It’s True – Rafa Doesn’t Give Much Praise To Newcastle Players

The way Rafa shakes hands with the Newcastle players after the games we had assumed that he also praised them for their displays when warranted.

And we thought Steven Gerrard’s famous words that Rafa never praised him after he had played well for Liverpool was no longer the case with the older Rafa Benitez.

But that may not be the case – and we may be wrong (yet) again.

🙂

Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles has said that Rafa rarely praises the Newcastle players.

Rafa Benitez and Jamaal Lascelles after beating Arsenal earlier this year

Peter Crouch said that Rafa overdid things – well that’s because he’s a perfectionist, so that explains that one.

But it seems that all Rafa wants is for his players to learn from every single game how they can improve.

This is how Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles explained it on the Four Four Two website:

“Some managers will just praise you all the time, but even when you do something well at Newcastle, Rafa will tell you how you can do it even better,”

“It’s rare that he praises players, as he knows no one here is potentially where they should be in terms of the level they can take this team to.”

“He knows I’ve got a long way to go. I’m, only 24, so rather than praise me, he will give me advice.”

So it’s true – Rafa is not too big on praising his players – but he seems very keen on wanting his players to learn – all the time.

That’s OK with us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Arsenal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:19 PM

Online Guy, you need to wake up mate if you think I was even remotely serious. Those smiley faces are quite a clue.
    I don’t know or care if he is or isn’t gay. That applies across the board. My point was… doesn’t matter. When you have to explain it it loses it’s point a bit. 🙂

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:20 PM

Ye doylum! 🙂

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Bobbee

I thought you had got out of the wrong side of the bed !

No harm done . Laughing .

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Bob

Those faces were not smiling . You Sent misery face. Rub that sleep out of your eyes yi div.

Hahaha

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM

Online Guy

Im such a funny guy.

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM

Ha ha ha, they’re deffo smiley mate. 🙂 It was, more aimed at 22 with his ‘people don’t break the law’ nonsense. Shouting abuse at a gay player would be breaking the law, so surely nobody would do such a thing?
    See, it loses it’s affect when you dissect it!! 🙂
    It was, not a dig mate, I assure you. You know about it when I have a dig! 🙂

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:36 PM

Pain.

Yes, those fans are involved in a prolonged effort, a strong constitution one might say .

Our owner has us treading water year on year so we can see why it’s come to this .

There’s a few pro’s amongst those protesters that stand up for the sake of Football and Newcastle United.

Eleven years , bar one , of scraping through on the pitch … we exsist as a Football club but it’s all secondary to Mike Ashley.

I know you know. Cheers.

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Bobbee

You went back and looked at your smiley didn’t you !

Gotcha !

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Oh, interesting. I’ve just Been hacked. I did not write “Im (sic) such a funny guy”. I use proper grammar as a rule. Looks like Toon 22 by its illiteracy. Are, there not rules against that?

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:40 PM

Online Guy, no, I didn’t actually mate. I need to alter my keyboard to change faces so I just knew I hadn’t! 🙂 Sorry.
    It wasn’t you hacking me was it? 🙂

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM

• chicousa

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM

Jib @72 previous post / bus
    “In ashley we trust, we all love ashley.“

How many shillings did you add to your “shill” totals on that statement??? 😉

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM

Bobbee

I was just gonna aarrskk you , how could one be hacked on ere ?

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM

No idea mate, but I assure you I didn’t write that.
    Jib, you’re the computer man. Someone just wrote something under my moniker. How can that even happen matey? That could cause ructions on here!! 🙂
    This keyboard’s too bloody small whilst I’m at it. Keep adding commas when I space. Grrr!

• RobLeenio

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:51 PM

chico, he’s added a lot, probably the equivalent of an ex-England goalkeeper

A Shil-ton….

I’ll let myself out.

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Jib

Per se or no per se , you did say Bellerin was GAY .

It’s OK Jib , I won’t hold it against you ! Hahaha

The really funny here is the fact you have been missing for the last hour and I just knew you were off googling away trying to acertain if Bellerin was GAY after you outed him as a Gay Man.

Now if that’s not a lesson in never believe what you read on’t net as Gospel……!

Jib , You have made some gaffes in the past but this one is your finest .

Outing a Professional Footballer from the Arsenal as GAY ! And he’s not !

Mr Tuff ! , have you seen this ? !!

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM

chicousa
    Believe it or not I didn’t post that
    Somebody posted it as me
    It’s happened before
    There are some sad folk out there

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM

There you go the same thing has happened to Bobby

• RobLeenio

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Jib, is that right? I thought you were just on a wind-up of toon22 but thought it had come from your own pen as it were

If someone is impersonating you from a different log-in, Ed should be able to check who did it and I would think hand out an immediate ban

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM

That’s just what Ed wants at the moment
    some goons hacking his blog to cause
    mayhem

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM

No need to be a detective to work out it’s Toon 22 jib. His carer must have helped, with him being totally illiterate. 🙂
    It may be easy to do, I’ve got a life so wouldn’t bother looking, but he hasn’t so there you go. Let’s be honest, it has to be easy my to do. How sad do you have to be to even bother looking how to do it?
    What a w@nker. 🙂

• chicousa

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Jib,
    OK. It was a pretty funny post though! I think you may not be an Ashley fan at all… 🙂

• RobLeenio

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM

erm, I just checked out how to do it….
    😉

• RobLeenio

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM

All you’d have to do is change your nickname and how you want your name to be displayed. Seems pretty easy, unless there is a restriction on two people using the same nickname.

One thing which is more difficult is to change an avatar to match. I reckon I may look into getting one tonight, never really saw the point before.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Writing as somebody else just destroyed any lingering credibility he had.
    Sadly that needs looking at because it could cause trouble on here.
    Does the lad who set it up still post? Maybe he can fix it without bothering Ed. What a moron.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:10 PM

Rob, it had to be easy for that cretin to do it. He can’t engage in meaningful discussion so targets people he claims are pro Ashley – me and jib!! 🙂
    Must be because I’ve never written anything anti Ashley on here. 🙂 Not the intelligence to realise you can be anti Ashley and still go to games. Drool dribble blurb. What a dick.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Jib

Re; your reporting of the Arsenal footballer Bellerin as GAY .

If only you could turn back the clock a few hours eh ?

Who we playing on Saturday ?

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:17 PM

By popular demand I bow to the requests of a few weeks back to come up with a name for the Ashley staff on this blog ..they will now be known as …

The Shirebrook Shills.

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:19 PM

we playing Arse – anal on Sarraday

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Ooh Jib ..stoppit ! ..Ooh .. your tickling me ! Ooh ha ha Ooh !

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:23 PM

Online Guy if you have a stream media player
    try this

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:24 PM

Wow, this needs recording for posterity. Adrian Durham now singing the praises of Jonjo! After he’s slated him forever, he’s now demanding he plays for England! Welcome to the real world Adrian.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Was gonna post that myself Jib but I thought it was better coming from you.

Newcastle 3 Arse one .

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:31 PM

Rafa suggesting Jonjo might not play on Saturday, due to this niggling thigh injury. He was playing through it for weeks apparently, which explains some of his longer passes going astray.
    I hope they can get him fit for the game myself. We’re not the, same team without him. It’s a visual proof that when he plays well, we play well. He really is the best we’ve got. Just hope we can keep him.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:33 PM

Bob

What’s going on, Adrian Durham is a tit when it comes estoppel Newcastle… estoppel? Where the Fk did that come from …everything’s skew whiff the day.

Possibly a new word for the English language.

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:37 PM

Jib ,

Thanks for the link I’m 2mins 27 secs in. The dog was yanking at my ankle so paused , pawsed.

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:41 PM

You’re welcome Online G

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:42 PM

You’ve always been my favourite poster…

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:44 PM

You’re welcome
    OG
    The post above is the impostor
    It cannot be toon22 as he spelled you’re correctly
    I actually think (hope) it’s Jail for Ashley
    as Ed will send him spinning into the pit of banishment
    😀

• Jib

Sep 12, 2018 at 5:46 PM

and Jail it’s no use saying the posts are just
    a bit of fun
    you are a squeaky voiced tosser
    😀