Report – Aleksandar Mitrovic To Leave Newcastle Imminently

There’s a report in This Is Futbol that Aleksandr Mitrovic is likely to leave Newcastle imminently – the report does not mention which club he will go to – but we expect it to be Fulham.

Mitro was on the plane to Portugal yesterday with the rest of the first-team squad, but the report says he will leave Portugal and come back to England today to finalize his move away from Tyneside.

Mitrovic has had three years on Tyneside but has never really fitted into Rafa Benitez’ long-term plans at Newcastle.

The recent news was that Fulham bid £16M for the striker and Newcastle wanted £20M so maybe they made a deal for around £18M and split the difference.

Today’s news in some outlets had suggested they were only £2M apart – so it would not be a surprise if a deal has indeed been struck between the two clubs.

We’ll know if this report is accurate if indeed Mitro heads home today.

Aleksandar Mitrovic in action for Fulham earlier this year

Mitrovic played 72 times for Newcastle over three seasons with 17 goals but never really lived up to his potential on Tyneside, although some fans will argue he didn’t get the chance to do that.

He is still very popular at Newcastle and is already popular with Fulham fans who took to him immediately when he went to Craven Cottage on loan in January.

The fact he scored 12 goals in 20 appearances for them helped Fulham get promoted via the playoffs.

The £20M – or whatever the fee is – will help Rafa bring in another striker – thought to be Salomon Rondon from West Brom – although it’s unlikely Newcastle will get the full £20M in cash this summer.

It will likely be paid over three or four years via installments.

The money for Mitro could also help to seal a £6M deal for Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan – the news is the Robins want the £6M up front.

Mitro returned to training last Wednesday and wanted his future sorted out by then – he may have got his wish today.

The key to this story being true is whether we hear that Mitro is on his way back to England today.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:41 PM

Soccersauce saying gayle has agreed to move to wba with rondon coming this way?

Those are the numpties that said townsend has agreed to move to Newcastle on the 2nd July right?

HAHAH

• JohnJ

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM

Time Will Tell eh?

• wynsleap

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Mitro will always be fondly remembered for being dedicated to the cause while at Newcastle and continually fired up for each game but producing very little except for putting himself about, annoying defenders and referees alike.
    He may go down in Toon folklore like Mirandhina, George Reilly and Billy Whitehurst but will never be thought of as a real striking star in the black and white firmament.
    If we can get 20million for him I’d snap their hands off and give 15million of it straight to Arsenal for Welbeck.

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:09 PM

I have all these bullshit websites blocked on NewsNow to be honest. They’re all full of shite. It’s just clickbaity bollox.

• catchy in norway

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Very selective their Ed, never lived up to it or not given a chance to?

• Jib

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Catchy clearly has difficulty reading complete sentences

“never really lived up to his potential on Tyneside,
    although some fans will argue he didn’t get
    the chance to do that.”

• Lindisfarne

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:29 PM

The Newcastle skipper has flourished since to become a real fan favourite and any sale would be a huge blow to a fanbase and manager that haven’t had much to celebrate this summer. The paper, however, also reports that Leicester also have their eye on powerful Getafe centre-half Djene Dakonam, who played a key role in an impressive finish for the Spanish outfit last season. The club finished in eighth place in La Liga, with only Barcelona and Atletico Madrid conceding fewer goals, and Dakonam was lauded for his part in the club’s defensive resolve.

Leicester trying to set the limit of their budget?

• Lindisfarne

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:31 PM

Do you think WBA would notice if we put Joselu in Gayles shirt and sent him over?!

• Jib

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:33 PM

on his knees 😛

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Jib

Your on good form as Wor Pantomime Villain today… keeps the blog rolling!

Ya still a B’stard. I mean that in the most affectionate terms . Your candour is most refreshing .

• Online Guy

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Magscar,

Come hither Hinney

Want to talk to you.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:49 PM

“”This impasse has crystallised supporters’ perceptions of the club. In Rafa we have one of the best coaches in world football. We are blessed to have him. But he represents more than someone who can coach players and win football matches. Rafa has a vision for United that we share. He wants our club to progress, to develop and be the best it can be. He has a connection with the city, region and people few have shared.””

• c-dog

Jul 28, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Agents fees actually cost more than the sum paid to a club for their player. Our net spend is actually 125mil.

• carlton

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:04 PM

Mr Tuff was telling me in the betting shop and asked me to pass on, that we’ve now completed the signing of a winger Rosaire Longelo – a free agent from West Ham
    Apparently he played for us in a friendly at Barrow earlier this month and showed a good turn of pace.

Tuff said he’s signed a four year contract so he must be highly rated by Rafa.

Anyway I take it I was talking to Mr Tuff because the word shyte featured a lot in his conversation. Also Tuff seems to have fallen asleep in the garden without his knotted hanky and has a badly burnt head.

• magscar

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Online Guy

Hi I don’t do summons but since I am here I will be courteous 🙂

I thought I had explained myself sufficiently this morning but if that isn’t to your satisfaction you had better be quick to explain what’s bothering you as I ain’t got all day after spending so much on here last night.

Speak …

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:32 PM

• Jib

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM

3 and a 1/2

• lead belly

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:34 PM

hi long time reader, first time poster, can anyone tell me if newcastle still owe ashley that 130m loan he gave us , can he just take the tv money roughly the same amount and pay if off?

• Pottsclock

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:34 PM

Are you about to break wind, Jib?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:35 PM

Jayzus Christ carl give it up you fraud.

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:40 PM

Afternoon boys and girls, Once upon a time there was a club called Newcastle United, many feared the black and white army, then a big fat ogre moved into the kingdom. At first, the loyal subjects where scared of this ogre but he then promised the world to his loyal subjects, after years of false statements and B/S the loyal subjects prayed for a knight to come to the kingdom and save them, from the depths of Spain a knight with a big reputation in slaying ogres and making kingdoms wonderful again landing in the kingdom. Sadly this knight didn’t realize what he was up against with this ogre, but then from the capital of the land came a lady knight who gave the ogre tons and tons of gold to get him to leave the kingdom and gave the Spanish knight the tools he needed to get the kingdom back to its fearing kingdom.
    ( You can see I can also write fantasy just like the newspapers about signings and buyouts, yes my story would be wonderful to happen before the end of next season so we keep our manager at the club and our players but if that does not happen then we will see the manager and some very key players leave Newcastle) Honestly the only signing I want to happen at Newcastle is Rafa, if not with the ogre then with the new queen and sadly if this does not happen within the next 10 months then we may see our club do a Sunderland and say bye, bye to anything resembling a league.

• Jib

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Nostradamus the Geordie
    We finished 10th last season you berk

• Oldgit1

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Come on magscar give it to online guy this is going to be a no contest. Can’t stand the guy.

Come hither what a prat who the hell does he think he is.

On second thoughts ignore him. I have.

• Ron Knee

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:53 PM

RIP Thomas Cromwell
    Died on this day 28 July 1540.

• magscar

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:53 PM

Online

As you called I presumed you would be waiting for me to respond and I have but no you!

Now as I have talked to you before I know you know how this works – people post something others reply and it sometimes finishes with that and on others there is a dialogue and occasionally others join in.

What isn’t usual nor really the done thing is for a poster who does like to give the impression of being in charge of situations to summon another but you do seem to think you have that draw.

I can obviously guess what is janking your chain so despite giving you a quick heads up which i thought was sufficient for a poster of your intellect to have followed and given I am wanting to get on and be ready for tonight’s match ……

I used you name and Bladey as examples of Blog persona’s on here who like to exude a Tuff ( ness) as a sort of pseudo hardness in their posts ( I haven’t much of a clue what you actually like except you were aRadio Ham and like Moby Grape amongst other bands). There are perhaps a couple of others but your names were the ones which first occurred to me and importantly to me in the moment you and Tuff do chat so he knows who you are.

You may not recognise my playful description of your persona but I bet others do ( although I know others have seen it somewhat differently) and it is how you come across even in your recent post but may be you are just playing the game 🙂

Anyway I have done my best to be courteous and I hope when you resurface you can move on 🙂

• magscar

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Oldgit1

🙂

I try to be courteous and he isn’t my style ( nor me his I guess) but i have managed to chat with him ( few months ago) and no issues here.

I did mention him though and therefore I do feel obliged to respond as I would like others to do to me

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:01 PM

3w23aqqqq2I 322w222w2and 2333a3qqw2222222222222w2and 22million ww32aaww ww 21qq1and and 22222222222222

• DaveD1000

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM

that is Jail’s pin number

• magscar

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:07 PM

Dave

Nah mine does that he has pressed Num Lock

• jazzyp

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:08 PM

Rondon on the bench tonight so no deal yet

• magscar