Report – Newcastle To Close Deal For Another Player Today

The Mail are reporting today that Newcastle are about to close a deal, after many many weeks to take Salomon Rondon on loan for the season with an option to buy next year.

It is still not clear whether Dwight Gayle will go in the other direction on loan with an option for West Brom to buy next summer.

If Dwight cannot agree on personal terms with the Baggies, then he will stay at Newcastle and then we will have both Rondon and Gayle as strikers next season to add to Joselu, Muto, and Perez.

Salomon Rondon – to sign loan deal today

That would give us more striking power up front with scoring goals one of our real weaknesses last season.

If Dwight Gayle does go on loan, we will still be a bit thin for strikers and hope that somehow Rafa can get another striker through the door in the next 12 days or so before the window closes on August 9th.

Aleksandar Mitrovic’ move to Fulham for an initial £22M should also be announced today.

Things are delicately positioned at the moment in this transfer window for Newcastle and if Rafa can get Rondon in and a fullback  – we will have done quite well in the transfer window.

It will not have been a complete disaster – even though Ashley has not allowed Rafa to spend much money at all this summer – for whatever reason.

Getting Dubravka, Schar, and Sung-yueng into the club for an outlay of just £7M was a masterstroke by Rafa Benitez.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:37 AM

If Gayle doesn’t go the other way what’s the chances of Rondon failing his medical at some point.

• toon1707

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM

I read somewhere recently that Rondon only had a year left on his contract if that’s true why would we need a buy clause in the contract as he would be free next summer

• SredniVashtar

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:42 AM

I would be a bit disappointed if the Rondon Gayle deal ended up being loans – that would use up our last domestic loan slot and block some other deals we could make.
    If both players (as this article claims) want permanent option clauses attached into the contract then why not just make both deals permanent in the first place?
    It seems that either us or WBA want to loan rather than sell/buy – perhaps Rafa is hesitant regarding Rondon and doesn’t think he is a long term solution or maybe the club is trying a bit of jiggery pokery to get Rondon on a free next year? Or maybe WBA are unwilling to pay Dwight’s wages and a loan means we can subsidise them? Or maybe Gayle and Rondon both want to see which league each team will be in next year before they pen their long term futures ?

• Bambams

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:44 AM

Jail

I think what you are doing is very innovative and I applaud you and others….

Just don’t think it’s worth the grief you could get.

No I don’t think it would get to court, it’s not in the public interest in my opinion but there are other sanctions that could be imposed and I am sure fat ash might take a civil matter into consideration.

He won’t be here much longer mate, just bide your time.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:45 AM

Dwight Gayle has agreed terms with West Brom. Rondon will sign for Newcastle, deal should be done in next couple of days. #NUFC will give #WBAFC Gayle plus £3 million for Rondon.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:51 AM

Bambams

There’s hundreds of people doing it mate so If I was Jail I wouldn’t worry about it. Theres people on Twitter with millions of pounds worth of stuff in their baskets.

• Jib

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:52 AM

I’m cool with a strike force of
    Joselu
    Rondon
    Perez
    Muto
    Armstrong

and the coaches seem to think Longstaff
    has potential as a striker

• Bambams

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Shirebrook

I know mate I have ‘ liked ‘ most of their posts.

When there are ‘ too many ‘ to consider there tends to be a dip sampling of a small number to try and prosecute.

I just don’t want folk to get more grief from this greedy owner of ours.

He is not worth it.

• Jib

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Shirebrook
    You’ve missed the point by miles
    We’ve told Jail to do it on twitter
    he’s much more vulnerable telling
    folk what he’s doing on a public
    forum.

• toonincheek

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:54 AM

It was reported that Rondon would sign a 1-year extension
    to his contract to make any loan deal workable.

Don’t know if that’s true, but it would make sense.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:06 AM

Who are our options at left back now, Clarke surely can’t be considered after the injury to Lejuene.

• magscar

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:09 AM

Jai!

Last thread

Haha aren’t you the wag. Some like to rabbit on an on about Ashley , fencing with Jesper or Jib some of us post less often but in longer posts meant as a response to another’s.

It s of course an open Blog so others can read it or as there’s nothing to prevent you moving on to another post without having to read each one you can. I explained myself as I am a different sort of poster to most and make no apology

For someone who regularly gets a pet lip to suggest a violin makes me smile. Suffice to say I have my hands full trying to learn guitar, ukelele with a banjo in the offing purely for my own amusement. Were I to consider the violin it would have to be as a fiddle given my musical tastes.

Your advice is taken as intended though and I will leave you to keep watching out for multiples and those pesky posters who leave posts laced with a criticism of Rafa while praising him – yeah I know you gotta watch those 5th columnists 😉

• Rotonda heights

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:14 AM

I know we are only allowed 2 domestic loans, but is that just from PL teams or from champo teams as well?
    Jib that one is for you.

• Asprilla88

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:38 PM

Rotonda – We are allowed 4 loans in any one season. There is a maximum of 2 loans from another Premier League club.

• mfw13

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM

Sorry….I’ll take Gayle & Mitro over Rondon & Muto.

Only one of those players scored at the World Cup, and that’s Mitro, who we just sold.

• BANDWBURNABY

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:52 PM

Asigning would make a nice change after 3 months of chasing half the players in world