Fan Group Rises Up To Support Benitez’ Battle For Funds From Mike Ashley

Newcastle supporters have made an almost instantaneous response to Rafa Benitez worrying comments today.

We don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes and maybe there are some valid reasons why money is not available at Newcastle.

But at least on the surface, it looks like Mike Ashley, for the 4th transfer window in a row, is not giving Rafa adequate transfer funds so he can improve the squad.

This summer it seems like Rafa must sell before he can buy new players and so far we have made a net profit of £6M in this summer’s transfer window.

Rafa Benitez – at the end of last season after thrashing Chelsea 3-0 at home

One group gaining moment is “If Rafa Goes We Go” and they have released a statement on their Twitter account.

Mike Ashley has never been popular with Newcastle fans, and he just doesn’t have the ambition and drive for success that Rafa and the fans have for the club.

He seems to be the odd man out at the club at the moment, and it would be good for Newcastle United FC if he would sell up to a more ambitious owner who will support Mr. Benitez.

Then we can become really successful.

• Munster Mag

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:24 PM

Yesterday and today must be two of the most depressing nufc supporting days in recent years 🙁

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Bugg&r thought the bus had stopped.

It’s possible, even probable that we will get new players in before the window closes.

But it’s so depressing that we haven’t got any more since the Kenedy loan deal. Especially as Rafa was so insistent that he wanted any signings completed early in the window.

Think I’ll just go back to parking space ships for the next few million years!

• Jib

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:30 PM

So if Rafa goes
    What ?
    You go and support someone else ?
    REALLY?

• posada

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Boycotts.
    Don’t threaten it unless you are actually prepared to do it.

• martoon

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Can anybody explain to me why this makes me a twot?

AncientC

Jul 20, 2018 at 8:51 AM

martoon

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:39 PM

“Here we go again it is all the fans fault for supporting the team!
    As far as I’m concerned my ST money goes towards player & staff wages and the general running of the club.
    If Ashley is siphoning money off it will be from the Sky money which you don’t have to worry about as you watch our games on dodgy streams and contribute nothing whatsoever to the club you’re supposed to support!”

I have noticed martoon being quite the contrarian for a while now. What an absolute *twot*. You can count me out of your little prediction game this season.

• posada

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:32 PM

20,000 flying pickets at Shirebrook might be better.
    Would probs make news at ten.

• NezzaNUFC

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:34 PM

Nothing will happen!

11 years on and we still fill the stadium lol

And yous and Rafa think something will change lol

When Rafa leaves either January or end of season what will we do? As history shows sweet FA!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Think we should all cross over the Tyne and support The heed! 🙂

• magscar

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:40 PM

If nothing else it is gettng publicity but we need more if position is critical as it appears from some commentators and growing unrest on here.

Then again as Ed posts above…..

“Rafa has said that because of a lack of investment in new players this summer the best we can aim for next season is to survive in the Premier League.

We don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes and maybe there are some valid reasons why money is not available at Newcastle.

But as usual, the fans hear nothing at all from Mike Ashley or Lee Charnley, and we are all in the dark as to what’s actually going on.”……..

Basically what I was getting at earlier and why we need Raffa himself to try to clarify more ( not rocket science by me) and Jail took his usual exeception to ( shakes head)

Is Ed a weasel? We deserve to know over to you Jail 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:40 PM

Rob I thought you were a Cullercoat lad?

• jazzyp

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Change has happened tho.Instead of regulars and an atmosphere,You get the fly by visitors who don’t even know a song.
    The Manure game and Chelsea especially at home last season were the only games that felt like the atmosphere of old

• RobLeenio

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:42 PM

martoon, don’t worry about it, we all know who the real twot is, and he doesn’t choose the club crest as his avatar

• Jib

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Reports from the smoke that Fulham will cough up
    for Mitro this weekend .
    Hopefully that will enable Rafa to sign up his target(s)

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Nezza,
    Unfortunately we have never really been united before as fans, I mean a few people were actually happy with Pardew believe it or not. One thing that Benitez has done, instead of telling us how down trodden we are he has let us know what potential this club has and he is willing to stay here and release it, he has unanimously unified the fans to getting behind him and if he goes the anger will be shared by everyone. Ashley was an unknown entity when he forced KK out and still had a lot of fans behind him for his perceived rescue of the club, after eleven years of his antics people are at the end of their tethers with him, I hope a shitstorm is unleashed if Rafa goes.
    HWTL.

• Geordie-john

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:49 PM

It’s about time that something was done by true supporters ( Not some of the pretend supporters on here ) Cashley only knows one thing “MONEY” If the clubs doesn’t make the regular money then he will drop the club like a hot potato.
    As much as it kills me I haven’t renewed my season ticket again. I lost a very good seat in the Milburn paddock which I have occupied for many years, But in my eyes if it makes him a step closer to leaving then it’s well worth losing that seat. I will gladly start buying tickets again once he has gone but not until. The bloke is a parasite and will suck every bit of life from the club. In my opinion Rafa will walk at this rate and who could blame the man ? He’s a world class manager and is wasted by the false promises and lies told by Cashley just to keep him here.
    He has to go. the sooner the better for all.

• chicousa

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:45 PM

I think someone mentioned this already, but the more I try to understand Ashley’s behavior the more it makes sense. Suppose Ashley really does want to sell. But after last year’s negotiations with PCP/Stavely he realizes that at a price of 300-350 Million £ there are no buyers. But for 200-250 Million there are or would likely be several bidders.

So if he pockets the 125M £ from the TV money from last season, and then pockets the money next season for approximately 125M £, then he has 250M £ cash, plus a weakened (possibly relegated team to sell for say 200M (more if Rafa works another miracle, less perhaps if relegated).

So bottom line he ends up with 250M £ tv money for 2 years in Premier League + plus reduced price of club for say 150M £, so a total haul for fat Mikey of 400M £.

• Geordie-john

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:34 PM

chicousa. Comment #17

This parasite doesn’t understand when to stop. Supposing you are correct and that is his intention. Do you think that he would walk away from SJP while there are still funds to be had ? NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS !
    He is one greedy son of a bitch and that’s being kind ! He tells that many lies he makes Putin and Trump look like angels. He is a blood sucking parasite. MONEY is all he understands. Nothing else !

• neverbeento wembly

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:57 PM

I go all over the world for fancy holidays, some of the most luxurious places in world down to fishing cabins on remote rivers & nearly everywhere I meet a Geordie or a Newcastle supporter. The question is where does the fat slug hang out? I have looked under all the slimey rocks but he is not there. I know what I would do if I did meet him, has any supporter ever came across the fat pig?