Newcastle Player Can Soon Become One Of The Premier League’s Best

Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka has probably been our top player so far this season appearing in every one of our eight league games this season so far.

The goalkeeper has kept the score down on a number of occasions with some first-class saves.

Martin is away on International duty with Slovakia at the moment and he’s been talking to the Slovakian press.

Martin says he is determined to relax away from football and he gives the Newcastle region a thumbs up because of it’s close proximity to the sea and a number of castles close by.

Martin Dubravka – in action for Slovakia

This is what Martin has told the Slovakian press:

“Compliments are flattering to me, but if the team does not succeed, the good interventions of the goalkeeper are not solved.”

“I’m just building my confidence, I’m trying to prove that I deserve the post of the unit.”

“I see what I could do better, but I can not live 24 hours in football.”

“I try to have a private life and do the things that I enjoy.”

“I’m going to turn off in nature, away from people because the pressure in Newcastle is often too big.”

“We have castles, sea, it’s nice.”

“These are the details that we lack and decide. We could have been victorious (at Old Trafford), but we did not manage it in key moments,”

“I said we should sit as a team and find the right way foloowing the Leicester defeat.”

“The English media mistakenly took over, it was presented (the players’ meeting) that I was going to revolt.”

“It was an ordinary meeting that is common place in our situation. It has resulted in things that remain internal.”

“I was very happy as always – there is a fantastic atmosphere,”

“I believe that we will win over the Czech Republic and we will take that (positive) mood to Newcastle with us, where we will break it and reflect on better performances.”

Slovakia will play the Czech Republic and Sweden during the International break.

Dubravka is a strong character and is determined to become a better goalkeeper at Newcastle.

With that kind of attitude, the 6ft 3ins tall goalkeeper is almost sure to improve. and be an even bigger success at Newcastle than he already is.

At the end of the season, Martin is likely to be acknowledged as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and he was again outstanding at Manchester United last Saturday.

It’s just a pity we couldn’t have taken at least a point from the game.

But it’s over now and behind us and we lost 3-2.

We think (hope) better things lie ahead for Newcastle this season.

• Jib

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Jail
    Tosun’s post made total sense to anyone who
    has a little education and knows Cervantes.
    You should learn a little humility
    Rather than make sarky comments lean to
    say
    “So sorry I’m a thick as pigshit sand-dancer
    could you please explain”

• hibbit

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedrawas was indeed rather lean

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Jiblets,
    I’ve read Don Quixote, book one anyway. I just don’t understand his question.
    I asked him to rephrase it please.
    Are you honestly suggesting that anyone who hasn’t read Cervantes is uneducated, no wonder you come across as such a tw@t.

• Mag :P

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:25 AM

Gotta love jib brightening up everyone’s day.

What a guy.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Jeezus Christ, it’s only just gone nine and Jiblets is on the sauce already.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:30 AM

I can see a record comments filled with debate happening today with Jiblets firing off the first salvo. Again, pain in the blog, are you watching???

• RobLeenio

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM

It’s interesting that Dubs suggests his leadership of the team meeting was seen by the media as a moment of rebellion. I never saw it that way, I didn’t see anyone on here phrasing it like that and the English National and Local media, as far as I know, didn’t express it like that.

On the contrary, it was held up as an example of him taking a more proactive leadership role in the team affairs and welcomed on that basis.

I wonder if the Slovakian media made more of it than that? After all, playing in the Premier League, Dubs is one of the highest profile Slovakian players along with Hamsik and Skrtel and probably attracts a fair amount of press coverage.

• Jib

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Jail
    Again you miss someone’s point by the width
    of the Tyne between the piers.

Admitting you have read Don Quixote makes

“Jail for Ashley
    Tosun A. Wobbler,
    That didn’t really make a lot of sense”

even more head-shaking

“Are you honestly suggesting that anyone who hasn’t read Cervantes is uneducated”

not at all but someone who cannot rationalise what Tosun was
    referring to probably has difficulty walking ,and chewing gum ,at