Newcastle Fans Simply Ecstatic – Celebrate First Win – Fantastic 3 Points

Newcastle fans took to Twitter after our lads fought like crazy to win our first game of the season and we also managed to double our points total to 6 points.

And we are currently 4th bottom of the league. – out of the relegation zone.

Let’s celebrate this win but what we really need next week is another win against Bournemouth at home before the long two-week International break.

If we win again next Saturday we can start to talk about moving up the league table quickly and even finishing in a higher place than 10th.

Even talk about even getting back into European competition again – well maybe we’ll not be that daft?

🙂

Ayoze Perez – heads winner from Ki free-kick

Howay The Lads!!

• Jib

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:01 PM

If Liverpool played Real Madrid at the moment
    they’d moider da bums.
    What a difference 5 months makes

• Our Toon

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:15 PM

Zele

On Rondon we expect to much from him when he’s nowhere near fit, it’ll take him 5 games but the plan would never have been to give him full 90mins today.

It’ll do him good though going forward, I was very impressed with muto even though he was only on for a 44mins, looks like a very shrewd piece of business

• Tosun A. Wobbler

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:24 PM

I think I’ll nick off from the blog now that we’ve got our long awaited win . I joined like most good old boys, for the footy banter and a few laughs, after reaching 65 and not being able to get to SJP unaided anymore, after 50 years man and boy!!
    I promised myself that as soon as some mental case tried to start a feud with me I’d jack it in. Well, I lasted 4 years until last week when I posted a carefully considered bit why I thought the 11 minute delay wouldn’t work efficiently.
    I got one response only from some mongrel (yes, you know who you are),that is either a member of the Magpie Group, or passing himself off as a member to up his credence on the blog. On the basis of my piece, this earwig suggested that my post could give away secrets to Mike Ashley’s PR team, (really? It was in the papers!) and also had the gonads to say that HE was “suspicious “of me.
    Well, if you’re paying attention mate, you’re not as important or significant as you think you are. You’re a pubic hair.
    If he responds, would one of the decent posters tell him he’s wasting his time, ‘cos I’ve buggered off.
    Cheers Tosun

• toonbrother

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:33 PM

Well done Ayoze
    What a way to respond to the haters and detractors of yours
    Pure class
    Excellent displays by Schar and Ki also.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:35 PM

Back home and absolutely knackered and hoarse Brilliant result if not a great performance but we stuck to our task even if hanging on at the end.

first half we were second best all over the pitch after the first ten minutes – if not fro some dreadful finishing Watford could of been out of sight with Deulofeu wasting at leat four opportunities.

we were wide open down our right with Yedlin giving far to much space to Deulfeu.

We were a different team when Shelvey had to go of as up to then we were relying to much on him and he slowed the game down with his long passing and ‘lazy’ style.

Once Ki came on he changed the game with his passing running and enthusiasm – our tempo increased and passing was a lot quicker and crisp which upped the crowd and there was a brilliant atmosphere second – topping it with a sweet whipped free kick for the goal.

Watford better footballing team but with it were quite dirty and niggly – and like to see again – was it a penalty second half the block on the line and should Deeney seen red for his elbow in Yedlin’s face at the end

Merit marks
    Dubravka 7 – had nothing to do for all of Watfords possession – one good block save
    Yedlin 5 – battled on but left far to much space and twice got shoulder barged off the ball – got to be stronger. all attacks came down his wing
    Lascalles 6 – did ok but sadly good at defending but not the best on the ball – slows the game down with to many sideways passes – struggled end of first – holding his arm last ten minutes.
    Fernandez 8 – pick of our defenders got in some great tackles and very accomplished on the ball.
    Dummett 7 – Did not know he was on the pitch so must of had a good game – nothing got past.
    Ritchie 6 – very in and out ran his socks off but left to much space in front of Yedlin crossing was poor
    Diame 7 – One of his better games once Shelvey went off got stuck in and broke their play time and time again – but got to improve his first touch.
    Kenedy 7 – pick of our midfielders drove the Toon forward but at times tends to over elaborate.
    Shelvey 6 – thought he was poor to day when he got the ball slowed the game down – looked slow and ponderous with to many sideways passes and long balls
    Muto 6 – started off brightly closed down their defence plenty of movement and passing but last twenty minutes of first half struggled must of had a knock to be taken off with thirty seconds of first half left – never seen that before.
    Rondon – 5 like a First World war tank – trundled around all game took a age to turn looked slow all game and could not get off the ground to head the ball – Not fit!!! – should of done better with header at the end

Subs
    Perez 5 – good ‘goalscorers’ goal gambled on the whipped in free kick – maybe good job he did not have time to think might of missed. Rest of the game did not show much
    Schar 7 – needs more game time as he looks good on the ball passes well and carries the ball forward also good indolence in the air
    Ki 8 – Man of the Match – for me changed the game with his movement and willing to be on the ball – got the ball passed it quickly long and short and moved when passed the ball – thus changed the tempo of the game. great whipped Free kick instead of the floater.

Ref – 4 woeful let Watford get away with murder.

Rafa 7 – Subs out of his hand when they came on – but in hindsight great substitutions who all contributed to the win!!!!!!!!!!!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:38 PM

Oh and fans – 10 – brilliant second half Players and fans played off each other with the quicker tempo

• Jib

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Tosun
    I know what you mean
    but tough it out

This prick posted this
    “Optimistic Panda
    Jib
    What’s colour got to do with any of the protesters or Mps.
    You’re a prize twat and a vile human being!
    I hope karma catches up with you one day.
    Disgraceful human being!”

About 5 people pointed out I was talking political colour
    and not being racist.

did said scumbag apologise ?
    of course not
    It takes balls to admit you’re wrong
    so there was no chance with this worm

• magscar

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:40 PM

Tosun

Shame you are feeling it has become too much as I think the balance us oldies bring is good for the Blog overall. Having said that I have just about given up as well but I do keep dipping in.

• Oldgit1

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:56 PM

@ Tosun, I know how you feel being an oldie myself, I don’t comment much now because of the usual twats that get on this site. We were brought up to be respectful, but am afraid it’s wasted on some here.

I just come on for the occasional laugh and admit there are some comics on this site that does make it worthwell.

As my old man once said, don’t let the buggers get you down.

• toon22

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:14 PM

To be fair JIB you have been a vile horrible person before

• Bigjim67

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:15 PM

Tosun
    Don’t let it get to you mate, this blog is meant for ALL fans of nufc. Hope you enjoy your evening after a crucial toon win!

• Lindisfarne

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:16 PM

• Mag52

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM

You said it Old git, “Don’t let the b@ggers get you down”, and to be fair, there are only a few of these annoying b@ggers. Say what you want to say, ignore the idiots and keep tuning in.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:21 PM

Tosun,

You’re always worth a read, unlike your detractor. Don’t let him put you off posting with us oldies.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:23 PM

Tosun

As another oldie, I must admit there are times when I wonder why I bother to participate there’s is so much sniping and handbag swinging.

It’s a bit like a poor quality soap at times but what you don’t want to do is let the mud slingers and backbiters have the total run of the blog, it’s insulting to Ed.

I continue to post 1. Cos i’m foremost a Toon suporter 2. Cos there are a lot of good posters, even if at times some of them are dicks. and 3. It can be quite amusing watching some of the bickering, so do continue to contribute and if some pratts are having a go at you, either ignore it or laugh at it, knowing you are better than they are.

Solidarity with the oldies is what I say. (and some of the younger ones as well)

• Just a fan

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:24 PM

I thought Kennedy may have been man of the match and up to now have not rated him.i do have a confession to make.i did not realise lascelles went off at half time.

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Ok
    Just put in my votes: Perez MOM and Newcastle to win.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Jib

I believe that you’re up to 89 hearts for your suggestion re ilovetoon8788. That’s unprecedented. I think it’s called a majority.

• Jib

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:41 PM

wow !
    just
    wow !

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:41 PM

haven’t voted as I didn’t watch the game but from what I heard and read I’d have gone for Ki or Schaar one bought a bit of style to our play and the other a touch of defensive constructiveness. Perez deserved a special mention for a fantastic goal, he doesn’t do ordinary ones does he?

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:42 PM

Our first victory since men went to sea in wooden ships! Huzzah!!!

• Pottsclock

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:44 PM

I’m with Tosun. I’ve hardly posted in the last month. It’s not the atmosphere I like…it’s not easy to talk freely without being accused of something. A few individuals mostly but it spoils it completely

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:45 PM

Lascelles (1 vote) made a fantastic block early on to stop a certain goal.

Diame had a thunderbolt shot that bought a brilliant save from their GK.

• Nufc-83

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:46 PM

I never get the hate for Yedlin as a defender as I always think he looks extremely solid. He is obviously quick and is pretty good in the air for his size he very rarely gets beat by the winger. The space left open today was mostly down to ineffective marking from covering players such as Richie and Diame.

• Jib

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:47 PM

104 votes now !!!!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:47 PM

A fine goal by Ayoze. We’ll need more from him. I thought the subs all played well and deserve much credit. We looked well organized in the second half. The Watford attack seemed to peter out but that first half was horrible. They could have had 2 or 3. Six points and oot of the drop zone for now. Try not to let the idiots on here get you down lads. We know who they are. I have just as much trouble as everyone else ignforing them.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:47 PM

G2 and 5, yes 5 points, the others aren’t so lonely now!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:49 PM

I thought Yedders had one of his best games today. His blazing pace really stood out and served us well. Another well deserved clean sheet for wor Martin!

• Black and white armpit

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:50 PM

102 Hearts

Catchy and crew Oot!

Still a worrying display first half but such a relief to finally post a win, subs give hope for the rest of the season.
    Ki needs to start next match and the captain is looking at getting pushed out of the starting line up once Legeune returns.
    Rafas 3rd/4th. choice summer signings aren’t looking too bad after all (Jury still out on Rondon until he’s fully fit).

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:51 PM

Nufc-83
    I’ve always thought he was a decent player. Another good/bad point about him is his attacking ability, which means he does get caught out at times, which is where he needs someone to back him up and that support isn’t always there making him appear to be a scapegoat.

• Nufc-83

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:53 PM

Completely agree Essex

• Jib

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:54 PM

I may actually watch MotD
    😛

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:55 PM

17th place looks good on us!

• Black and white armpit

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:56 PM

You can’t fault Richies’ work rate but we could really do with Murphy or Atsu finally offering a little more and taking the position.
    Not sure either of them will help give Yedlin the cover he needs mind.

• cornishman

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:02 PM

Phew at last. Great second half performance, thought Ki was superb, always looking to go forward with great vision. If Jonjo is fit I would like to see him and Ki in the middle, although Mo did improve he looks like a free kick waiting to happen as he did against M.U. when Mata scored. Lady Luck at last paid us a visit and about time too.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:03 PM

Our return to form is amazing! Now we surge up the table, surprising club after club “a whoompin’ and a whompin'” Huzzah!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:06 PM

What am I talking about, we have 6 points not 5, duuuuh.

• toon kk

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:07 PM

Great to win a game and get a vital 3 points.
    I can’t comment on the game/performance i never saw the game.
    We’ll done.

• hibbit

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Tosun
    mate don’t let the buggers get you down,
    prats like that are 10 a penny stay strong and just give them 2 fingers