Newcastle Outgoing Deal Reported To Be Close

Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba wants to move to Porto and play Champions League football again and it would appear to be a good career move for him.

Chancel has already agreed terms with the Portuguese Champions and already signed a four-year precontract deal and is all set to join Porto.

Newspaper O Jogo is reporting today that they think the deal will be made official soon.

Mbemba has already turned down former Belgian club Anderlecht and Turkish club Trabzonspor because he is determined to join Porto.

As seems usual with Newcastle there is a disagreement with Porto on the transfer fee for the talented defender.

23-year-old Chancel Mbemba – wants to move to Porto

But Porto want Mbemba – he is said to be a priority signing for head coach Sergio Conceicao this summer – and he is definitely surplus to requirements at Newcastle.

Rafa has hardly played him since he arrived on Tyneside so he will not be missed.

Newcastle and Porto have been talking over the last few days and Porto want to pay €7M and Newcastle want €9M.

So maybe a deal can be made for €8M and Newcastle can then move to bring new targets into the club and sell other players we don’t need.

€8M is around £7M – we paid Anderlecht about £8M for him three years ago and it seems Newcastle want their money back on him.

There are 38 days left in this transfer window and Newcastle have lots of players to sell and new players to bring in.

So there’s not a lot of time left and we know Rafa is keen to get his new players in soon – which may mean we have to sell players like Mbemba first.

• chicousa

Jul 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Will be sad to see Mbemba leave. He played well in several positions when called upon. A “Swiss army knife” of a player!

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Ron Knee
    Hazard hasn’t done much yet.

I think that may be a sarky pop at me

cheeky monkey

I asked for it.

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM

chico
    Don’t mention swiss army knives
    We’ll have that nutter – bladeuser
    coming on head-butting everyone

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:04 PM

I see Brazil have a player called Fagner
    Did he write the gay version of Tannhäuser ?

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM

RobLeenio, I’d agree it’s not necessary for a striker to score prolifically, but only when your wingers and number ten are banging them in. Atsu, Ritchie and Murphy got 4 between them I think, and Perez was on 2-3 until right near the end. Shelvey only got one and Diame couldn’t have had any more than 2. In our case, I’d say our striker has to be a goalscorer.There’s not much point in holding it up for a bunch of players who rarely score.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Some might not like what this guy’s written – especially his conclusions – but there it is……negative, warts and all.

• lesh

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:11 PM

Jib

Ever thought about displaying your comedic skills in private? Or even to audiences at the Brighton Festival or during its Pride week? Your act’d go down a bomb!

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Lesh
    Do you realise how pig ignorant it is to post
    a link to a rival blog – peasant

• Optimistic Panda

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Lesh

The lad nailed it, cant really disagree with anything hes saying.

• Optimistic Panda

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:28 PM

I hate Neymar, what a tool, my eight year old nephew would cripple him in a tackle.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Please do not mention commertators when Jib is about. He’ll end up trying a commentary using rugby and netball terms, which is all he knows and we won’t have a clue what he’s on about.

• Pottsclock

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:40 PM

That should have been a scrum with a Mexico “puy in”

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:43 PM

try
    put in
    or Putin
    😀

• chicousa

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Looks like several Brazil players auditioning for roles in Brazilian soap operas! Neymar may have already clinched a starting role for his OTT performances! 😉

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:45 PM

Mister Tuff
    Please do not mention commertators

I think Mr Tuff actually thinks they are called commertators

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Mike from earlier, absolutely agree we didn’t score enough goals across the park last season, which is why Rafa is upgrading elsewhere first.

This is why we have been linked with so many wingers and midfielders, why he allowed Atsu to have his operation before the season finished and why we may start the season with the same strikers we ended last season with in Gayle and Joselu. After all, if we can’t get an upgrade for value for money, we’re better off upgrading elsewhere.

It may not be sexy, but pragmatism got us to 10th last season, it can probably get us higher next season.

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Now Mexico are out we may just make a move for Hector Herrera

• lesh

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:53 PM

Pig ignorant? That’s priceless coming from you, you who seems unable to make a constructive contribution without reference to Google!

• lesh

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM

Jiblets

Since when has The Mag’s been a rival blog? What the hell you talking about, it’s another NUFC focussed one hardly a rival.

If you were truly interested in the health and growth of this one, you wouldn’t post on it.

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:01 PM

On the matter of commentators my surgeon after an ear operation explained that it’s all about pitch and that it could be that I wouldn’t hear my missus as clearly as I used to because my range of hearing had been compromised. She’s said for years that I’ve never listened so nothing new there.
    However as an example how would you like Sarah Miillican commentating on a match with her high pitch ? Probably we need to turn up the Bass and turn down the Treble then sorted.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:09 PM

I’ll be honest, I was skeptical of Alex Scott on the BBC highlights shows, but she’s been intelligent, insightful and informative.

The ITV coverage has been pony from day one.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:18 PM

Can’t believe the Chronicle is running a story on Everton backing off on their pursuit of Lascelles. As if that was ever a story in the first place.

How can they run a fake story based on an earlier fake story and hope to retain any kind of credibility?

As G2 would say, Harumph!

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:20 PM

RobLeenio
    See what you mean.
    Just caught the end of the Brazil game then faced with O’neill and Bilic pontificating. Off button.

• beermonkey

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:23 PM

lesh

please dont encorage jib to come to brighton
    i think he is more suited to the Edinburgh fringe

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:29 PM

It would be cool if they got

Olsen , O’neill and Bilic to
    play Catchphrase after the footy

• posada

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:43 PM

I’ll have my say on women as football pundits.
    If you want to be totally PC and fair you probably can’t argue against it.
    Some of them are good and better than the fellas in terms of the content.
    Lets face it some of the male pundits are not that great.

My point would be this. What about the customer watching. If Larsen or Bilic make a comment I can relate to it. They were ex players and managers who took part in this.

I have never watched womens football. Never have and never will. Consequently I have no idea who they are and cannot really relate to their input.
    Perhaps that will change over time, as they become better known for their punditry.

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:45 PM

This
    took place at the end of September last season
    I wonder what date this one ?

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:47 PM

Olsen = Larsson

• GeordieTwo

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:07 PM

I feel very comfortable going into the new season now that we have Ki So young in. We have now solidified a 13th-16th place finish! Beautiful. And on a free! Mike will be so pleased. Lee can close off any further contacts with other clubs as we are the real deal now lads! Huzzah!!!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Don’t worry aboot scoring lads. So Young will get 2, and errrm JonJo will get 3, and Gayle will get 5 and errm ah yes Perez will lead the line with 6! So the pressure is clearly off. Phew!!!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:11 PM

And some of you were saying we needed a decent striker! Ridiculous. Look at those stats above. As long as we get a clean sheet in every match we’re top 6 for sure…. (he says nervously licking his lips).

• GeordieTwo

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:14 PM

And we’ve got big, big money coming in. Let me show you how: we get 7pounds 50p for Ginger Jack, and errm 8pounds for Hoser Loo, aaaannd possibly as much as 5 pounds for Barlaser! Don’t spend it all on one player Rafa mate!

• Tramp

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:17 PM

Afternoon Jib,

it would be helpful if you could break down/explain the joke at comment #4.

I think there’s possibly a homophobic slur in there? But before reporting you to Ed and having you removed from the blog I would just like to make sure I’ve not misread anything.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:17 PM

I’m getting my NUFC League Champions 2019 flag made as we speak!

• Lindisfarne

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:19 PM

Yes lochinvar, we can hear you!!!

• Lindisfarne

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:20 PM

2020

• Jib

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:21 PM

Tramp
    If you are so stupid a slur has to be clarified
    Then by definition it ain’t a slur.

I wonder which multiple you are ?

My guess is Lesh

• Lindisfarne

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:22 PM

lochinvar

Good point well made (twice) and saves be berating the sexist comment made earlier.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:25 PM

posada are you Patrice Evra?!!

• Moonraker15

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:25 PM

I was wondering who would be the first to comment on the Brazilian right back’s name!
    Not very subtle and a bit obvious Jib! No doubt Miranda is gonna get it next!