One In – One Out – That’s What Football’s All About

We were sorry to see Mikel Merino leave the club yesterday – he’s a young player who looks like he has the skill to become an excellent player in the future.

But he didn’t want to stay at Newcastle so there’s not much Rafa or the club could do about it.

But just before Mikel left us there was news that Rafa had managed to get a season-long loan deal worked out for Brazilian winger Robert Kenedy – who was dazzling for us this year on loan.

At the same time Merino, after recovering from his back injury couldn’t get back into the side because of the great form of Jonjo Shelvey and Mo Diame – who was a revelation in the holding midfield position.

Ayoze has pointed out on his Twitter account that one friend has left the club but another is coming back – so it kinds of evens itself out.

But it also shows how footballers careers can be unpredictable and it’s often difficult to settle anywhere for any length of time.

We are hoping that Ayoze can improve further his goalscoring prowess next season.

Last season he was our top scorer with 10 goals – 8 scored in the Premier League – the most he’s ever scored in a Premier League season for us.

Kenedy scoring against the Saints

He is another player who has improved under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.

Howay The Lads!!

• Tsunki

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Spoof you have missed the point entirely probably by design. Jesper is avoiding making an opinion. He’s just complaining. When he has an opinion I’ll listen to your fatuous condemnation.maybe.

And as for rarely football related? Do you understand this is a nufc blog? Do you get that? Not football not rounders it’s NUFC. I just take exception to a WUM who doesn’t watch us play when mealtimes conflict and makes crass remarks about the club’s goings on without actually expressing his opinion. Is that defensible? Have a go.

Oldgit – chipped in well, good opportunism. Useless as ever though. Same m.o. from both of you, itching to get on my back and complain because of some old grudge you have.

Howay jesper end the agony, prove you’ve got the bottle to say your opinion. Apparently your evasiveness is causing boredom. And bullying.

• barkel

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more a few more outgoings with not too many more incoming. I would like to think if we were to let Ritchie go we would have a replacement lined up but also have a feeling the Murphy would take his place in the starting XI without a direct replacement coming in. I think a front 3 of Kenedy, Gayle, Murphy could suit the counter attack system that we tend to use

• hibbit

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:49 PM

barke “I think a front 3 of Kenedy, Gayle, Murphy could suit the counter attack system that we tend to use”
    and what happens if it doesnt without at least a few reinforcements ????

• hibbit

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM

**barkel**

• Ron Knee

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:53 PM

hibbit

Go to plan B. Err…

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Hopefully Murphy’s break through season, I’m sure Kenedy being here will help his development. Also a bit of a rivalry with his twin brother this season, didn’t he sign for Cardiff?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Tsunki/Jail and whoever I have missed…why are you confusing other bloggers about what’s what!

Tsunki your stereotype world view which you do practice one here with your remarks to gender stereotypes which has by the way been called out on plenty occasions has nothing to do with your persistence on getting a question answered on who are responsible for our signings which by the way to any newcomers (Mag p:) has been answered 4 times in the past days…

• RobLeenio

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:59 PM

Mag 😛 yep, there will be a real competition between the two brothers this season now they’re both in the Prem. Could be tasty when (if) they come up against each other. I also think Murphy will have a breakthrough season, he showed some moments of real class during the last one and I hope he gets his chance.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:59 PM

Why do you think you’re getting people to point creation aspects of your behaviour out to you…

…is everyone here wrong again? You truly are a misunderstood do-gooder aren’t you 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM

Jail…there’s no agenda of me hiding behind something I don’t dare say?

People who know me on here knows I don’t wrap it in…I say it as it is and how I see it!

• RobLeenio

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM

Lol, Mag P I apparently can’t type your moniker without sticking me tongue out at you….

Can we not just go back to calling you Young Mag from Burnley?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:03 PM

Jesper – have you ever considered a career in politics? That last answer would get you into a Tory government position with ease. What a load of waffle that was!

• Little h

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM

I think murphy needs a proper no 10 imo if we get one i also think it will be his break through

Would any one consider using perez/gayle as strikers and get a worldie in at 10

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM

And I was referring to Jesper’s comment at #7.

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Lmao rob. I’m gonna be 21 soon I would rather shy away from my youth days on here.

The tongue is all fun and games haha.

• RobLeenio

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:06 PM

😉

• Ninjacent

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM

We have 5 keepers, 9 defenders, 11 midfielders and 5 forwards. Ideally we should have squad of 25 so we will need to move 8+ players out or their wages to get bodies in.
    With cashley in charge, the business model will never change.

• barkel

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:08 PM

I’ve no idea! It’s not something I hope happens just a feeling that it might

I hope we do get in more attacking options, personally I’d keep Mitro to lead the line even just for his hold up play.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:14 PM

Jesper…….. In all seriousness this issue has become very confusing for everyone . So just for the record and to clear this thing up once and for all could you please just tell me ( as I honestly don’t know ) Who do you think is responsible for the poor signings and what should be done about it.
    Surely that’s not too much to ask.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Haha certain was autocorrected creation 😉

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:16 PM

Betsy…mostly to you, Jail and Tsunki pal! I am not sure that says a whole lot?

Would you say that?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:17 PM

*a bit funny though Betsy I’ll give you that

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM

barkel…I think Mitro is surplus regardless of his abilities…

I don’t know if you can anything close to his valuation but I do hope will bring someone in – and not just anyone or what’s left for whatever means we have – before we let him go…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM

Chancel…thanks for sharing! A really good respond and I’ll take it into consideration…you’ll hear back from me should there be any new development!

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:25 PM

Jesper…….. Poor response. I’m disappointed that you can’t just show the courage of your convictions and give a simple answer. I thought you had more backbone than that. Even if you are repeating yourself, surely that doesn’t matter.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:30 PM

Tsunki…in all fairness it’s not the evasiveness that’s causing boredom it’s you!

…it seems to get you all pumped up when you have your pack with you! You can see how that inflict everyone else right?

But you don’t care as you stated to both spoof and oldgit cause you’re just a misunderstood do-gooder 😉

• DubaiMicky

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:30 PM

Can I suggest that anyone on here who wants to pay £60+ into Cashleys coffers should first consider these:-

• Munster Mag

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:33 PM

Tsunki tell you what I’ll ask Rafa if I meet him 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:33 PM

Betsy…that’s the whole point it does matter! It should matter to everyone when someone like Tsunki comes along and you guys keep throwing gasoline on the fire…it should matter!

The responds from people should be “it’s f@cking there go read it for crying out loud and stop annoying everyone else in the process “

I think you know that Betsy but I also know you…you see where I am going with this? Or should I repeat that again as well? 😉

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:34 PM

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaase just answer. Don’t be so kin stubborn.

• Mag :P

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Why entertain him Betty?

I realised my mistake in doing so. This is exactly what he wants.

• SredniVashtar

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:40 PM

Munster –
    Ask him about the takeover but don’t pry for details – just ask him if we can “be hopeful” or something similarly vague which would make him more inclined to answer

• barkel

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM

@Munster

Are you going stalking again?

• Munster Mag

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM

The transfer policy is owned by Ashley, the rest is up to Rafa and the scouts. If we buy players that don’t work out, then it’s either down to Fats or Rafa. Obviously the key responsibility and fault lies with Ashley, for poor funding and messing around on purchases. That said, I’d imagine Rafa is sufficiently self critical to wonder if we could have got better than Joselu or lazaar or Sels. But if Rafa is given fair bucks (and its not looking good with a one in one out policy) we can be confident of him and the head of recruitment. Not all purchases will work. I actually think they are getting better the more they work together. I just with Fats would let him get on with spending 50mill

• bettyswallocks

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Mag P…….. I give up. He wins but how unnecessary , if he had just clearly stated his opinion which he is fully entitled to then there would have been no need for all this aggravation.

• Munster Mag

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Barely I have to call the hotel but yes that’s the plan :). In fairness I’d love to see training in action and would love to meet our favourite Spaniard. Be a hell of a thing.

• lochinvar

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:46 PM

It’s only a season ago that many were clamming to sign Shaquiri before he was hijacked by Stoke and now he’s off to Liverpool for £13.8m. Did we need not want him or is Ki filling that space on the pitch ?
    Presumably Stoke wont want to spend more on Ritchie than they’ve sold Shaqiri for so expect a bid of £13m plus the £4m they’re reported to be offering so it’s going to cost them £17m but can’t see us selling anyway as he’s too important to the team…..at least until we get two or three more attack minded players in.

• Munster Mag

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:46 PM

Barkel not barely

• RUNAWAY777

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Borussia Monchengladbach have completed the signing of Nice striker Alassane Plea.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM

the worst thing about joselu is people who say he brings others into the game. im quite sure that when he played our three attacking mids got less than 5 between them. ritchie got none. perez probably 2-3 and the other wingers 1-3. Kennedy and perez started scoring when gayle played. so either joselu doesnt actually bring players into the game or our midfielders dont offer much going forward. with the exception of Kennedy id like to see them all upgraded.

1 2 3 8