It’s Official – Kenedy Signed On Loan For The Season

It’s finally been confirmed that 22-year-old Brazilian Kenedy has been signed on loan for the season by Newcastle.

The winger joined the club in January and had a fabulous time of it and scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in his 13 games for the club and helped us finish in 10th place in the Premier League.

Kenedy with new hair color – fabulous signing for Newcastle

The winger has already joined up with the first team squad in Carton House in County Kildare for a week’s training camp.

This is what the player has said:

“I am so happy with this interest from Rafa Benítez, that he came back for me,”

“I want to keep it going, the work that I did here before, for the new season.”

“I have received many, many messages on social media from the fans. They made me feel appreciated, so I wanted to come here in this new season and give everything on the pitch.”

Manager Rafa Benitez added this:

“I’m really pleased to have Kenedy back with us. I’m sure every fan will be happy with this signing.

“Hopefully he can keep playing at the same level that he reached with us last season. I wish him all the best for his time here.”

No word on an option to buy – that we can find at the moment – but a great signing for the club.

• Mag :P

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Kenedy!!!

What a guy. 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Right when can we get some more signings !?

• Offkey

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:24 PM

Someone said there were cameras going into the stadium today, seems as tho the reason was this

Newcastle United FDN
    @NU_Foundation
    44m
    Some early excitement @NU_Foundation this morning as we welcomed @StephenMulhern to St. James’ Park where he met up with a @NUFC legend! ? ????
    #buildingaunitedfuture

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM

This is what the player has said:

“I am so happy with this interest from Rafa Benítez, that he came back for me”

I wonder who decide which players we sign? I wonder who…

Disclaimer: the budget sets the limits of course

• SredniVashtar

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Munster (and all the other England bashers)

I have a huge amount of respect for your opinion but your criticism of English fans and our “arrogance” is frankly ridiculous – you clearly haven’t understood the English mindset this tournament (although that is fair enough if you don’t live in England and your main source of England-fan opinion is this blog and those sorry excuses for pundits on itv or the slightly better bbc ones). We never thought we would get far in this tournament so forgive us for getting wildly optimistic when we get to the SEMI FINALS (which we have only reached twice before in World Cup history!!!!). I don’t know if many people have misinterpreted this but the “it’s coming home” phrase is a complete joke – nobody actually believed it was “coming home” – I thought that was obvious when we started saying it after beating only Tunisia and Panama for goodness sake! We said it as a complete joke and when we started getting further than we thought we would in the tournament we dared to dream but nobody really thought we were going to win it. To be perfectly honest, the sense of optimism around this World Cup has less to do with the performance of England and more to do with Germany falling at the first hurdle – they are the arch enemy who always knock us out but with them gone there seemed to be hope! There were polls etc on the bbc website asking if England would win the cup and I voted and said they would – not because I actually believed it but because I (like the rest of the nation) am wildly optimistic and have your typical English-British sense of humour. For goodness sake we would play France in the final – everyone knew (but nobody said it) that griezmann and Mbappe and Kante and pogba would tear us apart (like they probably will to Croatia). I was not arrogant regarding Croatia – I knew full well what modric and Rakitic and Perisic (who took us apart) were capable of after they thrashed Argentina. The reason we all talked about them being “tired” is we were desperately looking for an excuse to be optimistic and keep this wild dream alive. Yes, we could have beaten Croatia but nobody thought they were pushovers (I secretly deep down in my heart of hearts thought we would draw 1-1 and lose on penalties – I guess I was kind of right!)
    The “belief” that England would win the World Cup is a nation-wide in-joke, I think typified by posts on Instabook and Facetube (or whatever they are) for example:
    “In 1966 Man City won the league, Burnley qualified for Europe, Chelsea finished 5th, Real Madrid won the European Cup – All of those have happened in 2018 so #ItsComingHome !!!!!”
    Or
    “In all of the quarter finals a team with seven letters beat a team with six letters. 6+7=13 and guess what phrase has 13 letters??? #ItsComingHome !!!!!!!”
    When texting or whatsnapping my mates if anyone was pessimistic and suggested anything other than England winning the World Cup they were shouted down and “it’s coming home” and “we still believe” were spammed in capital letters (in a completely jokey but nonetheless optimism-inducing and pessimism-crushing way)
    Back in 1990 we had a feeling of frustration and bitter disappointment because we were so close and could have beaten Argentina in the final had we got past Germany – that is not the case this time because there was never any chance of us winning it. This year there is disappointment obviously because the dream is over but there is much more of an “ah well, hopefully we’ll do better next time” feeling. Part of the optimism is hope for the future because I think there is a genuine chance that England could win the euros or the next World Cup in Qatar (if we can stand the heat!) because of the success of pretty much all of our youth teams and the likes of Foden and Sancho coming through (although they probably won’t be ready for the euros). But I guess my point is nobody expected anything even when we were in the semis

Anyway sorry for rambling but I have tried to capture the thinking of an entire nation! I hope I have conveyed how we all feel about this World Cup.
    I guess I have to say: Euro 2020 semis and final are at Wembley – does that mean it’s coming home???

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Hope we are closer to a new forward or two!

• DaveD1000

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM

here’s hoping Jesper….and soon

• Tsunki

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Jesper – Seeing as you’re here, plain and simple, no political sidestepping or fudging with daft accusations just answer the two questions so we can understand your agenda

1/ Who is responsible for the bad purchases?
    2/ What should be done about that person?

• Tsunki

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Exhausting read ha ha but good point Sredni 🙂

• Belfast

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Tsunki

Can he phone a friend?

• Tsunki

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:42 PM

I think he’s checking out 50/50 Belfast but he’s taking his time.

• Belfast

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:42 PM

Oh hold on… My phone is ringing

• Tsunki

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM

He’s in trouble now then…:|

• RobLeenio

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Rafa’s done a proper number on Kenedy. I remember distinctly him putting his arm round his shoulders at the end of the Chelsea match and pointing at the fans, presumably saying “you’re going to miss this”.

Rafa’s man management skills to the fore….

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM

I’m guessing it’s not arrogant then when England fans, pundits and journalists talk about avoiding Brazil in the quarter finals before finding out who they play before that out of Senegal, Colombia and Japan. Talking about ‘easier’ routes and as if certain matches are gimmes that you look ahead past them. For the first time in a long time england came to a tournament with little expectation and I liked that despite not caring for the national team at all. Nothing wrong with believing they can go all the way recently as that’s what football is supposed to be about.

• Pitmatic

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM

England were hamstrung by a lack of quality and depth in midfield last night. A bit unlucky with injuries as Lallana, Winks and Chamberlain would have been in the mix, and possible starters if fit. If a couple of the youngsters can step up, and Barkley rediscovers some kind of form, then there should be room for progress going forward. Shelvey deserves a chance if he maintains his form for us.

The defence looks the most settled area of the team, and Trippier was England’s player of the tournament by some distance. Walker’s pace in the back three was a huge asset, but he showed his inexperience in that position with three shanked clearances last night, the third of which was fatal. I’d stick with him though. A pity he didn’t get to test his pace with Mbappé in the final. Sessegnon could be one of the world class players we’re looking for at left wing back, with Maitland-Niles another who could break through.

Kane had a shocker last night, but then so did de Bruyne the night before. He’s still our single world class player.

Overall a very enjoyable tournament, and plenty to be optimistic about in the future (although how anyone’s going to compete with France and Mbappé for the next ten years is anyone’s guess…). I found myself full of pride for the two local lads doing so well, even if they played for the other lot. I hope I wasn’t the only one. And I hope a few have been eating some humble pie after the dogs abuse they gave Southgate before the tournament. He’ll have the job as long as long as Löw has for the Germans I reckon, and rightly so.