Sky Sports Reporting Newcastle Agree Fee For Muto – Traveling To Tyneside For Medical

We could still have another player join us soon – probably tomorrow at the earliest – with Sky Sports Keith Downie reporting a fee of £9.5M has been agreed between Mainz and Newcastle for their 26-year-old striker Yoshinori Muto.

Newcastle were linked with Muto very early in the summer and this will be the first striker we have signed this summer – if the deal goes through.

Thre player is on a flight from Tokyo to London on his way to Newcastle to have a medical since terms for the players must have been agreed before he would make the long trip to Newcastle.

It’s a 12 hour trip from Tokyo to London.

26-year-old Mainz striker Yoshinori Muto – traveling to Newcastle

There shouldn’t be too much trouble with the work permit since Muto is a regular player for Japan with 25 caps and he took part in this summer’s World Cup in Russia appearing in one game.

It’s possible this deal will be announced tomorrow.

We’ll see, but Newcastle do seem to be picking up some momentum in this window and Newcastle are also trying to sign Salomon Rondon from West Brom and have – for months now.

Rafa did point out after the game at Hull City that there were players were close to coming and going – but that it was too early to talk about them.

• Toonfan8

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Muto tomorrow, then striker and LB Bryan…these 3 are must, everything other will be plus, but these 3 are must now, then maybee one additional AM and winger.

• lesh

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Way aye Ed, there shouldn’t be too much trouble with the work permit since Muto is a regular player for Japan however, if Charnley’s on the case he’ll probably have to get Barnes’ signed approval to apply for it. By then, t

• Get up salmon

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Lets see how this one goes. I actually quite like the asian/oriental type player i think the majority of them do quite well in the premier league as far as i remeber any way

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Have these players improved Squad? – don’t know as I don’t follow world football closely as some but presumably they were somewhere on Rafa’s list – better than Carr’s lower level? again don’t know but I will make my mind up when I see them after a few games

RAFA IN

• Tinman

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM

With the signings made for the money spent Rafa appears to have done a great job. If we get 20m for Mitro interested to see what he does with that….if he gets it

• jezza442

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM

So we’ve signed Fabian schar for 3m release clause but does anyone know what his true value is if there was no clause?

• scout

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Danny Ings will be coming in imo. Good signings, spending a fortune guarantees you nothing really. I trust the master, to finish 10th last season with that squad was a superb achievement.
    Thinking the 5/1 on offer for Liverpool to win the league needing taking, if they start well you won’t see that price again.

• lesh

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:54 PM

To end the sentence above,

……By then, too late to catch the post. Never mind, Monday will do.

This blog’s got a mind of its own!

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:56 PM

Jezza

His true value is 2 mil

We overpaid

• MickyZee

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Tinned @5

Big “if” that mate !

• TyneMouth

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Missed the shuttle…

There is an astonishing amount of pessimism on the blog, most of seems to be generated from opinions sourced from some very dubious ‘information’.

I am not in contact with this blog 24/7, not even on a daily basis, but please tell me (anyone) Where did the news that Rafa had been offered a new three year contract, including a transfer budget of £100m over three years, and, and he has turned it down!

Excuse me for being suspicious, but having endured a 2/3 month news blackout from SJP, (and Rafa) suddenly there becomes common knowledge of contract details. I use the word ‘details’ gently, there is only the mention of a sum of money spread over the contract length, give me a number, think of a number, any number, you couldn’t make it up!

So the powers that be, release contract details of the club’s economic strategy for the extra three years!

This administration does not have a very good track record in the field business practise, but this takes some beating.

It will be better sticking to known facts, instead of ‘fase news’, we’ll be introducing the blessed Amanda’s back into the debate before you know…

• jezza442

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Ki must be around 10-14m at today’s prices,I personally think dubs is a 10m keeper if not more if he keeps last season’s form,Kennedy loan saved paying 20-30m for similar and I’d say 8-10 for schar but that’s a pure guess so that could have been about 50m worth ,that’s amazing wheeling and dealing what is the problem

• lesh

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Four stellar signings in (three really cos Dubs was signed in the previous financial year) and Ashley has proved he’d back Rafa.

So Rafa’ll have no choice but to sign up now and all of the optimists and Ashley apologists have been proved right after all.

• jazzyp

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Muto in for 9.5 and Mitro out for 18-20, typical Ashley and Charnley. Excited to see Muto in the shirt regardless, looks like he’s just as good off the ball with smart runs and timing as he is with it.

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:06 PM

Lesh

Let’s hope those you label correctly or otherwise are right as without Rafa we are all sunk 🙂

RAFA IN

• lesh

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:13 PM

Tynemouth

The news that Rafa had been offered a new three year contract, including a transfer budget of £100m over three years, came via where else but Sky. As far as it’s reported, there’s been no discussion and Rafa’s biding his time and who can blame him given Ashley’s history of lying. You’ll notice he has turned it down though!

But isn’t Rafa looking for a commitment, a statement of intent that Ashley wants the club to win things, ambition demonstrated by investing in the Academy and development and training facilities.

There lies the problem – Ashley seems to run the club as would street market trader run his/ her stall though Del Boy Trotter’s a likeable rogue whereas Ashley’s no more than a nasty piece of work.

• Pottsclock

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:17 PM

Excellent signings in Shar and Muto (subject to medical). Still need another striker but let’s hope that the Mitro money can be used for that. Also some good outgoings too.
    These are intelligent signings of players who either have the relevant experience (Ki) or have something to prove in the PL and therefore they will be motivated and will add competition and coverage.

All of the players who have left either did not want to be here, were not good enough or did not fit the style that Rafa wants to play with the possible exception of Armstrong (I know he is still here).

Still hoping for more signings though.

• lesh

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:17 PM

Magscar

Yup, without Rafa we are all sunk and he’s the one to decide whether or not he can trust Ashley.

I wonder whether the glass half-fullers would trust him with their kids’ lives, their futures? I doubt it somehow.

• MickyZee

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Tynemouth

We don’t know the exact status between club and Rafa, however Rafa when asked about signing a new contract Rafa has said it’s in the hands of his people, Rafa has also said that this season will be harder than last season due to other clubs spending money and strengthening there team/squad, and Rafa has also said that it is up to the club to do the right things.

Granted, not a mention of any figures, but howay he can hardly come out and say that Ashley has broke promises in the past so I refuse to sign until he gets the players I want, but seriously, it’s plain to see the message that Rafa is sending out.

• barkel

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:19 PM

Has Rafa really been backed? What have we spent so far against incoming? I’m all for having the club as self sufficient but a little bit of investment now could really go a long way. I don’t think we need to go the Everton route and spend close to £250mil over a couple of seasons as we have a good basis for a squad. We’re really lacking a goal scoring no.9 still though and as we all know they do not come cheap

• hibbit

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:20 PM

a few rumours flying about NUFC have offered Isaac Hayden plus cash to Crystal Palace for Townsend would that be a good deal for us ???

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Tynemouth

Folk pick and choose the news stories and ED’s headlines that best fit their take I prefer to take them all with a heavy dose of salt especially now .

The contract one hasn’t been confirmed by anyone – Bishop feed? who knows and who cares – rubbish until proven otherwise

RAFA IN

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:22 PM

hibbit

Not fussed but apparently Rafa wants him(?) so to me how much is cash balance?

RAFA IN

• hibbit

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:25 PM

• c-dog

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:27 PM

GK – Covered
    FB – only good back ups, no real quality there
    CB – Covered
    W – A RM with more pace & experience be a nice to have
    CM – Still think Diame could be improved on even though he was one of the main contributors to our survival last year
    AM – Perez does a good job but should be improved on, see him more as a backup
    ST – We don’t appear to have goals in the team but a few who maybe offer something other than goals

Cardiff and Huddersfield will go. We’re competing with Brighton, Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Southhampton only if they don’t get a good striker

• MickyZee

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:27 PM

hibbitt

Yes, Townsend was good for us, yes I admire Ritchie’s work ethic, but in all honesty hard work is about it for Ritchie, imo he is very overrated and I’d much rather have Townsend who can change a game and make things happen, Ritchie can’t do that, never has.

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:27 PM

Lesh

I do not trust Ashley but as previously stated I believe we have the best possible antidote to him in Rafa and for as long as he is here I trust he is looking after ours and his best interests – even in the most trying of circumstances.

Wouldn’t even trust Rafa though with my (grand) kids as don’t know him well enough 😉

RAFA IN

• BeeGuy

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM

If these signings play as well as expected, Charnley should get a raise to at least half of what other teams guy gets.

• L Toon

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:35 PM

A good read on muto and what he will bring to the club.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Will all the potential new shirt sales in the far east raise money for the club or tubbs?

• c-dog

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:42 PM

The pace is something exciting. Something we lacked last year was someone who’d run in behind.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:51 PM

I think Motu will do really well with Shelvey and Lejuene finding him with searching balls over the top might actually suit us playing the big boys who play a high line early doors !!

• MickyZee

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Rotonda heights

tubbs, I like easy questions, you got any more?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:15 PM

jazzyp
    Jul 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Jazzyp mate…did you know it’s has more often been the case that Ashley has lost money on a player than he has made a profit!

• magscar

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:22 PM

Sitc

didn’t have time to fully catch up when I got back in from town so I hadn’t really absorbed both your posts to ( about) me just you main point but this was the first one which I have just read fully………

sing in the corner

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:19 AM

Magscar
    Reading back I must say I am disappointed by some of your comments. In the past you have made a big issue of people making what you felt were generally unpleasant comments, without adding names of posters. You then wondered were they directed at you.
    Now you describe people opposed to and angry at the owner’s latest undermining of the team / manager as preening themselves…wanting pats on the back.. Wanting to feel good about themselves with others, banging the drum for effect and so on.
    This type of general put down is insulting to me. I will correct you that in my case I am doing none of those things. How could you know what motivates my posts?
    I can tell you I love NUFC, and feel outraged at the situation. I have attended many hundreds of games through thick and thin, and will in all probability, God willing, attend many more.
    I have never insulted fans who have a different position, no matter how that position frustrates me at times. Don’t knock people for trying to effect change.
    If you think it’s all hopeless, that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it, of course. But don’t declare you know the motives of every poster and belittle them.

…..
    Can’t really disagree with most of it but if you apply your logic across all posts you will see that the default position on the Blog is for the majority to ridicule those whose views differ. Sometimes it is because they are perceived as WUM’s mostly deluded and in an alternate universe etc

Others often use terms in a derogatory possibly fun (to them ) way – check Lesh and Mr Tuff out today as a recent examples and note how Nicky has recently been treated..

I have always been in the minority on here, have no pals off Blog like some but have an adult view formed over many years which i feel I ought to be able to share. It isn’t always easy but usually I plow on

You have taken a definite generalisation personally although as i said earlier you were not in my thoughts in the slightest but just maybe you can see how others might feel when apparently ridiculed by Blog heavyweights. I regret having to reply to you but as you have raised issue feel I should but again I am making a general point here and little may apply to you.

However I now look forward to you and others protesting at those not sharing their own views but being labelled together in a derogatory way when no one always knows their particular motivation either – Ashley apologist or lover is quite a common enough retort which I for one find insulting.

Oh and let’s be right I am not on about a sudden spate of Ashley Outs in the current circumstances – these have been in currency for years and to no effect whatsoever as they are simple commonplace. It is like swearing all the time – the impact intended is lessened. Just as the phrase has become on here.

My aim was at those who repeat the same phrase all the time and more often only that and very little else – as it adds nothing new to the debate I can only guess therefore it is to ingratiate themselves on the Blog and join the crowd.

I haven’t ridiculed the latest protest at all and like the actual title and thought behind it but have wondered not unreasonably what does it mean and intend. No one has enlightened me yet. I do like the publicity it has generated but that surely isn’t all it is about?

I will support as I can, any protest that looks like it could be effective – I am yet to see one and refuse to simply bow to others insisting that you should – like that silly protest to FA last week. Not supporting everything against Ashley doesn’t mean you support him but that you might have a higher threshold/test to be met before doing so.

Sorry to be longwinded but I do acknowledge you as a worthile poster whose views are interesting and I try to properly respond to those address me directly and politely.

RAFA IN

• hibbit

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:26 PM

Chronicle are reporting a Dwight Gayle plus cash swap deal for Salomon Rondon is still possible even after the arrival of Yoshinori Muto ??????