Report – Rafa Does Not Trust Newcastle Hierarchy With Transfers

There’s news in the Mail today that Stoke City have become frustrated with the internal politics going on at Newcastle and have now turned away from trying to get Matt Ritchie.

Newcastle want £15M for the player, but Rafa will not sell unless and until he has a replacement brought in – that’s a policy Rafa has long held as a manager.

And that has held up any deal for Ritchie leaving for Stoke, and the Potters have now moved on and are after Tom Ince of Huddersfield Town, and they are in talks with the Terriers.

Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley – getting hot under the collar?

Here’s a piece from the Mail:

“Stoke City have held further discussions over a potential move for Huddersfield Town’s Tom Ince as they grow frustrated in their pursuit of Newcastle’s Matt Ritchie.”

“The Potters have been long linked with a move for the Scotland international as they prepare to bounce back from Premier League relegation.”

“But internal politics at Newcastle are holding up any deal, which has seen Gary Rowett seek an alternative.”

This suggests there is some disagreement between Rafa and those like Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley who bring in the new players that Rafa identifies.

It seems Mike Ashley has to sanction all new signings which really slows things down.

And while we suspect Stoke City have put in a good offer for Ritchie, Rafa will not agree to let him go until a suitable replacement (like for instance Andros Townsend) has been brought in.

And it seems that he doesn’t trust Mike Ashley to bring in a new winger if he allows Matt to leave now.

That’s an interpretation of the Mail report, and if that’s true, it’s not exactly showing real trust between the manager and the owner.

Why does the saying “Once bitten twice shy”  suddenly come to mind?

One final note – we are quite happy to see Matt Ritchie stay at Newcastle – he epitomizes the spirit and passion of the players under Rafa and seems to have his family settled in the north-east.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM

we will start the season in a weaker position than last season… joselu to start at spurs. muahahahah

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM

What does this bloke want from us, apart from cold hard cash of course, I’m feeling mugged off for renewing my ticket.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Mainz striker muto would be huge risk. He is fairly quick, tireless runner, clever movement but has very little strength, can’t hold the ball up, not exactly a goal scorer and I’ve often seen him mess up simple passes. I would seriously see him as back up to Gayle.

Out of the three strikers (plea, rondon and muto), think I’d go for rondon if I’m honest and I don’t exactly rate him either. I’m hoping Rafa has his own targets not mentioned in the media. Not saying that will make a difference in us signing him like.

• Mag52

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Good scoop there Ed. with the photo, showing a rare glimpse of Ashley’s third arm ( resting on Charnley’s left shoulder.)
    Little wonder that Lee is getting a little hot under the collar.

• RobLeenio

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:57 PM

Mag52, Charmless is thinking “how do I tell the boss his breath stinks of Vindaloo and vomit?”

• Oldgit1

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Ashley has a ready made cop out by not allowing Rafa to sign players unless he signs a long term contract. He is going to milk this for all it’s worth.
    He is trying to put the blame on our Rafa and shows Ashley as being the nice guy.

I don’t think so.

• magicmac54

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:05 PM

Ed, there is not a person in the whole world who would trust Ashley with anything as he is a compulsive liar, and a total waste of space, we will never have a future at Newcastle as long as that scumbag is owner of our great Club, iam a life long Newcastle Supporter from the North of Ireland, iam 64 now and have followed Newcastle from i was 7 years of age, i just love Newcastle United and also the geordie people, they are the salt of the earth, really lovely friendly people, in my view the geordies are the most passionate and loyal fans in the world, we also have an amazing world class manager in Rafa, it makes me so sad to see Ashley treating the fans and Rafa like vermon, my father God Rest him always said say what you mean, and mean what you say, we all know that scumbag Ashley never says what he means, and means what he says, Ashley please leave our great club and stop sucking the life out of Newcastle United and thier amazing fans, and world class manager, your not wanted at Newcastle, and never were, we are not expecting any new owner to spend millions and millions, we just want an owner who shows a little bit on ambition for Newcastle, and shows a bit of respect for those wonderful fans and wonderful manager. HWTL.

• hibbit

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:07 PM

DaveD1000
    it really is time the chronicle backed the fans and the city against this tyrant instead of all this pussy footing about
    if they won’t support the fans in this we shouldn’t support there paper and a boycott would be in order

• DaveD1000

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Hibbit
    agreed but I’m a click bait punter! Back in the day I seem to remember the Chronic asking the hard questions and going for the jugular. They dont seem to have a pair these days (or check stories for Source)one of my personal hates.

N.B. Around Nov time with the takeover talk etc the ITK’s passed info with sources they believed reliable. I’m still gnashing my teeth it didn’t happen but IMHO the lads were acting in good faith.