Alan Shearer Vents Against Newcastle Owner

Alan Shearer vented against owner Mike Ashley’s austerity at Newcastle last summer when he was on Match of the Day.

But that was the fourth time running that our manager didn’t get the funds he was expecting in the transfer market.

However, this summer because of Rafa’s contacts, drawing power, hard work and skill he managed to get seven good players in for a gross outlay of £22M.

But with Newcastle transferring players like Aleksandar Mitrovic for £22M, in addition to  Chancel Mbemba, Matz Sels and Mikel Merino, we made a profit of about £20M.

Alan Shearer – blasts Ashley – worried about Rafa leaving

So we got seven players in from the funds we got for Mitro.

This is what Shearer said on Match of the Day:

“I’m not happy. I’m exactly the same as the rest of the Newcastle fans because Rafa has not been given the ammunition to take the club forward.”

“Again Newcastle are in profit for this transfer window – about £23M – plus for finishing tenth last year you get around £120M – £143M in profit with transfers.”

“I think he will stay at the club until the end of the season then there’s no doubt about it, he will review it because at times he must think it’s an impossible job.”

“At least we know now where all the money has gone under this owner. But House of Fraser isn’t going to get any points for them.”

“Rafa Benitez did a magnificent job for them.”

“Last December Newcastle were in the bottom three so to get them into 10th position there’s no doubt Mike will be looking at it and thinking ‘What’s all the fuss about?”

“I’m making all this money, I’ve got a magnificent manager there and he’s getting us to 10th
position’.”

It’s not accurate to say the £120M we made from the Premier League is pure profit.

It’s revenue and Newcastle have costs like wages to pay out with that.

But Alan is making the point that Newcastle must have significant money to spend – and Ashley again refused to spend it.

Maybe the best bet of keeping Rafa is to keep letting him know we love the man and he’s like a God at Newcastle.

It was good to see the Rafa flag in front of Sports Direct during the protest yesterday.

Rafa may even realize that even with the travails of Mike Ashley he could still stay on at Newcastle because of the unity at the club and the support of the fans and the city

And hopefully each season the team would get better.

Everybody is behind Newcastle – except for those managing the money – the hierarchy.

Very strange indeed, but that’s the position we are in.

It may well depend on how well we do this season and if we don’t finish in the top ten maybe Rafa will think it’s not worth the time or the effort to stay on Tyneside.

But there’s no way Mike Ashley will sell Newcastle in the next year or two.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Spurs?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• c-dog

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:55 AM

Shearer is just like any fan.

Reaffirming the Ashley lovers on here are WUMs

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:56 AM

“At least we know now where all the money has gone under
    this owner. But House of Fraser isn’t going to get any points for them.”

Christ I thought Shearer had more brains than that !

• Black and white armpit

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:58 AM

Jib, were you BadSanta on skunkers?

• c-dog

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:58 AM

^^^ Ashley lover

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:00 AM

^^^
    Silly Billy
    incapable of debate

• c-dog

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:05 AM

Jib you’ve been asked time and time again where the money has went and you’ve never answered.

Now, am I correct in pointing out you commented yesterday that Ameobi would have a better insight into the club than posters on here? Now, I point out to you, that shearer has a better insight into where club money is really going than you.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:06 AM

Okay I am no accountant and I am sure Newcastle’s accountants have to balance the books accounting to best practice or they are accountable!

Can anyone explain to me how MA can buy HoF for TV money paid to Newcastle? Or even take money out without it showing somewhere?

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:08 AM

c-dog
    I point out to you, that shearer has a better insight
    into where club money is really going than you.

You’d think so wouldn’t you

But his comments seem to reveal a startling ignorance

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:09 AM

Jesper
    Short answer

He cannot

• Munster Mag

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:09 AM

Much as I like Perez, it sounds like muto will be putting real pressure on for that spot. Two kids with ear infections meant I had to leave the pub in Portugal before I got to see him but I liked the brief sighting of him for Japan. Rondon will ask plenty of questions of defences even if he is not quite the speed merchant Rafa wud like to help our counter attack. He didn’t look fully fit yesterday though.

• lochinvar

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:10 AM

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and his assistant Thierry Henry are in the frame to replace Leicester City manager Claude Puel, who has two games to save his job. (Sunday Mirror)

So soon ?
    What’s he done wrong ?

• Munster Mag

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:10 AM

Jib I assume he was just being cryptic etc

• JohnJ

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:11 AM

Alan Shearer is as big a fan of Newcastle United as all true Toon fans are! Like me and thousands of others he cares!

The only thing Ashley cares about is making money – end of……. get it!

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:12 AM

Munster Mag
    Be very careful with kids in swimming
    pools they are notorious for ear troubles

• c-dog

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:13 AM

And jib, could the same be said regarding ameobis comments from Yesterday?

• hibbit

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Jesper
    Short answer

He can and IF he has it will show up in the next accounts
    it’s his money as long as works within the law he can do what he likes

• geordiesteve520

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:20 AM

Forgive me if I am wrong but are not all Ashley’s businesses managed by an umbrella company called MASH Holdings? If that is the case and all monies eventually end up there…

• Jib

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM

It grieves me to say it.
    Big Al was 5 times the striker Shola was
    but
    Quite often when Shearer talks his lack
    of intelligence shines through.

You do know when he gives these fantastic
    insights of passages of play on MotD
    and everyone thinks “oh my ! what a brilliant analyst”
    he has been fed the info by a team of young BBC researchers

• hibbit

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM

geordiesteve520
    all ashleys private companies and shareholdings are managed by MASH

• lochinvar

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Regarding the so called missing revenue company accounts have to be audited.
    It will be evident what incomes have been earned and what expenditure has been made.
    Any loans or transfers also have to be identified.
    The interesting point might be to determine what salary and dividends have been paid to Directors including Mike Ashley.

Reality is that the Sky Money has probably been used to pay variable e costs such as players wages etc

The single biggest issue is the loss of potential revenue from the sale of advertising hoardings and signage provided FOC to Sports Direct. How much that’s worth someone needs to ascertain and then multiply that by 11 years. That’s not #where’sthemoneygone it’s more #howmuchrevenuehasntbeedearned

• bettyswallocks

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Jib…….. Do you think Ashley is keeping the club’s finances in check with a view to selling up or is it the long term plan now to spend the bare minimum in order to survive?

• Ron Knee

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:26 AM

Jib@18

Desperate stuff from you this morning.

• c-dog

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:28 AM

Completely unfounded comment Jib.

See it’s not that I’m “incapable of debate”. It’s that I choose not to partake with ones such as yourself where after 2/3 comments I’ve mopped up the floor with your face. Happy Sunday friend…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:32 AM

Do we have some life accountants on here and not just people who think they know how it all works?

Would be great to hear it from someone who works at Deloitte and even work within this field!

I found a lot of what I hear on here dubious at best…

• Toon&oot

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:22 AM

My god in respect of you HELMETS arguing whether he finances HoF with NUFC cash. The answer is you don’t know you trainspotters. What you do know is his companies and himself have been called to Court on a number of occasions, HMRC investigates NUFC. Keegan won at Court. No smoke without fire!

• JohnJ

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM

Jib @ 18

If you are a true NUFC fan why on earth would it GRIEVE you to say “Big Al was 5 times the striker Shola was”?

There’s absolutely no doubt about that fact whatsoever! I just wish that we had “A Shearer” in our team and in his prime now!

Shearer is still the all time record holder of goals scored in The Premier League and it’s likely to stay that way for quite some time yet!!!

I thought this page was supposed to be for supporters of Newcastle United?

I wonder if there could be a few Mackems slipping, under the radar, to this page to post negative comments!