Player Doing Lots For Charity Including The Newcastle United Foundation

Christian Atsu has been interviewed in the Chronicle, and he has talked about his involvement with the Newcastle United Foundation – an organization that does some excellent charity work in the community in the name of the Newcastle club.

Atsu is fully involved in that, and he is also is involved with another charity – Arms Around The Child – and his position is as an ambassador for the charity.

He has helped raise money which is sent back to Ghana to help build things like new schools in the country.

Christian Atsu – involved in charity work

Christian talked initially about the Newcastle United Foundation dinner celebrating its 10th anniversary which he attended with Rafa and several more of the Newcastle players:

“I’m very happy that Newcastle as a community is coming together to support the Foundation.”

” I think it’s a great thing for the team that they are doing so much in the community,”

“I think it is very important, and I am very happy that Newcastle is doing this to help the community.”

“It is important to help the kids in the community, and also to encourage other people to help and do their bit too.”

“I am very happy that Newcastle, as a big club, is doing this in this community.”

As we said earlier Christian is also an ambassador for the charity “Arms Around The Child” and he helped raise thousands of pounds for children as host of a Gala dinner back in March in Newcastle.

Atsu has proudly talked about the work he has done for this charity:

“I was very happy with the dinner that we did – I didn’t really expect it to be big like that.”

“Thankfully, the media helped create a lot of interest and everything went well.”

“We have sent money through to start building a school back in Ghana. We are starting to build the school now.”

“Hopefully soon we will be able to start taking some pictures and posting them on Instagram to show everybody what is going on.”

“The school is being built in Senya Beraku, which is one hour’s drive from where I live. That’s where the academy is where I played before.”

“In Ghana, it is not always easy to do things quickly because you have to get certificates from the Government.”

“I am very happy that we are on course.”

It’s really great that Christian is involved in charity work back close to his hometown.

It’s always a good thing when players can use their celebrity to do some good for others not so well off as themselves.

Christian has a heart of gold.

Now to get him more match fit so he can start playing regularly for Newcastle again – and start scoring some goals?

• Ron Knee

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:52 PM

The blog seems to have turned into a Unicorn Chasers’ Convention tonight.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM

As it seems to be a Brexit forum tonight, I lay the blame wholly on Cameron. After he returned from Europe with an empty begging bowl in total rejection and humiliation in his pathetic efforts to get a better deal from the EU the population (most of us anyway) were not very happy at his abject failure.

This disenchantment sowed the seeds of the desire to get out of the bureaucratic non elected invisible masters led club in which we didn’t actually have a lot of clout.

The way thing are going however I reckon we are going to be stuck and beholden to them for many years to come and still subsidising them

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM

Unicorn steaks, mmmmmmmmh.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM

One of my very few if ever, political posts. I think you should have had to prove you voted in the last general election to vote for Brexit, way to many half wits voted, who had never voted in their lives because they thought that the Bangladeshis, who incidentally are about third or fourth generation shields folk, would disappear from the doctors waiting room.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Jail
    Actually, a lot of the GPs and other medical staff are almost certainly Bangladeshis and other ethnic minority’s so your point is well made.

I didn’t vote to see them leave or stop them coming and in the main as far as I am concerned they are very welcome.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM

Anyway a match to watch, later.

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:10 PM

A referendum or plebiscite – the direct vote of ALL the
    members of an electorate on an important public question.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:14 PM

Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious.

• Optimistic Panda

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:18 PM

The

• RobLeenio

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM

I’m gonna take the opportunity, seeing as everyone else is taking a turn.

The tragedy of Brexit is that the majority of ‘leave’ voters came from the older generations, whereas the greatest impact will be on the younger generations.

My kids, for example, will not have the opportunities to live, travel and work in Europe.

And how much of a say did they have on how the vote went? Absolutely none.

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:32 PM

RobLeenio
    My kids, for example, will not have the opportunities to live,
    travel and work in Europe.
    What ?
    They are just changing the rules
    not towing the UK to another galaxy.

• Moonraker15

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:36 PM

RobLeenio
    Why won’t your children have the opportunity to work, travel and live in Europe after Brexit? Scaremongering again!
    Also the only reason most of the older generation voted leave, is because we have known life outside and, believe it or not it was better. Understandably, the young ‘uns haven’t had that experience and are therefore unnecessarily apprehensive! That is they don’t actually know better than us!
    This argument is flawed because we the older generation are unlikely to vote to be worse off on our last years are we?

• Belfast

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Jail I must say the quality of your gags have improved recently.

I think the current deal that’s on the table means brexit was a total waste of time. Basically once you join the European Union you can’t bloody leave it and now we all know it.

Short and sweet just for eu.

• Moonraker15

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Jib
    “Great minds…”
    I hadn’t seen your post! Lol

• RobLeenio

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM

Lol, Jib – fair enough, it will still be possible, but opportunities will be lessened and it will be altogether more difficult to make it happen. Visas, for eg, when none are currently required.

I may have over-egged the pudding somewhat….

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:45 PM

I first started work in Spain in 1982 for a holiday
    company – Spain didn’t join the EU until 1986
    You had a bit of a faff on getting a work permit
    but it wasn’t the end of the world.

• Ron Knee

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM

Rob

Don’t worry. They’ll have blue passports.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:56 PM

Rob @10

No, I think you’re quite right Rob. Anyone over the age of 50 should not have been allowed to vote in the referendum because they will be nigh on dead when the consequences of the vote kick in. And there should have been an IQ test too. I think that dipsticks have skewed the vote. And the wealthy shouldn’t have been allowed to vote either as it won’t affect them to the same degree. Short people should have been disqualified too and left-handers, while we’re at it.

I’m all for Universal Suffrage but you’ve got to use a bit of common sense.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:59 PM

Jeezus.H.Footin Christmas, jib’s been an airline pilot now as well, what else are we going to find out about this professor of modern history and taxi driver. Shakes head in what could be disbelief, astonishment and all round gobsmackery!!!

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:59 PM

Pain
    You forgot about excluding mackems and smoggies

• chicousa

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Just got back from running a few errands and see the 2-0 HT score! Come on boys take it easy on us now! 😉

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:02 PM

Jail
    You thick-headed twat – if I’d been an airline pilot
    I wouldn’t have needed a Spanish work permit.

Your attempts at humour just show you up for the
    knuckle dragging buffoon that you are.

• RobLeenio

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:04 PM

“Anyone over the age of 50 should not have been allowed to vote in the referendum” – now, did I actually say that? I’ve never even thought that!

When I said older generations plural, I was including my own, as well as the baby boomers, as opposed to the Millenials and younger.

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM

Actually Chico your lads have been OK
    The scoreline is slightly flattering for us

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:07 PM

Jiblets,
    You would if you lived and worked in Spain for a Spanish holiday company you fantatist you!!

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:08 PM

Rob

So you’re not disagreeing with me on the short people and left-handers then?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Yedlin partially at fault for the 1st goal.

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:11 PM

Jail
    Who mentioned a Spanish company ?
    doh

• Moonraker15

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM

Young Sancho reminds me of Jimmy Johnstone the great Celtic right winger!

• RobLeenio

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:13 PM

Pain, I’m saying nowt, but I will remind the blog that the Latin for ‘left’ is sinistra

😉

• Jib

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:15 PM

Whoops – Croatia are beating Spain

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:16 PM

RobLeenio utter rubbish you cant do out now with out there say so EU if we dont get out soon we will not have country for our childern or grandkids to grow up in never mind work its now or never.

• RobLeenio

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:19 PM

Runaway777 and I was accused of scaremongering?

Bill, I think that’s probably harsh on Yedlin – he could have got more on his header, but his team mate miscontrolled and gave the ball away.

He’s done little else wrong

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:23 PM

Iam just saying what belive to be true we are losing this country slowly but sure.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Jiblets,
    Nobody did, are airline pilots exempt from visa laws, are you footin Frank Aganbale now as well?

• Bambams

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Good job Kinnear is not still our manager….I think he might like the Right full/wing back for USA

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:27 PM

RUNAWAY777,
    If being under the EU brings up our children to share your levels of literacy then it’s high time we left the Union.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Shortly after Rooney is subbed on. “Dier and Henderson are also on, not that anybody came to Wembley to see those two.” Hahaha, from the Guardian minute by minute.

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Moonraker15 your so rite bro we had our owen rules and it was a better time too nhs is bust cause all our money goes to the EU

• Bambams

Nov 15, 2018 at 9:34 PM

I must admit I enjoy watching England and they are a young side.

Very promising for the future.