Newcastle – The Perfect Club Players Can Be Proud To Play For – It Has Everything

When we heard that 29-year-old Ki Sung-yueng was coming to Newcastle on a free, it looked like a terrific acquisition for Newcastle

Ke is the current South Korea captain and an experienced player in the Premier League for Swansea, and he’s a talented technically astute player.

When we watched his nufcTV interview, we liked him even more and were surprised he knew so much about Newcastle.

But there again he’s similar to DeAndre Yedlin and played on loan at Sunderland for a season, so he knows just how massive a club Newcastle are.

29-year-old Ki Sung-yueng – excellent acquisition

We really think Ki could surprise a lot of fans by his talent this coming season and he has already played alongside Jonjo Shelvey while at Swansea.

So Mo Diame will have some fierce competition next season, but Mo was just unbelievable for us this year.

Diame will know he needs to play to that high standard to keep his place in the Newcastle starting lineup next season.

Ki can also be a valuable sub for Newcastle next season because of his great versatility and experience and should get lots of playing time.

This is some of what Ki has told nufcTV:

“When I was young I knew Alan Shearer was playing for Newcastle, so of course I knew the club,”

“When I won the bronze medal in the London Olympic Games, my first game was in Newcastle. It was a great memory.”

“When I came to the Premier League, playing against Newcastle was always difficult. It’s difficult play against the players and the fans.”

“Every time I came here to play against Newcastle, I felt real envy because of the fans.”

“I know there’s a big history with the club, and of course I played in Sunderland.”

“So I knew the massive rivalry with Sunderland. That’s why it made an easy decision.”

“This is the perfect club that players can have pride as a football player. Everything – fans, facilities – is perfect.”

“First, I have to play well to get support from the fans,” “That’s the first priority as a player.”

“Of course, there will be difficult times, but I know the supporters will be behind us.”

“I’m really looking forward to playing in front of big fans. “I just want to make sure I show my quality to the fans.”

Ki also has leadership skills, and we’re glad to have him on board.

He should be back at Newcastle after a holiday where he can recharge his batteries back home in South Korea.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:25 PM

Nice to see a bit more urgency with our movement now. I assume the July payments have come in from the Premier League that has kick started a lot of the news over the last couple of days across the league overall. If we are in talks for Plea at £25 or so mill then that would add weight to Mitrovic moving out quite soon, and possibly Ritchie (who i would rather we didn’t sell)

For me most exciting is Luke Edwards’ Telegraph report suggesting we are pushing for £20 mill Kenedy deal with him keen to come. That would be a great transfer, ambition with broken record, player who we know and can Improve, player who is keen to play for us. Triple threat signing and would lift spirits no doubt.

• Ben Afri

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:26 PM

I’m sure he’ll be given every chance to succeed here. I like his attitude.

• martoon

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:36 PM

I often wonder how many negotiators we have at NUFC? If we’re negotiating with Chelsea, Palace and Nice as well as outgoing transfers is it different negotiators or the same people multi-tasking? If we do have all these people negotiating what do they do most of the time when the window is shut? :mrgreen:

• DubaiMicky

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM

It’s being reported that Mitro has gone for £20m, breaking Fulham’s previous record (£12m or so).

Good luck to him.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:53 PM

Hope Plea is better than the last French ST we bought, he better be for 4x the price.

Can’t say he looks like an obvious hit and at that kind of money would much prefer Dembele from Celtic who has a style and characteristics very similar to Demba Ba.

• hibbit

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:01 PM

what jib spreading FAKE news never

• RobLeenio

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:02 PM

Jib, it could be anywhere as Schiphol is a hub, but I take your point – Anderlecht seems likely with his tail between his legs for dropping them for Porto.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:02 PM

Lots of conspiracy theories going round today. There is one that nobody appears to have mentioned, possibly the most probable one.
    Perhaps Rafa is waiting to see if the club does buy these players and therefore demonstrates the kind of ambition he has for the club? Then he would agree to sign a new contract, as everybody wants.
    Sorry if that’s not convoluted as some, but it seems the most likely to me. 🙂

• jukitsu

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:06 PM

I’m not sure about selling Ritchie, because he is a leader and he always gives 100%. Townsend and Kennedy is tempting idea but still rather see Ritchie in first team.

• RobLeenio

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:07 PM

Bobby, Occams Razor – whichever is the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

There are always exceptions though.

I’d be happy with that mind – if it happens, we get good signings and a signature on the dotted line from the Manager. Win win…

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:10 PM

Be fair. Jib ain’t spreading fake news. He’s sharing something he believed to be true. We’ve been there before dozens of times. The original post is possibly deliberately fake and they should be censored for that,but sharing news on Newcastle is surely welcomed.
    Think we should all calm down a bit. You too jib, for the earlier comment about selling the club. Tit for tat never gets us anywhere.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:14 PM

Forgot to add the smiley face before anybody takes me too seriously. 🙂

• lochinvar

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:15 PM

If Mitro is going then Fulham can afford £22-£25m after his World Cup performances when their owner has £800m to buy Wembley.

Ritchie is our Mr. Motivator fuelled by adrenalin and energy which would be a miss if he was to leave.

• lochinvar

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:18 PM

Bobby – I’ll buy Into to that thought. Rafa stays if the transfers are done rather that Rafa stays then waits to see if the transfers might happen.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:19 PM

There’s, no such thing as standing still when it comes to football. You’re either moving forward or you’re moving back – usually quickly. Sometimes sacrificing players has to be done for the good of the club. Ritchie’s a fan favourite but if Rafa thinks Townsend is an upgrade then he has to do as he sees fit as manager. No place for sentimentality in football unfortunately and Rafa has a ruthless streak.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:22 PM

Loch, that’s about it mate. That may well have been the reason for the meeting. Ashley wants Rafa to sign a new contract so Rafa might have said ‘go get me these players and i’ll sign’. It would show Rafa that the club had a bit of ambition and give him the reason to sign he’s searching for. He does want to sign, he just needs a reason.

• lesh

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:23 PM

So, there you have it. Ki’s convinced that NUFC is ‘The Perfect Club Players Can Be Proud To Play For – It Has Everything’.

So what’s Rafa been on about when he’s been asking Ashley to commit to upgrading the training facilities, the academy’s infrastructure and signs of ambition from Ashley?

• L Toon

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM

The last french striker we bought was only bought because fatty wouldn’t pay the 15 million for lacazzette. Even carr said rivierre was excrement. If plea is the striker rafa wants then we have to trust his judgement. Were told all our inquires have been quoted 18 million plus so now that mitrovic looks to be on his way, things should start to pick up. In terms of rafa’s assurances, he will find everything out. everything he needs to know about fatty”s ambitions when the window shuts.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:31 PM

Ki had to say something and I guess it’s the best option between that quote and “I came despite the fact that the training facilities are below par and the owner’s a tightwad”

• lesh

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:32 PM

Silence is an effective way of manipulating opinion. It creates a vacuum and those waiting for information tend to either be sceptical or develop positive reasons to explain it.

Some seem to be forming the belief that this supposed spurt of supposed recruitment activity’s down to Rafa seeing the club’s first into the transfer market as demonstration of the ambition he’s asked to see before he signs up.

Rather than subscribe to that, I’d rather wait and see who comes in, who goes out and what Rafa’s thoughts are before applauding or otherwise Ashley.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Lesh, maybe he knows something we don’t know? 😉
    More likely though is Rafa has a long term view for the club. Sooner or later the facilities need upgrading and the sooner it’s, done the less the outlay.
    Our facilities are not pants, they’re just looking dated. They need doing and it makes financial sense to do it now if Ashley intends to hang around. No sense if he intends to sell. You don’t fill the petrol tank just before selling a car after all.
    Bear in mind Ki has just come from Swansea. Signing for us after that must look like a huge upgrade to him. 🙂

• lesh

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Whoops

club’s first into = foray into the transfer market

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:42 PM

I think that’s what my first post said Lesh. Get me these players first, then I’ll sign. He’s not daft enough to be conned by a show of intent is he? He’ll want the players he asked for signed up before he signs anything imo.
    I might be wrong – won’t be the first time, nor the last – but it makes more sense than paying people to post on here. 🙂

• DubaiMicky

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Bobbybee, we can but hope marra – sadly it’s the hope that kills us.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:59 PM

Micky, indeed it is! 🙂 But sometimes under Ashley hope is all we’ve got. I can think of no other reason Le Knacka would splash the cash. All I’m doing is being devil’s advocate, I have no more inside info that the next bloke – which is zilch. 🙂
    We know Ashley wants Rafa to sign. We know Rafa wants to sign, but also wants some ambition showing before he does. Ergo my explanation because it makes sense.
    Maybe using common sense is my mistake where Ashley is concerned though!!
    If Ashley wants Rafa to sign maybe he has no choice but to show some ambition.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:02 PM

Sorry been in the garden

The story is fake
    not the pic
    DOH

He’s clearly at Schipol

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:08 PM

lesh
    Silence is an effective way of manipulating opinion

lesh
    any chance you could try and manipulate our
    opinion – say for about a year or two.

• Oldgit1

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:08 PM

Perhaps a blogger can enlighten me on the phrase buy-back clause which Chelsea is insisting on if we purchased Kenedy.

Is this to give Chelsea the option to purchase this player back at the price we buy him for, surely that is making the player a loan player and reduces any profit we could make from him in the future.
    Or is it a case of them having first refusal.

I can accept the current trend of wanting a 20% buy on clause or whatever the percentage agreed.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM

Bobby
    I didn’t proffer any news , just asked the Q
    where he might be headed.
    It could be The Toon from the Congo for all I know.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:13 PM

Oldgit
    First refusal at the market price at the time

• DubaiMicky

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:16 PM

I thought a buy back clause was a stated figure (at time of contract signature), not a market figure.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM

I’m pleased I’m watching this game on the BEEB
    and not with a Spanish commentary
    I always get these 2 mixed up in Spanish
    Suecia
    Suiza

• RobLeenio

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Oldgit1, yes it’s first refusal and (I believe) expires after a time. The clause would be at a price to be agreed at the time based on market value.

Therefore, if we didn’t want to sell, we wouldn’t have to, but if we wanted to sell then they would have first go at reaching an agreement with us.

Also, I think we would be obliged to sell to them if they matched the offer from any other club.

• Oldgit1

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Thanks all. A bit clearer on.

• Bobbybee

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Jib, that’s why I said you weren’t spreading fake news pal, just raising a question based on what was printed. Wherever he’s going let’s hope we get the money in the bank quickly.
    I’m all for people sharing info on here.

• Jib

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:21 PM

DubaiMicky
    You are right it’s fixed
    Usually a much higher figure than the original fee

• Jib