Fans Frustrated At Snail’s Pace Of Rondon Deal – And All The Penny Pinching

We are getting a little sick of this Salomon Rondon deal taking so long.

We were first interested in him at the beginning of June, and there have been reports he is one of Rafa’s striker targets since then.

The updates we have been getting are ….. the talks are ongoing.

It was felt the release clause in his contract of £16.5M was a good one even though he was signed in 2015 from Zenit Saint Petersburg for only £12M.

What has really surprised us is the lack of money available for Rafa to spend from Mike Ashley this summer.

We are making a profit at the moment this summer (including the Muto and Mitrovic deals) of close to £25M – so to have a zero net outlay this summer Rafa should have that amount to spend in the next eight days.

So it really is a mystery why Newcastle have so little money this summer – and it’s no better than it was last summer.

Rafa has to be getting frustrated about all of this financial nonsense from Mike Ashley and the penny pinching that goes on in every single transfer window.

The deal to get Rondon has gone on and on and on and on.

Rafa Benitez – thinks – where’s the money all gone?

Fans are getting just a little fed up of just how slow Newcastle move in the transfer market.

And how difficult they seem to make things.

When somebody is good at something they make it look so easy.

The converse of that is also true – when they’re not good they make it look so difficult – and that’s Newcastle in the transfer market.

Here are some typical tweets from some frustrated Geordie fans.

• Wayayman

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:48 PM

Bobby, the fact is that this was a letter of intent. The course of action will be disclosed in time. I can bet that it doesnt involve staying away from SJP. Ashley doesn’t care one bit about that, and the MPG know it and are in full agreement on that. Making SD a toxic brand in the NE is a decent place to start. Not buying merch from the club shop (SD in frilly knickers) is part of it. Buy any sports stuff, inc NUFC merch from online or better yet, Start Fitness in Newcastle or even DW sports.

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:52 PM

Jib

How do I Google war and peace?

Then how can I copy and paste it?

I haven’t a original thought in my head and thought I’d try your technique

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Anybody who thinks Nufc fans trying to improve their club and make things better on or off the pitch are wrong/idiots etc need to take a long hard look at themselves!

Fans, I’d call you wums and cowards.

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM

Bobby ^^^^

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Bobby

Well said mate, I was going to say similar myself.

Ashley is an obstinate, obdurate ignoramous who is just as likely to proceed to undertake more dastardly deeds against out club than think, oh my, I’ve upset the fans and I’d better do as they want.

He’s never responded in that way and I doubt he ever will.

I agree with much of the letters content but would like to have seen something like, “At least put more investment into your business, you must realise it makes sense” included as well.

I’ll share some of the opprobrium with you. 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:09 PM

Of course Ashley holds all the cards, probably got Rafa by the short and curly’s if the buyout rumours are true.

Any letter, brilliantly written, mediocre, poor will get the same treatment from him – straight in the bin.

I would agree that the new group have to declare their presence somehow and the open letter seems to do that.

Whether the group grows will be linked to how the team do on the pitch – we have four tough games out of the first 6 games – Spurs, Chelsea, City and Arsenal (plus Cardiff and Palace).

At least they are announcing how a lot of people feel.

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:11 PM

It’s not the fact Bobby doesn’t like the letter that gets up my nose it’s the way the fans fighting for change or improvement are belittled or slagged off, not only by Bobby jib loves that, it’s his favourite pass time.

It makes me wonder, if they had a son or daughter in a dead end job and they decided to go back to college what would they say?

Don’t be stupid, it’s your own fault, stay where you are and suck it up???

Anyone willing to stand up and be counted to fight for what they believe is right deserve respect, not snide digs from cowards typing bravely anonymously behind a keyboard.

At least the fans willing to fight will show their faces instead of hiding in the shadows!

• BeeGuy

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:13 PM

Rondon will only heat up if Muto can’t get a work permit. But, even then, it may be too late to do the deal. Charnley can’t have Muto, Rondon, Joselu and Gayle on the books without losing his job. So he has to clean out the roster before adding to it, and that means the deadwood has to go prior to buying.

• Bobbybee

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:15 PM

Wayayman, a letter of intent? No it wasn’t, it was a declaration of war. A war that sees SD still operating fully on the streets of Newcastle. Ergo, a waste of time.
    Shall I go through it again? You don’t mean the words you use to stroke a bully’s ego. You do it to gain the upper hand.
    He wants out ffs, so you give him the chance to do so by making him feel he’s doing the right thing. Make him feel big about himself. It works, with megalomaniacs.
    Do I mean those words? Of course not. I’ve made my feelings, on Ashley clear – I despise him – I just don’t fill the blog up day by day repeating as nauseum the, same boring shite.
    If people, can’t work out the,
    difference between diplomacy and reality, then I give up. What’s the point? Carry on getting his back up and see how far it gets us.
    The problem here is most our current fanbase jumped on the KK bandwagon and are now annoyed it didn’t continue.
    It was a blip. Ashley is typical of the owners we’ve always had – a w@nker. Anybody who thinks Ashley is worse than McKeag simply wasn’t there.
    Diplomacy didn’t work with McKeag, but luckily we had SJH with a shed load of cash to help out. In case nobody has noticed, nobody like that is around the corner. SJH paid the disgusting sums McKeag wanted, we don’t have that option now.
    Sometimes you have to be sneaky to get what you want – sneaky being the word regards diplomacy.
    The words I wrote do not mean how I feel. They show commonsense in trying to deal with a megalomaniac. If that was, WAY OVER some heads, accept my apology – I didn’t appreciate how thick you truly were.
    There’s more than one way to skin a cat, pity some people can’t work it out.

OP, where do I say I’ve posted here for years, dummy? Drool, dribble blurb. Plastic twat.

• hibbit

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Bobby
    that last rant speaks volumes for your diplomacy skills

• neverbeento wembly

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Fatty thinks he is buying cheap rags for his store not professional footballers. He is also a very vindictive spiteful man who has never forgiven the way the fans turned on him when his misdeeds were found out. He thinks any cash going into club should go into his pocket, not to be spent. He hates losing face, bring on singing & banners for all to see