Report – Hierarchy Will Support Rafa In Bringing New Players In This Week

The Chronicle are reporting today that Rafa’s pleas last Wednesday night that he needs more players was heard by the Newcastle hierarchy.

They are now willing to bring three new players into the club during this final week of the transfer window.

Of course, Rafa still has to work within the tight financial controls put on transfers by Mike Ashley and why he keeps doing this we don’t know – other than he doesn’t like to spend money.

A striker, left-back, and center-back have been sanctioned by the owner and attempts will be made to bring three (maybe four?) players in.

19-year-old PSG left-back Stanley N’Soki

We are assuming the additional striker is not Rondon since we are losing Dwight Gaye in the swap so Rondon is not really an additional striker.

Newcastle are reported to be after Danny Ings on loan for the season and we are also interested in signing PSG left-back Stanley N’Soki on a permanent deal.

But N’Soki has been impressive in preseason and the French club may decide to keep him for next season.

There are only four days after today left in this transfer window so Lee Charnley and company will have to move quickly to get those players in.

That may prove difficult.

But if Rafa can get three or four good players in this week, it will have been a decent enough transfer window even with the intransigence and thrift of the owner.

We will have brought eight new players in and perhaps even nine.

What do you think?

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Isn’t maximum loan 3? If yes, how can we sign ings on loan???? Sounds like Rubbish reporting from chronicles as usual.

• SwissSte

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM

2 loan from prem, can have up to 4 loans in a season

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM

DAVED
    Rafa Benitez:

“When I decided to stay at Newcastle United it was because it was a project.

“Everyone knows that we can’t compete against Man City or Man Utd…but we can do things in the right way.

“Maybe we can be more competitive, or closer to European positions, maybe we could challenge for a trophy…That was the idea.

“Then we finished 10th, and credit to our players (for doing that), but I still thought we could do something more (this summer in the transfer window) to be closer.

“(But) It is not the case.

Rafa said the same last summer that targets were lined up to come to Nufc that Rafa believed would change our fortunes,Maybe push for Europe…Win a cup.But no In Rafas opinions fighting relegation again

• TyneMouth

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Jib @ #20 (last post)
    “You have a situation where Real Madrid could come in next
    month for Courtois and Chelsea cannot buy a replacement
    cos our window has slammed shu”
    .It’s my understanding that when our transfer window shuts we cannot do any more business, players can’t come in, and players can’t leave!

That’s my understanding of the word ‘shut’. Just sayin’…

• Novocastrian66

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:09 AM

It won’t happen. Ashley playing games again. The man is a clown. I don’t wish him any Ill , in fact I would be happy for him to stay if he would change his ways.

• nico

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:11 AM

Over the coming year we will sell all our players and just get in loan signings. Ashley would love that haha.

• Novocastrian66

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Tynemouth; the window is shut for in coming transfers. With the window still being open on the continent, players can still move out.

• nico

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:12 AM

@ Jib. Players can still leave to go abroad.

• Munster Mag

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Jib I’d expect a more rounded answer from you than to call my approach childish. I asked a valid question about why you think the owner is spending so little. I didn’t expect a piss take reply.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM

@whistler

It was as proven a couple of years back that Jib is a mackem WUM

• DubaiMicky

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:14 AM

The way it’s going it really wouldn’t surprise me if an irate Toon fan happened to be in the same pub at the same time as Ashley (he’s a person of habit and only really drinks in 2 pubs), and beats him up or at least lands a few well aimed punches before he’s hauled off.

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Dubai
    There is plenty of em out there now mate.I think the opening game will be a good tester to see what mood the fans are in,Especially if results start going against us

• DubaiMicky

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM

(Horse and Groom in Belgravia and Rising Sun Mill Hill btw)

• TyneMouth

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Novocastrian66

Are you sure?

If I remember correctly, the transfer window was closed early, (ie, before the new season started) by a joint agreement from all the owners of the clubs in the EPL. The closure was their initiative.

I find it difficult to believe they would permit players to leave without replacement. Doesn’t make sense!…

• NezzaNUFC

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:27 AM

Why does this headline sound too familiar?

Ah yes, it’s the same report as evey other season before the window ends, and time again we are left disappointed!

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM

I don’t know what I find more scary

People expected Ashley to back Rafa or people thought jib was a legit poster and not a wum.

The mind boggles.

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Op

Be careful what ya say mate..Blog police and all that lol

• Moonraker15

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:34 AM

Jib/Jane/Jeff has been officially “outed” as a Mackem WUM !

• lesh

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:37 AM

In no particular order:

Jib,

You’re showing your true colours in justifying Ashley’s approach to ownership. You should be ashamed to even profess support for Newcastle United. You went to the match yesterday? I can’t show that you didn’t – can you tell us about the incident that got the crowd’s attention that hasn’t been reported? I’d suggest you can’t and you were as near SJP as I was yesterday – 400 miles down the road.

Whistler

In Jib, you’re not only seeing a WUM but a classic narcissist – the product of years of parental neglect they having kept him locked in a cupboard more most of his early life. From what we’re reading from him, who can blame his parents!

And a repost for the enjoyment of Jib, his alter egos and his fellow Ashley champions alter egos in Yorky, possibly Nicky,and probably others.

Jazzy(?)

Rafa’s still trying to sell the club and that’s why he’s not backing Rafa with real cash? Yes, but he’ll only sell when he gets an offer he can’t refuse and will continue to use the selling line as an excuse not to invest till the cows come home.

Ashley Mate

If Rafa walks before the end of the season, Ashley will have won – an immoral victory!

If Rafa can stick it out despite the pressure on him, he’ll have made a big point – that Ashley’s bullying doesn’t always win. Likewise, if Ashley sacks him, Rafa’ll have won a moral victory and Ashley’ll be slaughtered by the media.

Rafa, be strong, try to stick it out – you’re a bigger man than Ashley’ll ever be.

• Jib

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Munster
    The dangers of being misconstrued on a blog are
    legion.

On re-reading I can see how you picked it up that
    I was taking the piss out of you but that was not my intent

I was saying that the view (of the majority) of bloggers
    that Ashley is a tightwad and that is the main reason
    transfers fail to be childish and silly

• lesh

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Hierarchy Will Support Rafa In Bringing New Players In This Week?

Oh aye, and Trump’s joined the Quaker movement while the Brexit advocates admit to lying to voters – and those that voted leave have realised they were conned!

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Lesh

Personally mate I think Ashley has no intention on selling the club..Why would he??
    Yet more media drivel this morning from Ashleys minions hoping a major breakthrough in transfer policy to be told “We tried because we only have the best interest of the club at heart”
    Give me a break,We’ve Been here before .
    I won’t be at the first game as a matter of principle and the fact it’s live on tv so hope others follow suit,If not that’s there choice and I respect that

• lesh

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:48 AM

Munster

Jib – ‘On re-reading I can see how you picked it up that
    I was taking the piss out of you but that was not my intent’ roughly translates into ‘schidt, I’ve been rumbled – again’.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:48 AM

@20 “fellow Ashley champions alter egos in Yorky, possibly Nicky,and probably others.”

Evidence please, you piss-weak ratbag.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM

I agter we need additions to the team and definitely a goalscorer, probably a ACM, a cover for Shelvey, a LB and presumably a cover for Lascelles/Lejuene.

But we also have 29 players that need to be registered somehow or somewhere…

Going after pre 21 year old are probably a wise decision…we still need to offload some players…

• TyneMouth

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM

I was wrong!

Regarding the closure of the Summer transfer window. Players can leave after the 9th of August!

Turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind…

Sky news;

“EFL clubs have voted in favour of falling in line with the Premier League and bringing the transfer deadline forward to Thursday August 9.

The deadline will now be at 5pm on the Thursday after the opening round of EFL fixtures – but clubs will still be able to loan players and register any that are made free agents up until August 31 2018.

Of the 72 teams from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two, 40 voted in favour of the change while 29 went against.There were no abstentions and the remaining three clubs instead sent their apologies.”

• lesh

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Jazzy

Not attending the first game makes a lot of sense and if tens of thousands do so, it should send out a strong statement of intent to the world at large. Good lad.

• Jib

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:54 AM

lesh
    I’m sure Munster is more of a man than you
    and can take an apology for what it’s worth.
    In fact wor lass is more
    In fact Jane is
    In fact Teresa May
    all three are more of a man than you – sad
    excuse.

• lesh

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Jazzy

Assuming Shire’ll bs travelling up when you’re not, he’ll be after you for your share of the petrol money you’ll have deprived him of. Draw the curtains and ‘be out’ for a few days.

Shire 😉

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:01 AM

Lesh

He knows what a long journey it is bless him,Especially on the way back if we lose.Ive recorded a sweet lulaby to remind him us Plastic fans can’t attend every game

• DaveD1000

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Jazzy
    the flying pig was for fatboy wanting to sell….

• Charge

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Really like Perez as a player but his form does go up and down over the season. Do we not need some competition in the number 10 role as a matter of urgency? Like youth being given a chance but can’t help but feel Longstaff is being set up to fail.

• Geordie-john

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.
    WELL GREEDY COCK-ney I THINK YOU’VE DONE IT NOW WITH RAFA AND SERVES YOU RIGHT !
    IT’S A PITTY WE ALL HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF YOU.
    I HOPE THE VALUE OF THE CLUB AS WELL AS YOUR SHOPS PLUMMET AFTER YOU EVENTUALLY PUSH A GREAT MAN OUT THE DOOR AND AWAY FROM THE CLUB THAT HAS BEEN HOPING FOR A REVELATION LIKE RAFA FOR YEARS.

YOU SHOULD JOIN TEAM PUTIN AND TRUMP AS THEY SEEM TO STAND ON THEIR HANDS FOR 99.9% OF TIME AND TALK OUT OF THEIR ARSES

• The overrated Frenchman

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:13 AM

I don’t think jane is Theresa May.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:15 AM

Jib definitely has the hots for Jane. A blog wedding would be nice.

• Whistler

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:16 AM

@Jib
    Oh I see you resurfaced…I take it you couldn’t muster any ‘facts’ to counter my points then…didn’t think so.
    Never have I came across such a pathetic, needy attempt to garner attention on a blog as seen from you… your evident low self esteem matched only by your low IQ… utter tool

• jazzyp

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:17 AM

Daved

I know mate,I don’t think he has any intention but we can all hope bud

• hibbit

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:18 AM

is Rondon classed a prem loan or a championship loan ??

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:18 AM

It’s a glorious Sunday, I think I’ll head out for a beer or ten.