Maurizio Sarri who will probably join the Blues on July 1st.

The Metro is reporting that Sarri could be announced within the next 48 hours as Chelsea manager with details on Antonio Conte’s compensation the last thing to be sorted out in what has been a complicated situation.

22-year-old Ruben Loftus-Cheek – now starring for England is Russia

Chelsea see Loftus-Cheek as a long-term player for them, but they also said that about Kenedy and Tammy Abraham last summer.

The 22-year-old England International is unwilling to sit on the bench at Chelsea next season (who can blame him?), and he will likely go out on loan again after just completing a season-long loan at Crystal Palace.

The player has three years left on his contract with the Blues, and the best chance Newcastle have of getting him is because of the way Chelsea youngster – Kenedy – was brilliantly managed by Rafa Benitez this year.

Loftus-Cheek could benefit for a season under Rafa, but maybe all that would do is raise his price in the transfer market.

It’s not likely Chelsea will allow an option to buy clause in the loan contract.

And Chelsea will not loan him out to one of the top six clubs who will compete with them for the Premier League title next season and Newcastle finished 10th last season.

So we pass that hurdle rather easily.

🙂

Rafa has contacts with Chelsea, and he did a brilliant job with Kenedy this year which is why the Blues may prefer Ruben go to Newcastle next season on loan.

Hope so.

Newcastle can only get one player on loan from Chelsea next season and if we cannot buy Kenedy this summer (we should pay out the £20M and sign him!) the 22-year-old Brazilian would be the first choice for a loan deal – ahead of Loftus-Cheek.

• lochinvar

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:01 PM

Don’t think Ed missed it , he chose to ignore it to give us a rest from speculation.
    Didn’t last long
    lol

• Reilly

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Rafa has arrived at St James’.

• Tsunki

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Plenty of time for our regular Ingsticles yet.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Jiblets claiming he speaks Basque now, only 900K speakers in a world population of 7.4B, and he’s one of them. I wonder if he speaks it as well as he does Dutch and Extramaduran.

• RUNAWAY777

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:09 PM

Real Sociedad have edged closer to signing Mikel Merino after the Newcastle midfielder said yes to a move to the Basque club, reports AS.

La Real were in advanced talks with Newcastle last week over a €12m deal and were only lacking the player’s consent to the move.

The 22-year-old is open to a transfer to the LaLiga club and is expected to sign a five-year deal with a €40m buyout clause there not as daft as our lot running this club €40 BUY OUT CLAUSE FFS

• Reilly

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Lee Ryder
    @lee_ryder
    1m
    Benitez believed to be at SJP for a general meeting about the summer so far. He will meet with club chiefs this afternoon ahead pre-season training next week.

• Reilly

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:11 PM

Short meeting then.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:12 PM

I can say Good Morning, afternoon and night and how are you in Serb/Croat learned from Serbs and Croats I used to work with, it does not mean I speak the language.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Be careful Jail
    Your pal Mr Tuff has already looked like a dick
    today – don’t join him

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:18 PM

“Hands up all those who realised I was saying the place name was in Basque”

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Jiblets,
    I can quite happily make myself look like a dick everyday for the next month and it still won’t make me look a big a dick as you did the other day with your ridiculous comment on Champo level international clubs. Ha ha ha 😀

• lesh

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:23 PM

RobLeenio

Your use of ‘official’ in the context of the accounts and party line, was noted at the time I read your post. Surely you’re not suggesting that Ashley’s trying to pull the wool over our eyes? Nah, never (it says in the NUFC style guide).

As far as an exclusivity period goes, I believe that business can be conducted – provided that it’s agreed by the parties involved in any take over negotiations. A minor personal point but if you’ll remember, PCP had offered to fund transfers by way of a loan but Ashley refused.

And Jib

You’re a little early putting posters down – have you not noticed that Robleenio’s been trying to mitigate any criticism that’s levelled at you?
    Going on the way you are won’t help him at all. Perhaps you really are a lost cause.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:28 PM

lesh, I’ve not been trying to mitigate any criticism at all, I just found one poster’s use of a standard North East phrase as proof of ‘multiplism’ to be a bit off key. When I pointed it out, he attacked me so I responded. In the end it turned into a wider conversation about how contributors are treated on the blog which I think was useful.

This morning and last night, there’s been loads of contributors you don’t see so often joining in, which has to be a good thing.

Jib’s a big lad, he can look after himself, but him responding to unprovoked criticism from another poster (Mister Tuff) surely can’t be criticised.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:30 PM

Thanks for clarifying the exclusivity period arrangements, although just because something can happen in theory (as in agreements to fund purchases of players) doesn’t mean it will happen in practice.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:31 PM

Lesh it wasn’t a put down – it was a humorous retort
    Unlike you Robleenio doesn’t need a smiley to keep
    him right.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:35 PM

Also, very interesting that Rafa has appeared today of all days.

Just for continuity (and because I’ve gone so far down this path at this point I may as well continue) It’s been 31 days today since the Balague interview with Rafa was aired in full, so that is the duration of the communication black-out.

Is it happening?

If so, expect Rafa to be in meetings today discussing how any news will be broken, with an announcement to come tomorrow.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:36 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Jiblets,

So you think Panama would win the Championship ?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:37 PM

RobLeenio,
    Considering your blog history had you thinking that Jeff from Benwell was in fact from Benwell, I’d go easy on who you accuse of unprovoked attacks, unless of course you’re now officially appointing yourself as blog adjudicator and from now on pulling Jiblets up for his unprovoked attacks.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Jib,
    No, they were almost conference level, Rio Ferdinand said as much.

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Also, how often do you see Rafa at St James’ on a non-match day?

• DubaiMicky

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:39 PM

RobLeenio, #19, jeez we can only hope.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Jail
    It’s a blog
    Folk make a comments

In fact there’s a big “Leave a Comment”
    just above where I’m typing

If you leave a comment that I think is stupid
    I’ll respond – and vice versa.

IT’S NOT UNPROVOKED YOU PILLOCH

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:43 PM

There’s little point in Rafa going to
    Benton he’d be talking to himself

• hibbit

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:43 PM

RobLeenio, #19
    don’t hold your breath mate !!!!

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:45 PM

Jail, are you telling me that I don’t know what I’m talking about and I should be careful what I say? That’s what it sounds like.

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:47 PM

It would be an interesting exercise to surmise
    how well various national sides would fare in
    the English leagues.
    I personally think we’d be surprised how badly
    some highly rated teams would do in the PL

Denmark – National League North

• Jib

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:47 PM

ha ha ha

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:50 PM

hibbit, yep I know….

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:51 PM

RobLeenio,
    Not at all!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM

RobLeenio,
    Jib called me a pilloch, in capitals as well, can you have a word please.
    😀

• Ron Knee

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:55 PM

Jib

PILLOCH? Strange spelling?

• Canuck Mag

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:59 PM

Season ticket renewal window extended to July 2…wonder if we will get that big july 1 announcement we are all hoping for

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM

Ron, please don’t be about to continue with “BarryFish 1892 used that spelling back in 2007, therefore you must be him”, I’m begging you…

😉

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:04 PM

Canuck, interesting but I don’t see any news anywhere. Where have you heard that?

• Ron Knee

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM

Rob

Can’t stand the suspense, huh?!

• RobLeenio

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:24 PM

OK, the season ticket extension is on the Chronicle’s live page.

The club are expecting some news to be released before then, obviously

• chicousa

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:32 PM

DubaiMicky @24
    Aren’t you the one who always reminds us that it is the hope that kills us? 😉