Striker Now Set To Join Newcastle Imminently – Deal In Final Stages

The Mail had reported yesterday that 26-year-old Yoshinori Muto was getting close to joining Newcastle United and there are additional reports today the striker is indeed very close to joining the Tyneside club.

Today the Kyoda News is reporting the deal is in its final stages:

“According to sources, Newcastle are in the final stages of talks with the German club.”

Kyoda News reports that Muto was arriving at Haneda airport in Tokyo (Tokyo International Airport) today and he was asked about his future – with multiple reports he is on his way to Newcastle.

26-year-old Mainz striker Yoshinori Muto

This is what he told reporters:

“I can’t say yet but I should be able to deliver good news soon.”

“I believe I’ll grow as a player if I put myself in a competitive environment.”

“My goal is to net 10 goals, a number I haven’t reached during a season overseas.”

Mainz director Rouven Schroder has also commented on his striker and said the following:

“The English have definitely woken up. There is now increased interest in Yoshi.”

There are other clubs interested but it looks like Newcastle are ahead of the game and in the driver’s seat to sign the Japanese International striker.

Rafa is trying to get Muto in and he also wants West Brom striker Salomon Rondon at the club but we may have to swap Dwight Gayle to get him.

That doesn’t seem like a good option and we should try to get Muto and Rondon in and also keep Gayle at the club.

What do you think?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:34 AM

Jesper is going to have a field day if this guy is pants.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:35 AM

Yes Jail, more deluded with each new signing. Haha!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:46 AM

Nicky,
    Ha ha indeed.

• SUTTY1978

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Inspiring stuff, I can see why Rafa would be interested.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:50 AM

Jesus, you really are a grim bastard, aren’t you – is it the weather? This kid’s a good player, as are all the players we’ve drafted in so far.

• Steve Le Sleeve

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM

The comments and replies on Twitter to Sports Direct are brilliant. Fans showing that respect, or lack of, and contempt works both ways

• sing in the corner

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:52 AM

Posada
    There is some fairness in your point. IMO the difference is that re: your poinI, I was challenging you one to one, you knew exactly who I was talking about. And I stand by my questioning of your reasoning by the way.
    I was picking up on Magscars generalisation of all posters who advocate some form of action against Ashley. Generalisation that Magscar has railed against in the past.
    Thanks for your intervention though. And good luck.
    It’s a shame you feel belittled and the victim of sarcasm and bad language though. Sorry if that is the case.

• Mr Funky

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:53 AM

Hopefully we can sign him by Friday

• sing in the corner

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:53 AM

Work beckoning now.
    Here’s hoping the window bears more fruit.

• Ron Knee

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:53 AM

posada

Rafa plainly wants a soft deal rather than no deal.

• Mr Funky

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:54 AM

& maybe Schar by the end of today

• Mr Funky

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:54 AM

I really hope we get Joe Bryan – I think he will be a good option for LB

• Rotonda heights

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:56 AM

I don’t think Muto is seen as an out and out striker, more as a link striker a la Beardo. Very intelligent player.

I guess it is not illegal for a owner to withold funds from a manager if he doesn’t sign a new contract, but it surely has to be highly unethical in the extreme.

Also which is it? Either we’re skint from being in the champo or we have 100M if Rafa signs (albeit over 3 years)

• andrewsneill

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:57 AM

I guess 9 goals a season is more than gayle and joselu at this level but surely we can aim a little bit higher? Last summer we spent £5m on a striker (Joselu) and we saw what paying so little gets you (usually). After more tv money coming in this year £9m is about the equivalent. If we’re getting £20m (or about that) in for Mitrovic we should be looking to spend that (plus anything remaining from Merino/Mbemba deals) on someone who has a bit more potential. I’d be interested in Ings but only on a,loan with an option to buy (mike’s favourite sort of signing it seems) so we can see how he copes with being first choice after all his injuries. Welbeck another who is seemingly available though will cost about £20m i’d think. Could be a good deal for both parties as he’s fallen out of preference for England and could reverse that with regular football (if it includes regular goals). Probably unwilling to pay his wages despite probably reducing the wage budget by more than his with all the sales and released players this summer

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:58 AM

Mal Maclean
    Mal Maclean
    @malmacleaninfo
    2h
    And as Keith Bishop has blocked his Twitter account therefore becoming the only PR firm that hides from the public it would be incredibly childish for everyone to ring up on 02077349995 and ask whether he’s ok. I wouldn’t recommend that at all on 02077349995

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:00 AM

Nicky,
    In the managers own words, they’re better than nothing.

• Steve Le Sleeve

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:01 AM

Joe Bryan for £6m is a no brainer

• geordiesteve520

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:15 AM

If this lad is anything like his countryman Okazaki we should be buzzing – doesn’t score loads of goals but is a proper nuisance to the other team and makes goals due to his pressing, work rate and belligerence.

• andrewsneill

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:35 AM

So is he a Perez replacement/alternative rather than someone to lead the line?

• nufc 11

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:26 AM

Oh where Oh where is Amanda Staveley? If ever a club needed a new owner its nufc save us all, hear our plea’s.

• mkhalaf

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:30 AM

so we have a striker in Mitro worth 20 mil,, who just had an excellent last season with fulham, and an excellent WC, loves NUFC, and if given the chance could be a great one,, yet we are about to sell him and buy this shit striker??? ,

Mitro is the only situation where in Rafa I dont trust! we loaned mitro and played Joselu last year ffs

• padthemag

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM

Mitro had an excellent World Cup??? Did he???? Must of missed that. How is the new guy shit you watch Mainz a lot or Japan give him a break. Bottom line is Mitro is piss poor in the prem and was poor in the World Cup he scored against Switzerland but against the better teams he gets frustrated and lashed out (which he will do next season) . One thing this guy has is bags of pace unlike Mitro . Even if we get 20m Rafa won’t get it FCB wants it paid in instalments so he doesn’t have to spend 20m,