Exclusive Report – Rafa Wants England Striker At Newcastle

TEAMtalk in an exclusive today are reporting that Newcastle are keen to sign Danny Welbeck from Arsenal on loan for the coming season.

Newcastle can sign one more player from a Premier League club on loan having already signed Kenedy from Chelsea.

It seems that Welbeck is available and is not part of new manager Unai Emery’s planes at the Gunners.

So we need a striker and Welbeck’s available, so it’s not too surprising somebody has written that we are after him.

27-year-old Danny Welbeck – on loan to Newcastle?

One big red flag with Welbeck is his injury record which is not good.

But Rafa was ready to sign Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge on loan last January, so maybe he will not be put off by Welbeck being prone to injury.

Arsenal would like a permanent transfer this summer but Newcastle cannot afford that, and the best we can hope for is a season loan deal with an option to buy next summer.

Everton are also interested in the player, but we would be surprised if Welbeck ends up on loan at Newcastle this summer.

The report says that Arsenal are more inclined to loan Welbeck to Newcastle because they see Everton in competition with them in the league – but not Newcastle.

And Newcastle will pay Danny’s £100K/week wages as part of the loan deal.

Danny started his career at Manchester United and had a loan spell at Sunderland eight years ago for one season.

He moved to Arsenal four years ago for £16M and has 40 caps for England with 16 goals.

He’s never been a prolific goalscorer and at Manchester United, he scored 29 goals in 142 appearances and for the Gunners, he’s played 112 games with 27 goals.

What do you think?

• Ben Afri

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:18 PM

Heard about this link before. The strange thing is that I have never ever rated Welbeck very highly. I still don’t. But if this is true, the fact that it is a step up from some of the other links, this is actually an improvement. That’s how bad it’s gotten… That I’ve lowered my standards.

• Ron Knee

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:22 PM

@1

It’s what PR people like Keith Bishop would call “expectation management”.

• lesh

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Ron

Expectation Management might be Bishop’s term but Ashley’d use the word ‘con’

• ToonTiger

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:27 PM

Of all the recently linked strikers I would prefer this one with Gayle as ’10’

• lesh

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:28 PM

• martoon

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Diddly @30 on last topic. I’ve mentioned this a few times when the subject of not renewing has been raised. We have to decide back in February whether to renew or not so it’s very difficult to judge – I guess our reward is getting the lower price level! I don’t know the figures but I would guess the majority of fans are on the monthly DD scheme which is why not renewing would not work!

• Ben Afri

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Ron Knee

Unfortunately, all evidence points in favour of that… And it’s worked.

• manni

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:37 PM

@ben afri i feel exactly the same ,always said Welbeck is pants ..clumsy, inconsistant etc…but the way the window is going we need players through the door. Maybe Rafa could make him a better player. But all these rumours are just rumours…that fat cnt has reduced our team to a laughing stock. I have two sons now was always looking forward to them supporting their old mans team. I live near Derby so only could watch a few games a season as its a 6hr return trip. But always been a passionate supporter. The next generations of supporters wont even pick toon to support with wht is has become. I will soon rather my boys support local teams like Derby or Burton …than supporting a toxic owner!

• TomaKaThor

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Never believe any links anymore, but if it’s true like no. 1 post my expectations are so low I’m conflicted whether I’d be happy or not with Welbeck even though I think he is an awful footballer, just a sprinter and a hard worker…but my expectations and morale is so low its getting to the point I just want anyone in almost.

• Little h

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:38 PM

TEAMtalk is the single worst site on the internet related to football
    Its “exclusives” are on a par if not worse than:
    The sun (serial offender) (top if the b.s list)
    The mail (anyday but more so Sunday mail)
    The mirror
    The chronicle
    And many many more then these (which are top 5)

• Ron Knee

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:39 PM

Ben

Bigly.

• martoon

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:40 PM

lesh @5 – The author seems to be making a big deal of all these seats appearing but the reason is the box office had to deal with all the seat moves etc. (I know because we spoke to them to ask them when more ST’s would be available) before they could release the unclaimed ones. I don’t know how many were spare last year and I’m sure many have given up their seats but it’s not quite as dramatic as it first appears.

• All Aboot Toon

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Welbeck…No thanks. Overpaid and overrated in my opinion.
    How much would it affect team morale if he was on his
    sickbed getting 100 grand a week ?

• Mag52

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Unlike Ben Afri, I’ve always rated Welbeck.
    Unfortunately if we’re up against Everton, or indeed pretty well any other PL club, we can forget it.

• Diddly

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:47 PM

Martoon . Yeh some pay monthly some pay yearly. I was lucky enough to be working so yearly does me it is a canny saving as price is fixed. But people can only put up with this for so long. It’s back to Westwood and McKeag days. But many more fans and a hell of a lot more money to lose now.

• Ben Afri

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Manni

I agree with you. He wouldn’t be our first, or even third choice. But you’re right when you say that Rafa would improve him as a player. I said this a few days ago, but my brother who is a Liverpool supporter is actually disgusted on our behalf because of what he’s seen our club become. He and I used to enjoy the rivalry of the Newcastle V Liverpool 4-3 classics so he’s always kept an eye on our club. Regarding your sons… that’s a damn shame, pal. I’m truly sorry it’s come to that.

• lesh

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:50 PM

martoon

According to some posters there were no half STs last season so the answer to your question is ‘sold out’ last season but this…….

And could it be the ST box office’s been given the party line to talk about relocations being the reason for there being none available when you called em. Roughly translated, we’re waiting for late renewals?

• Ben Afri

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Mag52

You’re welcome to disagree with me. That’s what the blog is for and I respect what you have to say too. Besides the point, as you said, even if I did rate him, if Wolves suddenly decided that they wanted him, we wouldn’t stand a chance. That’s the problem with this and basically the last 3 or 4 transfer windows… Have every penny the club generates from player sales, but nobody wants to buy our players.

• Mag52

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:43 PM

Ashley Out.

• Mag52

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Ben.

And why doesn’t anybody want to buy our players ?
    It’s not because they’re all hopeless. Mbemba is a snip at 5.5 mill.
    My bet is that it’s becoming pretty clear that Ashley is going to make any purchase into a long drawn out affair, and quibble over a bob or two, while the important thing for managers at this stage of the pre-season is to get players in and training with the squad.
    Not only is the pr#t sabotaging Rafa’s attempts to buy, he’s also doing it for his attempts at sales.

• geordietom

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:50 PM

manni

where abouts you living now mate i’am in derby my self … ( for my sins ) i think we shall see loads of movement tomorrow … my reason being … Ashleys going for one of his favourite currys …. but being serious i think we will get players thru the door not big names though… welbeck keep him he’s crap …

• Phil K

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:54 PM

Good striker, too many injuries.
    Heard Liverpool fans trying to offload utterly useless Origi onto us
    Don’t fall for that shit Rafa “Sick Note” Ings is bad enough Origi is far FAR worse