New Signing Keen To Make History – He’s Got The Right Attitude To Do Just That

28-year-old Salomon Rondon made the loan move to Newcastle yesterday with Dwight Gayle going the other way.

Both loan deals do not have an option to buy clause in the loan contracts.

Rondon becomes the first Venezuelan to sign for Newcastle, and he will be hoping to make his debut in the second half against Spurs on Saturday – in the early kickoff game.

Rondon has been given the number 9 shirt with Dwight having vacated it by going on loan to the Baggies.

Salomon Rondon with kids – wow – what a great stadium Dad!

Rondon was interviewed by nufcTV, and he started off talking about the number 9 Newcastle shirt and the long history of great players wearing it:

“If I can take the number 9 it is a pleasure for me.”

“I know this number is heavy in this club. A lot of top strikers played here – Alan Shearer, Tino Asprilla – so it’s important for me as a striker, of course”

“My dad always told me the striker has to play with the number nine!”

“If you say the names – Alan Shearer, everyone – this country knows about him and what he did for the club.”

“And Asprilla is a South American player, he’s Colombian, and we know in South America a lot about the players.”

“For me, I’m here, I’m Venezuelan and I want to make history at this club.”

“It’s a pleasure to be here, the first Venezuelan to play for the club, and I’m grateful for the opportunity.”

“I’m excited to start with my teammates, and I’m very happy. Now I’m focussed on the season and I want to help my teammates get the points and reach the target this season.”

“I was in Birmingham with my family and my agents told me about the interest. It’s a big opportunity for me and my family.”

“It’s a big club in the Premier League and I know the interest of the gaffer. I’m happy that finally the deal is on and I’m here.

“I have played a few times, when I came to St. James’ Park.”

“The atmosphere was amazing, the supporters were very passionate and that is amazing when a player plays on the pitch and feels something like that.”

We knew before Salomon arrived on Tyneside that he was of good character – a typical player that Rafa likes.

Now we hope the manager can get the very best out of him, and there’s a good chance of that with Rondon’s attitude being top-notch.

• Get up salmon

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Hopefully his tight fistedness is just to get some of the loan back and lower what he wants for the club

There is a lot of signs that would indicate a normal business man selling up or preparing to do so

Yet this is cashley and he does very little the normal way

• Jib

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:42 PM

He sounds a good lad

• Lindisfarne

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Talksport now

• TomaKaThor

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM

I am glad we got him over the line, with all the realistic targets I’d take him over some of the crocks we have been linked with like Ings and Sturridge who would of missed most the season no doubt, I just hope we can get in the young French lad so we don’t have to rely on Joselu as back up

• Just a fan

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Talks of Kennedy knocking centres over for Robson are a bit premature.in the friendly on Saturday he seem to cut inside a lot.murphy seemed more direct

• Just a fan

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:55 PM

Rondon

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Lindisfarne…that was a good feature on Talksport. Said a lot that needed to be aired, with very little interruption from H&J. who were sympathetic to the case!! Brill.

• Wayayman

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:02 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Lindisfarne. Luke Edwards telling it how it is. Really impressive, and the hosts seemed to take on board everything he said.

• Online Guy

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:06 PM

If I said ..

Ashley hates Newcastle Fans would I be right ? What do you think the answer is when he’s laying in bed trying to go off to sleep .

Does he detest us ?

• nufc 11

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:07 PM

Kevin Mbabu can LB and RB id imagine he wouldn’t cos t the earth to buy back, the french lads can be very hit and miss I remember thinking Haidara was going to be a good player and then he just went missing id rather Mbabu.

• Online Guy

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:09 PM

Jib

No one has threatened Ashley in person…

You might see the odd comment on here but it’s not serious and it’s always tounge in cheek..

You know that .

Jib nothing personal but your an Ashley Cohort.

How can you defendo him ?

You related to Charnley ?

• hibbit

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Thanks Lindisfarne.

Luke Edwards didnt mass about got the main points over very well and H&J gave him the time without interruption to put a solid case forward

it’s just a pity more of the press aren’t giving us such a fair hearing

• Online Guy

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:11 PM

Mikey Grays a Daft bugger. Thick as pigs… shI….

• jazzyp

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Online

Ya wasting ya time mate.He only does and says things to draw people in,Quite successful mind

• JDdubai

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:20 PM

So who is going to write to Mr Usmanov then?

£500m cash burning a hole in his pocket and desire to own a football club……

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:21 PM

Online Guy….I don’t know whether “hates” or “detests” are the accurate words.I thinks probably more like we infuriate him, maybe send him into a rage. I mean, who else contradicts and criticises the man so vehemently and unrelentingly. He puts me strongly in mind of “Spoilt Bast@rd” in Viz.

• Lindisfarne

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM

If anyone is a subscriber to The Telegraph perhaps they would not mind ‘copy n paste’ this article by Luke Edwards. His statement to Talksport was very reasonable.

(Sometimes it comes in handy being a white van man!)

• Jib

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Gospodin Usmanov

• hibbit

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:28 PM

• hibbit

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:31 PM

sorry
    need to be a subscriber for the link to take

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:31 PM

Surprisingly, the Metros are f@cked and are busy as owt. Again

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:35 PM

Yeah, I went for a Metro once,….and it came!

• north east lincs toon

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:39 PM

With his kids :dad who owns this stadium ah greedy twat what’s his favourite song dad: Brittney spears oops I did again I p@sd off the fans la la la

• Lindisfarne

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Jib

Is there anywhere to find the annual figures for the amount of money raised by the Newcastle FC Foundation?

I would guess that there might be a significant rise since Rafa Benitez arrived at the club.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:43 PM

Lindisfarne

Yeah I posted that at #15. Good response. I like how she pointed out that his letter had utterly failed to address the key matter of no team investment.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Tosun

NO WAY?! Things like that never happen to me. If only one day my Metro would come in.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:51 PM

No further signings are coming.. Player bonus still not settled..

What a great owner we have. That lying scumbag.

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Markaccus…I didn’t catch it. I fainted and it left!!

• Rotonda heights

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Brilliant response from Chi Onwurah. Gutsy lady who’s not afraid to stand up to this bully even with all his lawyers, much raking spin doctors, PR people etc. Good on her.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Get French Football News
    Get French Football News
    @GFFN
    Exclusive | PSG defender Stanley N’Soki has rejected an offer from Newcastle United, sources tell Get French Football News – full story (link: http://bit.ly/NSokiNU) bit.ly/NSokiNU

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Tosun

Thats a chance of a lifetime passing you by. You must have so many regrets.

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:56 PM

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:58 PM

N’soki must have heard of our legendary “line” and assumed it was some kind of terrifying barrier that was almost impossible to cross.

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM

That Russian is looking for a football club, that rules Nufc out.

We’re a shell of a club, people say bargain I say money pit. Ashley wants £400m it’ll take a further £400m to get the club back up to speed ie training ground academy and the squad.

Who would want to deal with Ashley?

He claims to want to sell but first you have to jump through hoops that are on fire then stick your head in a Lions mouth whilst whistling “I’m coming home” then and only then will Ashley let Charnley take your call

• Optimistic Panda

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM

N’soki must be awesome!

I’ve never seen him play but he has a shit haircut and coloured boots, he must be class!

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Rotonda

Agreed. It is also a relatively quick reply. She seems to want to keep it fresh to prevent people going cold on the issue. All in all quite far from the earlier suggestion on this blog that she acted like a “novice” MP.

• Markaccus

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:06 PM

Trump doesn’t need to build a wall on the Mexican Border. All he needs is to pay Charnley to go over and draw a line.