Photo – Kenedy Arriving In Newcastle Last Night

After the excitement of learning last night that Newcastle had reached an agreement with Chelsea to bring Kenedy to Newcastle on a season-long deal next season with an option to buy – he was spotted arriving in Newcastle at the Central Station.

Sky Sports broke the news around 8:00pm last night and that basically caused pandemonium on Tyneside.

The signing of the season for Newcastle?

This lad was made to play for Newcastle – it will excite the fans and with Martin Dubravka, Ki Sung-yueng and Kenedy in – we will start with as good a team as we finished last season.

And still over four weeks for Rafa to bring in more good players – including strikers.

Sky Sports journalist Bryan Swanson put the shot out on his Twitter account.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:48 AM

It would be great if we’re buying any of those players at Chelsea…but are they any cheaper than Kenedy?

…or what’s the great catch here that I am missing?

• Ben Afri

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Rotonda

“Have to say I get really fed up with all these other sites saying NUFC should buy him, or hi-jack a deal for someone else and just continually give their random opinions instead of doing any actual reporting on anything with any substance at all.”

Just came across this post and I must say, I thought I was the only one it gets to! There’s also the headings that start with “Forget [insert name], Newcastle must buy [insert name] instead. Really annoys me and like you, I find it incredibly lazy, unimaginative and low quality writing at best.

• Ben Afri

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:49 AM

Appologies for piggy backing of your rant

• Pottsclock

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Drinkwater is one of the Chelsea players who I would expect to be leaving. I can’t see us wanting him or needing him now that we have Ki.

• Jib

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Not only did he get Kenedy right
    but
    Ritchie to Stoke City
    and
    Andros Townsend in
    are also mentioned

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Jesper, it didn’t go over my head, I just don’t know what downside there is in getting a ready-made highly respected, skillful and hard working member of the team in on loan ahead of Tammy Abraham. One is proven, the other is suspect.

One more time, this means we have more money to spend elsewhere while being able to defer our payment until next season. We don’t lose out, we have greater flexibility, potentially even to sign a Chelsea player permanently.

What would you say if we got Rashford on loan? That this is a shame because now we won’t be able to loan Ander Herrera?

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this, I would far rather look at the positives and celebrate it than wonder about the possible negatives.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:56 AM

Chelsea have lots of other young players that are available that we could potentially be after Rafa seems to track players for a number of years so wouldn’t surprise me if he has his eye on another one or two!

Abraham would potentially be someone I imagine he still wants he has the tools to do well for us he done alright at Swansea showed glimpses of quality! I mean he done better than Kennedy did at Watford!

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Potts re Drinkwater, completely agree I have mentioned him a couple of times. I thought he had a great season when they won the League but agree it’s unlikely to happen now we have Ki. We probably wouldn’t have paid his wages either.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Rob…excuse my bluntness here, but are you really getting the point I am trying to make here or are you just deliberately trying to ignore it?

• lochinvar

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:57 AM

What amazing luck !
    Bryan Swanson of Sky reports that Kenedy has arrived in Newcastle and by amazing coincidence there’s a Sky banner next to him at the station when casually photographed by a Sky reporter who just happens be going into the station at the same time who then spots another Sky employee Peter Graves walking behind Kenedy.
    And incredibly not another single human being in sight at this busy railway station.

My, what a small world we live in.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:58 AM

Kenedy in on loan with an option to buy is perfect, get him in and frees up funds for elsewhere.

Now can we start being linked with players of that quality for other positions please?

Kenedy is a clear upgrade on the LW, need similar clear upgrades at ST and no10.

Plea isn’t a clear upgrade and neither is Ings. I see Abraham has reentered the picture on social media – not for me, too much of the Welbeck about him, athletic and works hard but not much else.

Moussa Dembele is the ST we should be going for.

We haven’t been linked seriously with a single no10 yet which is odd.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM

No one thinks Kenedy is a poor signing…that’s really not the point I am putting up front here.

Let me ask you this Rob…do you think we intend to sign Kenedy? If so when and for what money?

• Pottsclock

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM

It is as simple as If we sign good players on loan with option to buy, it frees up cash to put us in a better position to strengthen the other areas we need – particularly the striker position.
    If we had paid cash for Kenedy without the loan, it would have given less flexibility to negotiate other transfers in. Particularly because clubs buying our outgoings will rarely pay cash – it will be deferred payments, so this deal improves our cash flow.

• Spoof

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Had a buy option been confirmed in the Kenedy loan deal !!!!!

• Mr Funk

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:01 AM

There is talk on twitter that it is just a straight loan for Kenedy – no option to buy!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:02 AM

Spoof…it’s definitely the talk of the town. Some reports says we cannot afford him.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Mr Funk…I think that’s probably more likely as well

• Spoof

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Jesper

I’ve heard a lot of various rumours but has there been confirmation about a buy option, if not then this is not a good deal, all it would be is a quick fix for this season which would lead to the probable outcome of us weakening the side for the season after as the chances are he would be out of our price range next Sumner, 1 step forward 2 steps back.

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Jesper, you’re wondering why we loaned Kenedy instead of buying him outright. You think this is a shame as it would free up a loan deal slot for another Chelsea player. You also wonder if the reports are true that we couldn’t afford him, which would point at financial mismanagement in the club.

I prefer to think that we have a plan, Kenedy is integral to that, if Rafa had to spend money on him now he would have done but he used his knowledge and experience to defer that payment to free up money to spend elsewhere. He may know that other Chelsea players who potentially cannot yet be signed (perhaps because of commitments elsewhere) are not available on loan but only to buy and if he bought both them and Kenedy that would leave him short of funds.

And yes, I do think we’ll try to buy him next Summer if he has a good season and I hope that we have a clause in the agreement to make that easier. How much for I couldn’t answer, it depends on too many factors and I’m not a psychic.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:10 AM

Seemingly my forgetting a change in loan deal rules fifteen years ago makes me a “footy” know nowt Jonny come lately, I can’t agree, however if I’d claimed that two teams that had beaten last tournaments semi finalists or drew with Brazil were no better than Millwall or Preston then……..

• Jib

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:15 AM

lochinvar, I think you get the blog award for sarcasm for this morning. 🙂

Very funny.

• Jib

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM

Fernando Torres has decided on a last big pay-day
    Moving to China

• barkel

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM

@Jib

I read he went to Japan, either way fair play to him, its a short career and he was pure class for a while, it was a shame for him he couldn’t live up to the £50mil price tag.

He would’ve been a good addition but I don’t think he has the legs for the premier league anymore and he would’ve been a very expensive asset to have sitting on the bench for 60-70 mins every week

• hibbit

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:43 AM

• Mister Tuff

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Hahahahaha. Tremendous comedy blogging this morning. Blog never fails to produce comedy posts especially by dim wit Jib.

Jib will now be checking a world atlas to see where China is – he’ll probably be on shortly saying it’s a city in Japan.

What a wassock. But a good laugh it has to be said.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Kenedy one side, Townsend the other, Murphy off the bench. Champion.

• Jib

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:48 AM

Now Mr Tuff I’ll say this slowly so you understand

I dropped a bollock thinking Sagan Tosu was in China

So , you thick – headed cretin , am I the Googlemeister

or not – even a dope like you can see I cannot be both.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:04 AM

Japan is great, Tokyo in particular, but Tosu really is a one-horse provincial town. Unless Fernando’s planning to devote a year to Buddhist transcendentalism, he’s made quite a large life mistake. He’ll be back in cool Madrid inside three months.

• Phil K

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:11 PM

The lad behind Kenedy is off Sky Sports isn’t he ?

• Phil K

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:14 PM

Mr Tuff, I fail to comprehend your desperate need to be brainlessly offensive to Jib
    With charm and lack of IQ so evident are you a regular poster on Newcastle Online ?
    You remind me of several on there.
    They all have severe ego problems too