Ecstatic Fans Swarm Twitter – Go Nuts With News Kenedy Coming Back

Newcastle fans have taken over Twitter with the news tonight that Kenedy will have a medical tomorrow before he signs a season-long loan deal.

And there is an option to buy in the contract – but what that transfer fee will be – we have no idea.

Chelsea wanted a straight deal done this summer but Newcastle couldn’t afford it.

We can only suspect that Rafa’s dynamism persuaded the Blues to do us a favor and loan the Brazilian to us next season and we can then buy him next summer – all being well.

Kenedy – after scoring against the Saints last season

After all, Rafa did win the Europa League for them when he was caretaker manager back in 2013.

The Blues fans may not appreciate that but the Blues’ hierarchy certainly does.

This is almost the perfect deal for Newcastle – to get Kenedy ion is unbelievable.

Here are some tweets.

Kenedy on his way to Newcastle – that’s Pete Graves of Sky Sports with him in train – maybe?

Excuse the language – he’s excited.

This little lad will cherish this picture with the boss – Mr. Newcastle – also known as the great Rafa Benitez

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:47 PM

Anyone else starting to get a little excited?

• TyneMouth

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM

It’s been a good day, it’s beginning to be a lot like Christmas.!

Kenedy’s ‘coming home’

… and it looks like Brexit is going down the Sunderland road of self destruction! Wonderful…

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM

Sorry for the repost guys but was trying to catch Bobbybee for a discussion lol and all these late night threads appear… Ed must be excited firing all these articles out against his regular routine! 🙂

Bobbybee @ 63

I’m thinking the same as you, I would suggest the loan is a safe bet to ensure Kenedy wasn’t just a 6 month hit and 20m is a lot of outlay, if we have him a full season and he maintains/improves then it’s great value to buy (if we get a clause in there). I would suspect the loan fee will be high to offset risk on Chelsea’s part, because if we don’t buy and his value plummets they still made a few quid. For all the good he done last season, he was just as bad a couple of years ago at Watford. Let’s see if he does it for a full season here then pay the big bucks. I personally think he will fulfill the potential he has shown and an option to buy safeguards both scenarios.

He also may not want to commit without Rafa committing too, so he may have a part to play in this.

I also suspect a high loan fee might be in the offing given the fact he is having a medical tomorrow.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:51 PM

I finally caught up yay… Sorry about the random reposts 🙂

• Optimistic Panda

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM

Is there any Chelsea players out of contract we may snap up?

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:56 PM

LCBP

I got so excited I started posting on dead posts… Couldn’t get my head together. I don’t really care what way Kenedy comes as long as he’s playing football at SJP next year I’ll be delighted.

Hopefully we are clicking into gear and if there is little money to spend on Kenedy then the positive side of me is thinking what is the budget being held back for… Is it the takeover Rob keeps alluding too or a smacked out of the park striker… I live more in hope than expectation though, it gets me through, I don’t waste many thoughts on Ashley, he’s undeserving of it!!!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:01 PM

Great, but it only puts us back about where we were at the end of last season. We clearly still need a minimum of three more equally good players in. Very keen on another quality starting winger, a 10 and of course a proper EPL centre-forward, and at least one more, probably two, either in midfield or defence, depending on what role he hands Hayden this term.

Happier and reasonably confident, but still plenty to do.

• lochinvar

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:01 PM

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Repost – not used to having to run for the bus at this time of night….

jazzy, that’s a proper tease, isn’t it? We can only loan two players total and only one from a single (PL?) club so any deal for anyone else from Chelsea would have to be permanent.

Loftus Cheek is very unhappy there, but I’m not sure where we’d play him although it would be a nice problem to have. David Luiz would be great to have for a couple of seasons to pass on his experience and he’s close to Rafa. My pick would be Batshuayi. Long term target for Rafa, did well with Dortmund (7 goals in 10) last season before damaging his ankle ligaments. And it would give me an excuse to watch him smacking himself in the face with the ball vs England over and over.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:09 PM

What loan players did we have under Shepherd and Hall?

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:09 PM

Nicky

If we’ve just remained now from last season it’s still in and around what others have done, Brighton and Huddersfield have been busy and the promoted teams but they haven’t bought anyone of note really, they seem to be bulking out their squads rather than getting in first 11 players yet.

Rafa is calm, as I think he is waiting for the merry-go-round to start, it hasn’t kicked off yet… But it will imo!!!

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:14 PM

Jail, I don’t remember us having a single loan player in then, but it was a different era, the big clubs didn’t hoover up all the top young talent between them.

• G

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM

JFA@10. Louis Saha? Wouldn’t pay the extra 1m for him though. Helder?

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM

Nicky, we may have remained where we were last season, but look at the progression in the team throughout that season due to Rafa’s coaching. While the squad may be similar looking, in terms of talent it’s streets ahead of this time last year and Rafa will be working his magic through the full pre-season programme. And we still have a full month for further reinforcements.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:18 PM

Where those south American lads under SBR not have loans, that’s all I can think off Bassedas, Acuña and another one who’s name I can’t remember? I may be wrong

• Bobbybee

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:20 PM

Lascelles, maybe Rafa told him something he hasn’t told us yet – or even Ashley. 🙂
    I couldn’t imagine Chelsea not putting that clause in, not with his contract running down. It made no sense at all.
    I think we’ve got a star on our hands mate, I really do. He’ll be even better this season I reckon, got him down for double figures already. 🙂 Chelsea do keep doing this, but I have no sympathy. They hoover up all the talent and some don’t get chance to shine. Others leave and blossom whilst Chelsea go out and buy more ready made players, leaving the kids to rot. We’ll paid but wasted imo. Shame.
    I still think Rafa gave them a challenge. Back me by getting these players signed and I’ll sign that contract. Doing it this way makes sense and would show Rafa some serious intent, by committing to Kenedy next season and hopefully leaving funds for Townsend and a marquee striker.
    Either we’re in for an exciting summer and season, or a very angry Rafa. So far he seems to be smiling. Keep it that way.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:20 PM

Was Rush a loan from Leeds at the time, when he tried to have a Liverpool 80s reunion? Lol

• G

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:22 PM

Cordone was the loan I think you mean. Looked decent pre season. Sh1te in a competative game.

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:25 PM

Lascelles sells seashells did it – he mentioned the budget being frozen. Not me, I had nothing to do with it (this time).

😉

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:26 PM

Well, I’ve always been pretty confident we’ll end up with a significantly improved group this term compared to last, because of Rafa and the telly money, but we still have to realise it. Draughting in Ki, Dubravka and Kenedy is a solid start but no more than that, and we are still to see the club put its recently acquired assets on the pitch. Money in money out. Once I see that I’ll be happier. I do expect it to happen and of course, and we’ll need to spend it well.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:27 PM

G,
    Was that from Fulham or did he end up going there via Man U?

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:28 PM

I’m quite positive about the coming weeks Bobby, I really think something’s afoot, I don’t believe for one second Rafa could be gagged, too good a character for that, his bond with the fans is too strong, his demeanor suggests nothing negative at present and such an impassioned man would be scorn looking if it was going badly…

I’ll let the saga play out before I air my rants, I’m excited for sure at this time and I’ll remain so until the gaffer tells us bad news… Rafa I believe in, the so called owner not so much.

• Pottsclock

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:28 PM

Xisco felt like a loan signing as we never saw him play. Luque as well. For all the successes back then, there were also plenty failures.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:29 PM

Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore,
    A quick look on NUFC.com links will reveal all 😮

• G

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:30 PM

JFA, from Metz I think? Good couple of years before Fulham. He looked decent too.

• Pottsclock

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:31 PM

And I know – Xisco was Ashley era

• G

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:31 PM

… As did Helder.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Rob I chuckled at that… Your conspiracy has me on the edge of my seat just anticipating that curve ball actually happening!

G – Cordone it was indeed… Absolute garbage, on reflection… That hair do, what was he thinking with that limited talent! Lol

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:32 PM

Who can be the quickest Googlemeister now that Jib is asleep down at the bins with the looky looky men, Italian journalists and renowned doctors who have forgotten their keys to his apartment block 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:34 PM

Robson
    Sep 1999 Jose Rodrigues Alves Antunas (“Fumaca”)

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:35 PM

I’m actually excited by the reviews of this you’re kid too, has that not tingled anyone else, very much under the radar and a lot is expected, I’m thinking similar to embolo?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:38 PM

Dalglish,
    None

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:38 PM

Jail

I think you’re doing a damn good job as a the new googlemeister at this time… 2 names without reply 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:39 PM

KK,
    Feb 1992 Brian Kilcline Oldham Athletic

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:41 PM

Souness the tw@t
    None

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:41 PM

Lascelles sells, I’m keeping myself on the edge of the seat. More in desperate hope than expectation, but still…

Anyway, this is good enough news to keep me going for a couple of days. I loved that grin on his face on the Pete Graves Twitter post, he looks genuinely happy to be coming back. Great to have him in time for the Irish trip, too.

• G