Newcastle May Not Be Able To Sell Mitrovic This Summer

Newcastle still don’t have a deal in place to take Aleksandar Mitrovic to Fulham this summer.

The Northern Echo are reporting today that Newcastle want £20M for their striker, but Fulham are only willing to pay £16M for him.

But the heat will be on Fulham management to sign the striker because Mitro is already a fan favorite in London after scoring 12 goals in just 20 games last season for them and helping the Craven Cottage side get promoted.

Aleksandar Mitrovic after scoring for Fulham against Derby

However, Fulham could always go off and sing another top striker, and they seem to have started to do that.

Aleksandar Mitrovic just doesn’t fit into Rafa’s planes at the club and has not been used much over the last two seasons.

Newcastle are said to be refusing to budge on their £20M price, but one thing Newcastle have to do is to become more flexible with their transfers.

The club demonstrates in every transfer window how difficult it is for them to make deals – they are not good at it and always seem to move at a snail’s pace.

The possibility is that we may not do the deal with Fulham and that would be really embarrassing.

Why not split the difference and try to agree on a £18M deal – perhaps with some bonuses depending on how Mitro performance at Fulham.

Both sides have to give a little to get a deal.

• Ron Knee

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:33 PM

lesh

Yse.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:33 PM

If we get Schar and Bryan for just under 10 million that is some serious quality for a reasonable price!!

Schar has always impressed me it looks like he has had iffy spells elsewhere but this is a player with a point to prove and Rafa does know how to develop centre halfs !!

Bryan for me just oozes quality reminds me of a younger Leighton Baines who funnily enough the Toon missed out on years ago…

Would allow us to go 352 with Dummett being a 3rd centre half at times as well

But in all seriousness we need to get some more players in especially up top

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Also I know its widely reported that Mitrovic is defo for sale by the media but I wonder if Rafa is preparing to give him a second chance?

If Mitrovic was to come back today in 100% fit condition and they got all the cards on the table and got another striker on loan to compete with Mitrovic , Gayle and Joselu it could defo work !

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:36 PM

According to the lady in the ticket office ST’s are selling like hot cakes.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:41 PM

TOON TO SELL SELS

Matz Sels is in France finalising a move to Strasbourg they could be completed later today. Newcastle have agreed to sell the Belgian international to the new promoted Ligue 1 club for £3.5m

Sels spent last season on loan at Anderlecht after falling down the pecking order at Newcastle. He’s now fourth choice behind Martin Dubravka, Karl Darlow and Rob Elliot.

Rafa Benitez signed the 26-year old from Gent two years ago for around £6m.

Another space in the squad free

• jazzyp

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:42 PM

Haha Haha I bet they are Jail.
    More shite from the club
    ASHLEY OUT

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Fabian Schar in for 3,5M is great piece of business, no lets get Bryan as well, and our defense is sorted for now. Then I think, they will wait, how is the situation with Mitro, but at least we should bring in new. no 10 and one striker on loan. Loftus Cheek and Welbeck do will do, for me.

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:47 PM

Until now, we sold and let go away only players, which Rafa didnt use: Sels, Mbemba, Merino, Haidara, Gamez, Colback
    and brought players which will be core of this squad: Kenedy, Dubravka, Ki…
    now we need to add Schar, Bryan as quick as we can and then try to get main striker and no. 10: Welbeck Batshuayi or someone like this.

• the ledge

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Great news ed on your fight ,keep her lit lad.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:50 PM

Toonfan8,
    Are you somehow trying to justify yet another shambles of a window.

• posada

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:52 PM

The lady in the ticket office says that Season Tickets are selling like hot cakes does she.
    Don’t think she will be on a bonus for making that up.

Don’t give them up you might not get them back.
    If you can afford one get it while you can.

• the ledge

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:52 PM

If ulyou are toonfan8 f@uk off.
    If not sorry!

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Jail – no, but I think, we are better, than we were last year this time. We should already have here 2 strikers, no 10, new winger, LB, RB and CB…and sold Manquillo and Atsu

• posada

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:53 PM

We are not Hokey Kokey supporters like that lot from SR5.

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:55 PM

the ledge
    what? I wonder if you would tell me this when we watching to my eyes, you would have your ears slapped inside your head quicker than you think…

• posada

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Rotonda
    Had a go at Nickey for using bad language.
    Fair enough.
    However, I think FFS and Cnut etc are just as bad.
    We all know what it means without it being spelled out in full or corectly.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Toonfan8,
    I don’t think we are better than we are last year as everyman and his dog knows the manager will not be here next season. I think he could be gone before the season starts as he knows fine well the difficulties of managing when the players know you won’t be there much longer.

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Jail
    what we all hope for is, that next year this time MA and LC will not be here anymore….

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:00 PM

For the record although I’ve given my ticket up I will still attend games when I can unless there is an organised boycott.

• Keith G

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM

I think NUFC have every right to stick to their guns re the reported £ 20 million asking price for Mitrovic.

Players are going for crazy prices – If Fulham want him that badly they should pay the going rate. They were singing his praises after he helped them get promotion.

Though It’s just strange that no other clubs have come in for him..as yet.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM

bettyswallocks
    Jul 25, 2018 at 12:35 PM
    Rotonda ………. We are all totally disgusted at Ashley’s running of the club since he took over and of course we must vent our anger. We care about the club more than any poitical stance. That is not the case with Lesh which is all I was highlighting.

Jail…… I didn’t say I condoned Nicky’s choice of words but was merely pointing out that Lesh is obsessed with Ashley bashing for his own reasons which are not totally in line wi

• Mr Funky

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM

@ toonfan8

I am hoping for those two signings too. Schar and Bryan for about £9-10 million would be pretty good business

• bettyswallocks

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:02 PM

Not totally in line with other fans.

• Mr Funky

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM

Fulham should be able to afford £20 million for Mitrovic. I think they are trying to play games because they are pretty much the only buyer

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Mr. Funky – it will be great piece of business if it will come through. But then we have to go all out for a striker Welbeck/Batshuayi…

• Mr Funky

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM

@ toonfan8

Another other striking option you can think of – I feel those two (welbeck and Batshuyai) are out of reach?

• A Pain in the Blog

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM

Nicky

Why don’t you just apologise for your foul outburst which, by the way, was not justified. And I agree with Posada that those use thinly disguised sweary words are no better. Where’s the crusading OG when you need him?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM

People who occasionally pepper their conversation with “salty language” are more trustworthy apparently, as well as creative and intelligent. So stick that in ya Christmas puddin’.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:09 PM

posada,
    Why on earth would anyone who didn’t have one already sign up for a season under these circumstances.

• BeeGuy

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:09 PM

I’d expect Charnley is working harder to move Aarons and Hayden, who look like they have lost their way and have no value, than Mitro, who has a type of talent clubs will pay for.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM

There is a cinder in snows chance of me apologising for that comment. It’s there for posterity. You’ll just have to live with it.

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Mr. Funky – I think Rondon makes only sense, if we sell Mitro, Batshuayi/Welbeck would be upgrade, but I dont want Ings/Origi as first choice striker…We should bring upgrade to what we have, thats why I wandted one of these two.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:11 PM

A journalistic team representing NUFC and its fans need to find Charnley and ask him what is going on and why without allowing him to squirm out of answering. That would be a start.

Leaving our concerns unvoiced at this time and then whinging after the window is closed achieves nothing as we know from previous Windows. The club’s strategy is to dampen down any current criticism and get through until the close of the window and then start
    the cycle of false promises again. We’ve seen it time and again.

• Kenedyshow

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:12 PM

Mitrovic is still young And he is an exellent target man, Nice goal ratio for Serbia. 16 m is a very low price. I would rather give him a second chance. We May regret selling him. Rafa should show some flexability And fit him into the team. He is much better than joselu And for 16 m you cant but a quality striker anyway

• Mr Funky

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:14 PM

@ toonfan 8

I guess Rondon seems like the most likely option. I think Origi may be worth a loan bid – he seems to have potential but he has lost confidence

• Toonfan8

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:19 PM

Mr. Funky loan yes, but there was price 27M for him I think and that I would pay for him, for Batshuayi yes, for Welbeck also no.

• hibbit

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:19 PM

we already have a loan from chelsea so no more loans from them this season,
    Batshuayi or Loftas-Creek would have to be bought and i don’t see that happening !!!!

• c-dog

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:20 PM

I don’t know much about Schar but it’s another example of selling one player and bringing in a cheaper alternative. This is madness. Obviously the fact he got relegated in Spain doesn’t fill one with confidence but Rafa knows defenders better than anyone and I’ll trust him on that one. However, to sanction the sale of Mitrovic and go with Joselu, Gayle & maybe Rondon would be a decision that would not go down well with me. I’m all for selling Mitro if the manager wants but to replace him with Rondon would be an amateur managerial decision.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:21 PM

I’d happily take Welbeck on loan with a buy option, he’d be a couple of steps up on our current strikers.

• Mr Funky