Exclusive Report – Mitrovic To Move To Fulham For £20M In The Coming Hours

Aleksandar Mitrovic wants his career sorted out by next Wednesday when he is supposed to report back for preseason training at Newcastle.

There is a  report from Football Insider in what they are calling an exclusive and they think the deal to take Mitro to Fulham could be completed this weekend – or even earlier.

It would not be a surprise if this happened because both clubs want the deal to go through and the only question was whether Fulham were willing to pay the £20M transfer fee for the Serbian International striker.

But Fulham, backed by an ambitious owner, have already been paying out some big money (£35M) for two players this summer and Mitro is their number one target.

Aleksandar Mitrovic – transfer to Fulham is reported to be imminent

The 23-year-old had a fantastic loan spell at Craven Cottage earlier this year when he scored 12 goals in 20 games for them.

That ended with Fulham getting promoted when they beat Aston Villa 1-0 in the Championship playoff final at Wembley.

Here is a piece from the Football Insider report:

“Mitrovic has been Fulham’s number one target all summer following his successful loan spell at Craven Cottage last season.”

“A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Fulham and Newcastle have made a breakthrough in their negotiations for Mitrovic.”

“Fulham are ready to pay up to £20M to land the striker to seal the deal in the coming hours.”

Well – we hope it happens and the report is accurate – and the sooner the better for both parties concerned.

• magscar

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Might this kick start some incomings?

Please 🙂

• DubaiMicky

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM

I don’t think a boycott is the way to go.

Picket stores or get 5,000 to Shirebrook, march as mentioned before (3 x converging on SJP at a similar time), staying out of the ground until the kick off (it’ll take 10 minutes for the fans to get in.

This will do two things, one it will lose Ashley money (but will that annoy him so much he will dig his heels in even more and really screw us over no matter if he loses money), and secondly it will give SD massively bad publicity.

• RobLeenio

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:46 PM

EGB, I am mate, since 18 years ago – virtually half my life. My kids have never lived anywhere else and my wife grew up about 3 miles away from there. I grew up in Cramlington before moving away because of my old man’s work, though I wasn’t born there. Apparently that means my opinion on NUFC doesn’t count because I don’t have the birthright, but whatever…

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:49 PM

I’ll spare the repost.
    No magscar,” I’m not looking for an argument I know you love one” I called you a weasel for that comment.

• Mag :P

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Rob

That’s a load of shite what ancient said.

That sense of entitlement that he has is shown to everyone through his posts and it displays what kind of person he is.

• magscar

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Jail

if you want to be childish on here please don’t be hurt when someone respects your wishes and treats you as one

Now go off and hound someone else – bored with Jesper now that Tsunki isn’t team tagging ?

• RobLeenio

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:57 PM

Mag, cheers mate. Honestly, I was surprised at his comment to martoon who I think is one of the most respected posters on here. He’s shown his true colours lately, but that’s his business.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:57 PM

Rob

Thought so, that certainly makes you as much a NE person as anyone else on the blog.

• Bladey

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:58 PM

If Rafa goes we go
    Don’t make me laugh most of the plonkers on here would stay even if fat Mike took control of the team
    The most Lily livered set of fans I have ever come across loyalty my arse
    Your an embarrassment and a laughing stock
    ASH OUT

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Don’t suppose we’re getting Cairney in part exchange? 😉

• magscar

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Robleenio

If you are not fortunate to be born on Tyneside but have (as many others on here) come to love the Toon you are as entitled to an opinion on here as everyone.

Given Ancient’s self declared political leanings I am amazed he has put into print such a comment which extrapolated surely becomes if you weren’t born in this country but now live here don’t give your opinion on it – breathtaking!!

• ToonRich

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Why cant a group like NUFC Trust get a meeting with MA/LC and batter them for real answers…not the scripted rubbish sky spout?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:02 PM

I suppose if Ashley did take control of the team it would at least show he had some interest in it.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Tbh even if he went for £20 million and Rafa got it all… I doubt most players will even want to come with all that’s going on, unsure about what the future of Benitez is, this is why my optimism has been drained for the upcoming season, I never expected the fat cancer to spend loads but I expected he would release about £40 million maximum and all player sales cash on top of that and we could build on last season and all be positive… That’s all been taken away and and at the moment I expect Rafa to go next year and who would blame him…. No ambition at all from the fat cancer for the club… He isn’t even pretending or trying to make it look like he cares for the club as a football club anymore… Benitez was just an asset to him.. Needed a manager who could keep the club in Premier league on as little as possible… Should never of been allowed to buy a football club.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM

Just a word of reassurance to those posters who wish MA a violent and untimely demise. Given time, the booze, hamburgers, pies, curries and pastas etc. will do the job for you.

• Jib

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Latest
    Bradley Dack signs new 3 year contract
    at Blackburn Rovers
    Sorry Essex William

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:09 PM

Martoon

Presume you are running your prediction thingy again, it’ll be nice to know who our players are going to be before we attempt any predictions. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Jib

Bugg&r, if they get Wee Adam as well I’d back them to win the Championship.

• Toonces

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Bladder @ 9

What are you then?

Vain blog wum telling everyone else what to do behind your shield of internet anonymity or do you have something constructive to add?

What would you do?

• Toonces

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Interesting auto-spell correct there

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:14 PM

Tosun unless he does (unlikely) a Johnny Vegas! 🙂

• DaveD1000

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:14 PM

EGB 17

added bonus this year—-predict the manager next June

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:17 PM

DaveD

Now you’ve just sent me back to the space ship parking lot with that thought! 🙁

• magscar

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:20 PM

Dave

I’ll start – Rafa
    🙂

• RobLeenio

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:21 PM

DaveD, that is actually better news than it seems on the surface. It shows the NUFC machine has had some WD40 applied in various places and is lumbering into motion once more. Let’s see if it can produce a nice shiny new player for us some time in the next few days.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Good luck to the lad, I do believe there’s a good footballer lurking within him but not good enough for Rafa.

Never hid on the field and had some good games for us, shame he was a bit of a yellow/red card collector.

• hibbit

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Colback gone ?????????

• DaveD1000

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:24 PM

EGB
    yea good luck to him. Just never really did it in PL eh?
    Magscar June first yea….30th? not sure

• Ron Knee

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:25 PM

So that would be a sale?

• DaveD1000

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Hibbit
    so they say with Nitro to swiftly follow………here’s hoping its the start of a train

• Bobbybee

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Bill, they just might. Facts often get ignored over vain opinions. Here’s a fact those dissing Arma forget. NOBODY – for those struggling with that word it means no other person – has scored more goals for England’s youth teams than he. How crap must he be? Not Shearer, Lineker, Kane – nobody. Owen equalled his total but Arma isn’t finished yet.
    It will come back and bite us eventually. Good luck to the kid – which is what all true fans should be saying to one of our own.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Is that Colback thing right, there’s nothing, nada, bugger all, anywhere else

• hibbit

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:31 PM

DaveD1000
    that would be very good news, is Colback a loan or a sale the cash would be very handy ??

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:32 PM

…….and that tweet was 08.10 this morning.

• 9

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:33 PM

TomaKa@14. The owner made it clear he will not put in a penny piece, he’s fed up, lost interest and wants out. So your supposition of him putting in £40m needs a reality check, mate.

• Reilly

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:36 PM

passback 12 month loan deal to forest.

• DaveD1000

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM

k shoot me I’ll let you lot do the Columbo thing. I’m just catching up on Twitterdom thought it might be of interest or a talking point.

• RobLeenio

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:40 PM

The loan is as good as a sale, almost. My feeling is that we have cash reserves for purchases or will do once players are sold but we’re struggling with our wages bill. If we offload Colback, that’s £40k per week we can spend on someone else or two players possibly. Significant.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Roblennio, don’t listen or even respond to Ancient and his bullshit, I was born in Ashington and gives me as much rights as Ancient described it to say to Ancient wtf. Fans can bleed black and white and it does not mater where they come from, where they moved too or what country they are from. I know tons of Toon fans in America that have never been to Newcastle but fell in love with the club because the fans are amazing and passionate about the team, I also know some that visiting Newcastle and fell in love with the City and the people telling me that they loved how they were welcomed and the people where friendly. If a fan loves the club, city, people or anything about Newcastle to support the club then so be it. Ancient the exit is stage door right.

1 2 3 7