Good News For Fans – Muto Signs – First Japanese Player Ever At Newcastle

Newcastle have announced that 26-year-old Japanese international forward Yoshinori Muto has completed his move to the club after he was granted a Governing Body Endorsement (also known as a work permit).

That’s the announcement Newcastle have just made on their website and the 25 times-capped Japanese International becomes the 5th signing of this summer and Rafa wants four more players brought in during the last week of the transfer window.

26-year-old Japanese international forward Yoshinori Muto signed by Newcastle

This is what Muto has said after signing for the club:

“I am very happy to be a player for Newcastle United. I am really looking forward to playing in front of the fans.

“As the first Japanese Newcastle United player, I am honoured to be a player for such a big club.”

“I hope to achieve good results – that is what I am here to do.”

“I would like to perform well and leave my name in Newcastle’s history.”

Good words there from Muto – we hope he has a big impact at Newcastle too.

Manager Rafa Benítez added:

“I am really pleased to have Yoshinori Muto with us.”  “We were following him for quite a while.”

“Hopefully he can bring us his energy and work-rate and help the team to improve and be better for the new season.”

It’s good to get the 26-year-old through the door.

And it now leaves the way clear for owner Mike Ashley and Managing Director Lee Charnley to do their jobs and get at least four new players in before next Thursday at 5:00 pm when this transfer window slams shut.

That’s the very least they can do for the manager Rafa Benitez.

• martoon

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Ed – you’ve stolen my line 🙂

• hibbit

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:36 PM

???? welcome Yoshinori Muto san

• Wayayman

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:43 PM

Can we transfer Charnley please? I’d chip in for his bus fare

• Oldgit1

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:44 PM

Repost:
    @ martoon, just on a wind up mission mate, showing how heartless Manchester is. I’m going to have a go at players dogs next. Can you imagine the outcry, pet lovers will outraged.

Kids always come first in my book in my case grandkids, love him to bits.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:46 PM

What must some of these players who are signing be thinking? If you read blogs , press and Rafa’s interviews we look close to melt down!!

• chicousa

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:47 PM

Feel a bit sorry for Muto. He finally gets to come inside the house, but the house is on fire!

Regardless- welcome son!

• Pottsclock

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:49 PM

I think we all needed a little good news. Let’s hope Rafa can do the magic with Muto and make him a real threat in the EPL. Can’t see Gayle getting a game now unless Muto is injured

• hibbit

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM

chicousa
    the fans and the city will make him welcome just got to hope that’s enough at the minute

Oldgit1

you naughty boy i took it hook line and sinker

have good holiday we’ll still be here when you get back, BUT Rafa might not be !!!!!

• Nostradamus the Geordie

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Welcome to hell week, I honestly cannot wait until this window is closed and we know what we have as far as a team goes and we just get on with it. If I wake up one morning this week and see that Rafa has walked that’s fine if I wake up one morning and see we signed no one well that fine too. I just want this transfer window over as it makes me sick to read all the shite going on at our club and this must have an effect on the players. I feel that if the owner is not going to back and support the club then we need too, if people want to protest outside of S/D go for it but doing any type of protest at the ground during a game will only affect the players, yes its a screwed up situation but if the team we have is the team we have then we need to support them 100% while they are playing, its not their fault our owner does not understand the amazing thing he was sitting right in the palm of his hands, world class manager with world class supporting fans through thick and thin.

• ashleysmate

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:59 PM

Wow, some good news for a change . ..welcome

• chicousa

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:04 PM

hibbit, yeah the fans always do their part, always! So yes they will give Muto a warm welcome and make him feel at home. Just unfortunate that the pathological owner has seen fit to spoil the incredible optimism and joy that existed at the end of last season thru greed and incompetence!

AO