Rafa Benitez Preseason – Just Perfect For The Manager

For the third summer running Rafa has managed to get the squad to Carton House in County Kildare Ireland for a week’s training camp.

Rafa loves to be able to coach the lads and make each player better if he can – that’s one of his goals as a manager.

And he gets to be able to do that at Carton House and it’s also a great atmosphere in which team spirit can be strengthened.

That was a strength of the Newcastle team over the last two seasons and it will be next season too.

Rafa Benitez – happy in Ireland

Most big clubs go on tours in the summer to increase their commercial revenue and improve their worldwide brand but Rafa is not a fan of those long and often tiring trips.

This is what Rafa has said in the Chronicle today:

“I think it depends on your team.”

“When you travel too much, and I have experience with Liverpool and Chelsea and Real Madrid, sometimes it’s worse for the team.”

“There can be too many distractions and you can’t do things the way you want to do with training sessions before you are disrupted to move on somewhere else again.”

“If you have a big squad and more quality maybe you can compensate for that.”

“But the key for us is the team we have and the work-rate we have here.”

“We can do that in these conditions because we have been allowed to get on with it and work hard.”

“You take a risk if you go somewhere. They might pay you big money or sometimes not even that much and you also lose the good atmosphere and cohesion of the team.”

“It makes it worse at the end.”

Rafa is the consummate coach and he’s the strength and hope we have at Newcastle at the moment.

If only we can keep Rafa on Tyneside the club will be in good hands for the next few years.

But Mike Ashley is again proving the barrier to that.

We hope Ashley will sell the club to a more ambitious owner – and his eleven years in charge have been a disaster for the club.

But the last two seasons under Rafa have been very successful.

Let’s hope we can keep that going for a few more years!

• posada

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:29 AM

Hibbit
    Aye, your still here.
    I said when it was all over that you were one of the few ITKs that I regarded as genuine.
    Some of it though was just a mania.
    What happened to the fella that worked one week a month in the city of London. MA needed the money for a land deal. Announcement next week bla bla bla.
    He’s disappeared.

• posada

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:37 AM

All I know is what I pick up on here and read in the press.
    I do think something is ongoing in the background. Clearing the decks and balancing the books.

But, what for.

A sale. Great if it is to the right people. If is a big word.

An Ellis Short style exit ? Rafa would have to be a part of that I think. I don’t think he would.
    Part of it in the sense that he kept us up last year in 10th. Could he do it again while MA took money out.
    I think he could. Right now we are placed better than we were in May.
    Slimani gone/Mitro back. That’s an improvement.
    Merino gone, hardly played replaced by the Korean lad. A slight improvement.
    Kenedy and the Goalie stayed.

Again, would he do that for Ashley. I’d come down on the side of no. He’s mastered the art of faking sincerity if I am wrong.

• Ron Knee

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:39 AM

“Rafa is everything Mashley is not – and I think he doesn’t like him for it. Professional, measured, educated and dedicated.”

Well said, Sav!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:41 AM

@Posada

I suppose what if Ashley said to Rafa ” I want out if you can just steady the ship this season , Stavely and Co will take over next season 100% guaranteed” do we think Rafa would accept that?

Would everyone on here be happy with that if it was 100% guaranteed !?

• Colombus

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Boy are we waiting for a real breakthrough in the transfer department!!! Some gems are still available though, so Ill give you the list Raffa 😉 Personally I think we should use our Chelsea link and buy Tammy Abraham. Still hungry and lots of potential. Then I would go for Yusuf Poulsen RBL and finally Jonny Castro of Celta Vigo. Three quality signings for lets say 30 mill. And in the end, why not try to convince Max Meyer on a free aii Raffa!?’???

• ArtyH

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:12 PM

So the talk of the take over has reared its ugly head again.. ha aha ha, he must be desperate for more mugs to but tickets! More and more are/have sussed him out now, its taken time but better late than never. TFCB is holding the club manager and fans to ransom as he has done since day one. My most fervent wish is for a take over but I doubt it will happen in the next few years, until relegation threatens…..after Rafa leaves!
    You just could not make up this $hit!